+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoff presale

Re: Playoff presale

I was able to go about 40 minutes early and was checked out in less than 10 minutes.
    There was nothing in the 400s. There were plenty of Jim Beams. I chose section 208 ultimately because there were a bunch of row 5s available.

Good luck.

Was anyone able to buy using their phone?

I am scheduled for 1 pm today.

Iím in early and there is nothing.

1:15 and still nothing. Anyone else?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees51 View Post
    1:15 and still nothing. Anyone else?
    I was able to get in about 12:30 for my 1:00 sale and there were only about 10 seats available in the entire stadium.
    "Any day is a good day when you can play baseball."

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyA View Post
    I was able to get in about 12:30 for my 1:00 sale and there were only about 10 seats available in the entire stadium.
    in now for my 130 and no tickets available

Did you buy anything? There was literally two singles in Delta thatís it.

Devoted Member

As of right now (1:23) there is ONE seat available
    Delta Sky Sec 218A
    $5561.00

This is a real slap in the face.

Devoted Member

This is a real slap in the face.
    I could have grabbed a single in Sec. 209 if I had jumped on it at 12:30 but I did not.

I could have grabbed a single in Sec. 209 if I had jumped on it at 12:30 but I did not.

All gone.... I went in at 130. At least I know it wasn't a computer error on my end. At least I no longer need to make difficult decisions.

Here's to hoping we win the pre-pre-sale....

Forum Regular

Nothing for me either at 130.

My rep said itís sold out. Doesnít know if more will be added. After a 40% price increase this is an insult.

Still waiting for my turn but if this is true itís a huge slap in the face.

My rep said it’s sold out. Doesn’t know if more will be added. After a 40% price increase this is an insult.

Well, with dynamic pricing on the pre-sales, I assume that licensees have flocked to buying strips to get tickets at "face" value and flip the tickets they don't use... That, or the the number of strips available has been reduced to force more people into the pre-sale.

Why does this surprise anyone? It's all about monetizing tickets...

Been in for the last 10 mins and nothing available. Given that they only let partial plans get 2 strips each, I think theyíve severely throttled the number of available strips, and itís a huge slap in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    Been in for the last 10 mins and nothing available. Given that they only let partial plans get 2 strips each, I think theyíve severely throttled the number of available strips, and itís a huge slap in the face.

I'd be okay with this result if they turned off the dynamic pricing ponzi scheme for plan holders / licensees... but we know that won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    I'd be okay with this result if they turned off the dynamic pricing ponzi scheme for plan holders / licensees... but we know that won't happen.
    Yeah but as long as plan holders were able to get strips, I think itís fair to have dynamic pricing for single ticket buyers. I think theyíll also be in for a rude awakening if theyíre just saving most of their inventory for single games, especially in the alds where the matchup will be less than appealing. ALCS might also suffer from fatigue, even if itís a good matchup against Houston.

Yeah but as long as plan holders were able to get strips, I think it’s fair to have dynamic pricing for single ticket buyers. I think they’ll also be in for a rude awakening if they’re just saving most of their inventory for single games, especially in the alds where the matchup will be less than appealing. ALCS might also suffer from fatigue, even if it’s a good matchup against Houston.

The thing is, the tickets will sell... They always do. And they know this. So they don't need to give their good customers a break on pricing. (They give a break on pricing for their best customers - the holders of fulls, 41's, and 20's who get invoiced strips as part of their package).

They've priced tickets correctly if the last ticket sells just before first pitch. And the tickets almost always do.

I question the benefit of being a plan holder (who doesn't get invoiced strips) if I am subject to dynamic pricing. Hell, give me an opportunity to buy up to the number of seats in my plan at "face" for a game a round, and then put me in the dynamic pricing pool for extras.

When I submitted my survey, I specifically mentioned what a joke the pre-sale was once dynamic pricing kicked in...

And now the more I think about it, the trend has been for fewer and fewer strips... I was allowed to buy up to 4 strips in 2017, but missed my window to buy. I was allowed to buy up to 2 strips last season, but the pickings were slim when my window opened. This year, I was allotted two, but the inventory was picked clean... So either there are fewer strips being sold, or more are being sold earlier on in the process. And to be honest, I don't recall strips being offered for sale to 16-game plan holders pre-2017 since I've been on board...
    Last edited by dstoffa; 09-06-19 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Second / Additional thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    The thing is, the tickets will sell... They always do. And they know this. So they don't need to give their good customers a break on pricing. (They give a break on pricing for their best customers - the holders of fulls, 41's, and 20's who get invoiced strips as part of their package).

They've priced tickets correctly if the last ticket sells just before first pitch. And the tickets almost always do.

I question the benefit of being a plan holder (who doesn't get invoiced strips) if I am subject to dynamic pricing. Hell, give me an opportunity to buy up to the number of seats in my plan at "face" for a game a round, and then put me in the dynamic pricing pool for extras.

When I submitted my survey, I specifically mentioned what a joke the pre-sale was once dynamic pricing kicked in...

And now the more I think about it, the trend has been for fewer and fewer strips... I was allowed to buy up to 4 strips in 2017, but missed my window to buy. I was allowed to buy up to 2 strips last season, but the pickings were slim when my window opened. This year, I was allotted two, but the inventory was picked clean... So either there are fewer strips being sold, or more are being sold earlier on in the process. And to be honest, I don't recall strips being offered for sale to 16-game plan holders pre-2017 since I've been on board...
    Iíve gotten strips every year that Iíve had a plan, since 2015. This is the first year that theyve choked the number of strips to boost single game sales. And given who the alds opponent is, I think theyíre making a grave mistake. I remember in 2017 tickets going under face on stubhub for the ALDS AND the ALCS. Now granted we were down in both of those series but even game 5 of the alcs was going for below face on Stubhub. This may very well backfire.

Damn I would have loved that. Oh well

My rep did say to me if I bought a bigger plan I could get postseason. They may be holding a lot back from people who have less than 20 games in their plan to try to encourage us to get bigger plans.

It will be very interesting to see how much inventory they have for the pre-sale & how quickly it sells out.
    Now I have to figure out which individual games it will be worth buying. Who knows what type of profit you will get with those.

Iíve gotten strips every year that Iíve had a plan, since 2015. This is the first year that theyve choked the number of strips to boost single game sales. And given who the alds opponent is, I think theyíre making a grave mistake. I remember in 2017 tickets going under face on stubhub for the ALDS AND the ALCS. Now granted we were down in both of those series but even game 5 of the alcs was going for below face on Stubhub. This may very well backfire.

Well, the fact that the tickets are selling below face on Stub Hub is of no concern to the Yankees, since the ticket has already been sold. It's the speculator that buys extras to sell, the ticket broker, or the Yankees(?) themselves that sell tickets below "face" on StubHub.

Some of those games two years ago the weather was pretty ................ey, too.

My rep did say to me if I bought a bigger plan I could get postseason. They may be holding a lot back from people who have less than 20 games in their plan to try to encourage us to get bigger plans.

I was solicited by my rep to buy more, but for me, the day of the week is the driving factor for the game(s) I want to attend to. I am not 25 anymore, and don't care to get home late when I need to be at work the next day. Many of my friends now feel the same way.

The invoiced strips are always a carrot to dangle.

Thread Information