+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    How is the Giants O-line this year? If it's solid I would like to see Jones starting on the early side of my 6-10 game time line. If it's porous, I'd rather keep Jones on the bench then get him broken.
    The part I watched looked good. They were largely responsible for the first TD drive.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    The part I watched looked good. They were largely responsible for the first TD drive.
    My only concern with throwing Jones out there too soon is the number of hits he'll take. If the line is decent he always has Barkely as a safety valve. Otherwise, yeah it's pretty obvious that Eli's best days are long in the rear view mirror.

My only concern with throwing Jones out there too soon is the number of hits he'll take. If the line is decent he always has Barkely as a safety valve. Otherwise, yeah it's pretty obvious that Eli's best days are long in the rear view mirror.
    Protection was decent this week, so i was encouraged about being able to go to Jones and not have him take an absolute beating. I agree with Slurpee that week 7 looks like a good time to change. The record will probably not be good, presumably NE will be an ugly loss, a long week off a Thursday game to get ready for the change, and two easier opponents coming up. We shall see.

Keep playing Eli...give him an extension

There is absolutely no point in Eli Manning at the age of 38 starting. An immobile QB that can't throw the ball deep consistently, inaccurate on short/intermediate passes, with a bad defense, does not equate to wins.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    There is absolutely no point in Eli Manning at the age of 38 starting. An immobile QB that can't throw the ball deep consistently, inaccurate on short/intermediate passes, with a bad defense, does not equate to wins.
    This team isn't going to win no matter what so I don't mind Eli starting a few more games as Jones keeps learning and getting ready. But I would like to see Jones getting a series or two each half to help speed his development.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    This team isn't going to win no matter what so I don't mind Eli starting a few more games as Jones keeps learning and getting ready. But I would like to see Jones getting a series or two each half to help speed his development.
    I doubt they're ready to call the season yet. Eli will get at least the next couple of games. And it would also be nice for Jones to get some of the receivers back for his first NFL start.

NYYF Cy Young

I hope he proves me wrong, but trading 3 picks to draft Baker looks mighty stupid right now.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    I doubt they're ready to call the season yet. Eli will get at least the next couple of games. And it would also be nice for Jones to get some of the receivers back for his first NFL start.
    I almost think it's better to let Eli start through week 6 or whatever and once it's assured a lost season throw Jones in there that way he can just focus on learning the pro game and not have pressure to win this year on top of it.

NYYF Legend

Or you start Jones now if you think he gives you a better chance of winning the games. Lets see what the kid can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I hope he proves me wrong, but trading 3 picks to draft Baker looks mighty stupid right now.
    He was the kind of bad that's almost hard to understand. Hopefully it's just a very rough adjustment, and he'll acclimate to the pro game, but man, he's been [Charles Barkley] turrible [/Charles Barkley].

Finally! Years too late but finally.

New era...Lets see what you have to offer, young blood!

NYYF Legend

Wow, I did not expect that.

NYYF Triple Crown

So excited!!!

NYYF Legend

So 14 games to evaluate Jones and see if Gettleman is a complete idiot or crazy genius.

I expected this but not this soon. I'm happy though.

I think he will play pretty well but I'm concerned about the fumbles and he's not used to being under center.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I expected this but not this soon. I'm happy though.

I think he will play pretty well but I'm concerned about the fumbles and he's not used to being under center.
    i expect growing pains. I’m just looking for competency, decent decision making and signs that he might be the future. I’m not looking for rookie Dan Marino stats.

Who the hell is he going to throw to?

i expect growing pains. I’m just looking for competency, decent decision making and signs that he might be the future. I’m not looking for rookie Dan Marino stats.
    Yeah, that's all we can expect out of him this year.

I didn't realize Eli was 116-116 for his career, but then again, thats not surprising.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Yeah, that's all we can expect out of him this year.

I didn't realize Eli was 116-116 for his career, but then again, thats not surprising.
    The sports talk guy on local radio said that had to be the most Eli stat of his career.

Honestly he had two magnificent playoff runs and few outstanding games in those two runs and a few games where he simply didn't screw it up in those runs. I love what Eli brought to the franchise but it's clearly time to cut ties after this year.

The sports talk guy on local radio said that had to be the most Eli stat of his career.

Honestly he had two magnificent playoff runs and few outstanding games in those two runs and a few games where he simply didn't screw it up in those runs. I love what Eli brought to the franchise but it's clearly time to cut ties after this year.
    Yeah, his time has come. Not sure if he'd take a backup job somewhere else next year or just retire. Best wishes either way. I've enjoyed having Eli in my life for the past 15 years.

NYYF Legend

Unless that backup job is with the Giants at a huge salary reduction he will retiree. He has said the Giants are the only team he wants to play for.

The next 14 games will either prove DG was actually the smartest man in the room on draft day, or that he isn't as smart as he thinks he is

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    The next 14 games will either prove DG was actually the smartest man in the room on draft day, or that he isn't as smart as he thinks he is
    I doubt it'll be that definitive. It'll be either this guy doesn't belong in the NFL or he has the potential to be a good QB. Not expect Mahomes here

Thread Information