+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

Jones is in a walking boot with a high ankle sprain, so...

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/sta...54578273705985

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Jones is in a walking boot with a high ankle sprain, so...

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/sta...54578273705985
    Just dont screw up the current draft position. I want Chase Young.

NYYF Legend

I hope Eli puts up big passing numbers in a losing effort. Maybe throwing a critical INT at the end that seals the L. I just want to see him pass Rothslethberger on the passing list.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I hope Eli puts up big passing numbers in a losing effort. Maybe throwing a critical INT at the end that seals the L. I just want to see him pass Rothslethberger on the passing list.
    Everyone hated Eli recently for losing and now they will hate him for winning if he blows the draft picks

I don't think there's any doubt Eli will pass Rape-elsburger in that stat in the first quarter this weekend.

In New England Tom Brady needs 5 more TD's in his last 4 games to have the all time lead. I think this is his last season.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Everyone hated Eli recently for losing and now they will hate him for winning if he blows the draft picks

I don't think there's any doubt Eli will pass Rape-elsburger in that stat in the first quarter this weekend.

In New England Tom Brady needs 5 more TD's in his last 4 games to have the all time lead. I think this is his last season.
    I hope Eli has a really good game, but the Giants still lose. If Eli isn't ready to retire, I hope he uses this game to springboard him to another backup role next year somewhere else.

Tom Brady isn't ready to retire and he may not get 5TD passes to this sad sack of receivers/TE he has.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post

I don’t hate Eli, never have.
    I love what he brought to the franchise they just stuck with him one big contract too long. That’s not on Eli, it’s on the front office evaluation.
    I’m sure Eli will try his best to win and for me I’m looking at this week as win-win, in that they either embarrass the Eagles who I dislike very much or they lose as expected and increase odds of better draft pick.

NYYF Legend

Big Ben would come back next season. Unless Eli keeps going after this season, Big Ben would come up ahead at the end.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    Big Ben would come back next season. Unless Eli keeps going after this season, Big Ben would come up ahead at the end.
    You never know. Maybe Big Ben faces new legal troubles in the off season. I just don't like that guy.

NYYF Legend

I say this as a Jets fan who neither likes nor hates the Giants - it's crazy, and a shame, that Eli might end his career with a losing record and two Super Bowl wins.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    I say this as a Jets fan who neither likes nor hates the Giants - it's crazy, and a shame, that Eli might end his career with a losing record and two Super Bowl wins.
    Better than a winning record and no Super Bowl Wins!
    That win against the 18-0 Patriots in the SB was one of my favorite sporting moments. Even though I was recovering from pneumonia.

Love how on the game-winning TD, everyone was in man and one guy decides to play zone. That seems to have happened a lot this year. Either our secondary is a bunch of idiots, or the coaching staff is just not getting through to these guys.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    Love how on the game-winning TD, everyone was in man and one guy decides to play zone. That seems to have happened a lot this year. Either our secondary is a bunch of idiots, or the coaching staff is just not getting through to these guys.
    Why not both?
    I was conflicted vs rooting against the Eagles and rooting to save draft position last night.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Why not both?
    I was conflicted vs rooting against the Eagles and rooting to save draft position last night.
    It made me so happy to watch the 1st half and see Eli do well. Then I woke up even happier to see they still lost.

I keep forgetting this is a thing. Yikes.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Panamaniac42 View Post
    I keep forgetting this is a thing. Yikes.

So infuriating - especially now that we know they are going to pick very high in the draft. As far as I can tell, the only thing Gettleman has been good at is getting value in the mid-late rounds (Connelly and Slayton in the 5th this year, for instance). Now they have less opportunity when they desperately need more talent. Hopefully that the problem of a new GM.

I would like Matt Rhule for HC.

Draft:

1. Young
    2. OL
    3. OL (they have supplemental pick in this round)

Did they lose their 4th or 5th pick in the L.Williams trade?

FA:

RT Conklin
    LB
    Simmons from the Broncos. Although Love has looked good thus far.

NYYF Legend

Dolphins, Redskins, Eagles to finsish up. They go 1-2 excellent chance to keep the #2 pick. They go 2-1 could be dicey where they draft and what quality player Gettleman will pick.

NYYF Legend

Dolphins, Redskins, Eagles to finsish up. They go 1-2 excellent chance to keep the #2 pick. They go 2-1 could be dicey where they draft and what quality player Gettleman will pick.
    Why are you assuming that he will still be in charge of the draft?

Thread Information