+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13
Results 301 to 318 of 318
  1. #301
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Sigh
    ..........

  2. #302

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    What the bleep has Joe Judge got on his resume?

    Lamb to an absolute slaughter

  3. #303

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    What the bleep has Joe Judge got on his resume?

    Lamb to an absolute slaughter
    Lot of special teams jobs and he's pursuing his PhD in Education from Mississippi State.

    Glad they didn't give Eric Bienemy a look, because why waste your time with the guy who runs one of the best offenses in football and comes from a solid HC tree.

  4. #304
    Death Star Fully Operational
    Join Date
    Jan 2004

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Man, you can't make this crap up.

  5. #305
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    What the bleep has Joe Judge got on his resume?

    Lamb to an absolute slaughter
    Well I know very little about Judge except I've now learned he was the WR coach in New England and Special Teams coach with Alabama before that.
    I'm oddly OK with the hire as I'd rather have someone I'm not sure can do the job than someone I know will fail.
    I thought they were bringing in Garret to interview for HC, as OC that might be better. Though when he had play calling duties in Dallas, that didn't go particularly well.
    But it would be someone with experience Judge could go to on the staff.

  6. #306
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Unreal. What a joke.

  7. #307
    Gio-Gleyber SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    My first reaction to the news was laughter. I had to Google cause I had no idea how he looked or sounded.

    I wanted Rhule but he wasn't a slam dunk. He has as much experience as an NFL head coach as Judge. Plus looks like Rhule really wanted to get paid. 7 year/60+ for a first time HC is crazy. Apparently he asked the Giants will they match before taking the Panther job.

    Hope Judge is good.


    Also glad no Gerrett. Absolutely did not want.

  8. #308
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Why would they ask permission to interview Garrett today an hour before they announce their new HC? Will they still go after Garrett for OC?

  9. #309
    Death Star Fully Operational
    Join Date
    Jan 2004

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    My first reaction to the news was laughter. I had to Google cause I had no idea how he looked or sounded.

    I wanted Rhule but he wasn't a slam dunk. He has as much experience as an NFL head coach as Judge. Plus looks like Rhule really wanted to get paid. 7 year/60+ for a first time HC is crazy. Apparently he asked the Giants will they match before taking the Panther job.

    Hope Judge is good.


    Also glad no Gerrett. Absolutely did not want.
    Looks like you might get him as your OC though!

  10. #310
    Death Star Fully Operational
    Join Date
    Jan 2004

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Why would they ask permission to interview Garrett today an hour before they announce their new HC? Will they still go after Garrett for OC?
    Because Garrett is still under contract to the Cowboys until January 14th.

  11. #311
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Looks like you might get him as your OC though!
    As I said before he might make a good OC where he failed as HC, he wouldn't be the first.
    But as I also said, his play calling when he did that as HC was questionable at best and he hasn't really developed Dak Prescot to the next level. What the Giant's really need on offense is someone who can elevate Jone's game at QB. I'm not sure Garret is that guy. But if they do hire him as OC I hope it works out OK.

  12. #312
    Death Star Fully Operational
    Join Date
    Jan 2004

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    As I said before he might make a good OC where he failed as HC, he wouldn't be the first.
    But as I also said, his play calling when he did that as HC was questionable at best and he hasn't really developed Dak Prescot to the next level. What the Giant's really need on offense is someone who can elevate Jone's game at QB. I'm not sure Garret is that guy. But if they do hire him as OC I hope it works out OK.
    Jerry wouldn't allow Garrett to call the plays during the 2019 season.

  13. #313
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Jerry wouldn't allow Garrett to call the plays during the 2019 season.
    Yeah I thought he lost play calling duties mid way through 2018 about the time they got Cooper and the offense looked good for a while. But I could be wrong it's not like I follow Dallas too closely. It seems whoever was calling plays this year in Dallas wasn't making the best use of personnel.

  14. #314

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Jerry wouldn't allow Garrett to call the plays during the 2019 season.
    Is being overruled by Jerry Jones a bug or a feature?

  15. #315
    NYYF MVP


    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    I'm OK with Judge, although I have concerns that his status as a less credentialed candidate made him more willing to accept Gettleman and the team's current power structure, and thus a more desirable candidate to the decision markers.

    I question Garrett as the OC. Sure, he has experience, but when has Dallas ever overachieved in the last decade? Why are we to believe he's going to improve anything?

  16. #316
    Death Star Fully Operational
    Join Date
    Jan 2004

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Is being overruled by Jerry Jones a bug or a feature?
    ??????

  17. #317

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Guy needs to learn his way around the metropolitan area, stat.


    Providence: After a short night’s sleep, Judge boarded a 6:43 a.m. Amtrak Acela train for New Jersey, bound for his 11 a.m. interview with the Giants, a 20-minute ride from Newark’s Penn Station.


    Manhattan: At 9:43 a.m., Judge disembarked at New York’s Penn Station. (Crazy thing about East Coast train stations. The city train stations in New York, Newark and Baltimore are all called “Penn Station.” Judge just heard “Penn Station” and got off the train. The Giants were sending a car for him, and Judge went to what he thought was the appointed spot. No car. Judge called his pick-up man. “Where are you?” The guy said, “I’m here. Where are you?” Judge looked around and told him 34th Street, and the Giants rep said, “You got off at the wrong Penn Station!” Judge pulled out his phone and got an Uber for East Rutherford. He was at Giants HQ by 10:45. All good. “I didn’t know there were two Penn Stations,” Judge said. “No problem,” he said. “I got there just in time.”
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

  18. #318
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk View Post
    Guy needs to learn his way around the metropolitan area, stat.


    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/
    Assuming he had to get out of his house way earlier to get to the Amtrak station it would have been faster to drive the trip. I don't understand why people waste money on planes and trains when Boston/NYC are only 200 miles apart. When you factor in getting to/from the station/airport you do not save any time.


    Edit: Someone is going to answer that he needs to prepare during the trip and not be driving. So you hire a personal driver.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts