+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    How is the Giants O-line this year? If it's solid I would like to see Jones starting on the early side of my 6-10 game time line. If it's porous, I'd rather keep Jones on the bench then get him broken.
    The part I watched looked good. They were largely responsible for the first TD drive.

NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    The part I watched looked good. They were largely responsible for the first TD drive.
    My only concern with throwing Jones out there too soon is the number of hits he'll take. If the line is decent he always has Barkely as a safety valve. Otherwise, yeah it's pretty obvious that Eli's best days are long in the rear view mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    My only concern with throwing Jones out there too soon is the number of hits he'll take. If the line is decent he always has Barkely as a safety valve. Otherwise, yeah it's pretty obvious that Eli's best days are long in the rear view mirror.
    Protection was decent this week, so i was encouraged about being able to go to Jones and not have him take an absolute beating. I agree with Slurpee that week 7 looks like a good time to change. The record will probably not be good, presumably NE will be an ugly loss, a long week off a Thursday game to get ready for the change, and two easier opponents coming up. We shall see.

Keep playing Eli...give him an extension

There is absolutely no point in Eli Manning at the age of 38 starting. An immobile QB that can't throw the ball deep consistently, inaccurate on short/intermediate passes, with a bad defense, does not equate to wins.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    There is absolutely no point in Eli Manning at the age of 38 starting. An immobile QB that can't throw the ball deep consistently, inaccurate on short/intermediate passes, with a bad defense, does not equate to wins.
    This team isn't going to win no matter what so I don't mind Eli starting a few more games as Jones keeps learning and getting ready. But I would like to see Jones getting a series or two each half to help speed his development.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    This team isn't going to win no matter what so I don't mind Eli starting a few more games as Jones keeps learning and getting ready. But I would like to see Jones getting a series or two each half to help speed his development.
    I doubt they're ready to call the season yet. Eli will get at least the next couple of games. And it would also be nice for Jones to get some of the receivers back for his first NFL start.

Thread Information