+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Devoted Member

Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

Surprised they let Lauletta and Conrad go. Feels like they are still holding last year against Lauletta; he seemed to play better than Tanney and have more room to grow. And, honestly, if this team makes it to their 3rd string QB, there’s not much hope for them. I hope they can somehow get Conrad for the taxi squad, but that seems like a risk.

NYYF Legend

Of all the odd moves that the Giants have made under Gettleman/Shurmer I will never understand their fasination with Alex Tanney. He is on the wrong side of 30 have twice cut drafted QBs to keep him. Lauletta had completely outplayed Tanney. Unlike Webb I don’t think he makes it through waivers.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I wish we can just play him from the get go. Nobody wants to see washed up Eli.
    They're still apologizing to Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I think Daniel Jones will be a bonafide star.
    Next step is being able to read complex NFL defenses.

NYYF Legend

Just as an aside I wish the Giants would add some red piping to their numbers. I can't justify dropping $100 on a basic blue shirt with white numbers (yeah I know there are knockoffs from China).

Something kind of like they wore in the late 80s. I'd be tempted to grab a Bavaro, Taylor, or Carson jersey from the NFL site but the only one they have in my size is Phil Simms.

NYYF Triple Crown

I really want a $100 Barkley jersey but the price is holding me back a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    Just as an aside I wish the Giants would add some red piping to their numbers. I can't justify dropping $100 on a basic blue shirt with white numbers (yeah I know there are knockoffs from China).

Something kind of like they wore in the late 80s. I'd be tempted to grab a Bavaro, Taylor, or Carson jersey from the NFL site but the only one they have in my size is Phil Simms.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post

I loved the old road ones from like 2000 that had red white and blue. I have an old Toomer one from back then.

I also have an Eli one from SB 46 that's pretty nice. Just white and red but still nice.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    They're still apologizing to Eli.
    I have no problem with them going with Eli for 6-10 games this year and transitioning to Jones for the last 6-10 games. It's a lost season let Jones go through meetings, carry a clip board, run the scout team and then throw him at the end of the year.
    I'm terrified Gettleman will extend Eli though and that would be disaster. Sitting Jones isn't a terrible idea, extending Eli would be.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I have no problem with them going with Eli for 6-10 games this year and transitioning to Jones for the last 6-10 games. It's a lost season let Jones go through meetings, carry a clip board, run the scout team and then throw him at the end of the year.
    I'm terrified Gettleman will extend Eli though and that would be disaster. Sitting Jones isn't a terrible idea, extending Eli would be.
    I'm on board with that split. Jones should get some games this year; it seems he should be able to handle it and the experience would be helpful for him. Unless they are somehow in the hunt for a playoff spot, it would be a waste of a year for him to be on the bench for all of 2019.

Not sure how much he'll play Sunday, or how effectively, but Zeke is back for Dallas.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...year-extension

So far this pass rush sucks

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Expected though.

NYYF Legend

Fire Gettleman. This is his mess. You can not longer blame Jerry Reese.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Fire Gettleman. This is his mess. You can not longer blame Jerry Reese.
    They will win a couple of the games coming up and everything will starting hyping them up. Mara doesnt care about moving forward, he just wants a quiet 6-10 with a few interesting losses.

Gettleman and Shurmer aren't going anywhere unless DJ8 is a bust.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Gettleman and Shurmer aren't going anywhere unless DJ8 is a bust.
    Red Sox fired Dombrowski 11 months after their best season ever and winning the World Series while having the exact same team as last year less one over-valued closer her smartly didn't pay. Anything can happen.

Chase Young would look good on this defense!

NYYF Legend

so will we have a bad defense this year, will it be one if the worst defenses in the nfl, or will it be a historically bad defense?

so will we have a bad defense this year, will it be one if the worst defenses in the nfl, or will it be a historically bad defense?
    I donít know, but Prescott could have hit 500 in his sleep if he wanted.

NYYF Legend

I don’t know, but Prescott could have hit 500 in his sleep if he wanted.
    I didn't see the game but what I caugh on NFL Red Zone looked like a bunch of Dallas receivers running passing drills the defenders were so far away.

It's becoming obvious, at least to me, that Eli is here due to Mara. I'm pretty sure Gettleman/Shurmer rather have Jones in there. Shurmer especially cause he fits his system.

NYYF Legend

It's becoming obvious, at least to me, that Eli is here due to Mara. I'm pretty sure Gettleman/Shurmer rather have Jones in there. Shurmer especially cause he fits his system.
    I could be crazy but I think Dallas WR running wide open through the secondary was just a slightly larger problem than Eli.

As I said a few post ago I'm fine with easing Jones in by having him sit somewhere between 6-10 game and then get him in to see what they have. They may win 5-8 games because they have a pretty cake schedule but no way this is a playoff team.

Devoted Member

I could be crazy but I think Dallas WR running wide open through the secondary was just a slightly larger problem than Eli.

As I said a few post ago I'm fine with easing Jones in by having him sit somewhere between 6-10 game and then get him in to see what they have. They may win 5-8 games because they have a pretty cake schedule but no way this is a playoff team.
    The next few games will be telling. Dallas is clearly a better team than the Giants, and you don't want to draw too many conclusions from one game. But if they aren't competitive over the next few weeks, it will be interesting to see how they manage things.

I expected the defense to not be good. They got rid of all their solid/good veterans and have no pass rushers.

My point is, this team isn't going anywhere with that defense. There is no reason to have a 38 y/o QB in there, who isn't going to be on team next year.
    You get you're rookie QB who you picked 6th overall in there. It will be better for the team next year.

I think week 7 versus Cardinals is when Jones should become the starter. Giants will be 2-4 at best.

NYYF Legend

I expected the defense to not be good. They got rid of all their solid/good veterans and have no pass rushers.

My point is, this team isn't going anywhere with that defense. There is no reason to have a 38 y/o QB in there, who isn't going to be on team next year.
    You get you're rookie QB who you picked 6th overall in there. It will be better for the team next year.

I think week 7 versus Cardinals is when Jones should become the starter. Giants will be 2-4 at best.
    How is the Giants O-line this year? If it's solid I would like to see Jones starting on the early side of my 6-10 game time line. If it's porous, I'd rather keep Jones on the bench then get him broken.

Thread Information