+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 78
  1. #26
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Surprised they let Lauletta and Conrad go. Feels like they are still holding last year against Lauletta; he seemed to play better than Tanney and have more room to grow. And, honestly, if this team makes it to their 3rd string QB, there’s not much hope for them. I hope they can somehow get Conrad for the taxi squad, but that seems like a risk.

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Of all the odd moves that the Giants have made under Gettleman/Shurmer I will never understand their fasination with Alex Tanney. He is on the wrong side of 30 have twice cut drafted QBs to keep him. Lauletta had completely outplayed Tanney. Unlike Webb I don’t think he makes it through waivers.

  3. #28
    I Hate Analytics SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045 View Post
    I wish we can just play him from the get go. Nobody wants to see washed up Eli.
    They're still apologizing to Eli.

  4. #29
    I Hate Analytics SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I think Daniel Jones will be a bonafide star.
    Next step is being able to read complex NFL defenses.

  5. #30
    NYYF Legend

    NyQuil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Western NY

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Just as an aside I wish the Giants would add some red piping to their numbers. I can't justify dropping $100 on a basic blue shirt with white numbers (yeah I know there are knockoffs from China).

    Something kind of like they wore in the late 80s. I'd be tempted to grab a Bavaro, Taylor, or Carson jersey from the NFL site but the only one they have in my size is Phil Simms.

  6. #31
    NYYF Triple Crown

    Vin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    I really want a $100 Barkley jersey but the price is holding me back a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    Just as an aside I wish the Giants would add some red piping to their numbers. I can't justify dropping $100 on a basic blue shirt with white numbers (yeah I know there are knockoffs from China).

    Something kind of like they wore in the late 80s. I'd be tempted to grab a Bavaro, Taylor, or Carson jersey from the NFL site but the only one they have in my size is Phil Simms.

  7. #32
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
    Just as an aside I wish the Giants would add some red piping to their numbers. I can't justify dropping $100 on a basic blue shirt with white numbers (yeah I know there are knockoffs from China).

    Something kind of like they wore in the late 80s. I'd be tempted to grab a Bavaro, Taylor, or Carson jersey from the NFL site but the only one they have in my size is Phil Simms.
    I loved the old road ones from like 2000 that had red white and blue. I have an old Toomer one from back then.

    I also have an Eli one from SB 46 that's pretty nice. Just white and red but still nice.

  8. #33
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    They're still apologizing to Eli.
    I have no problem with them going with Eli for 6-10 games this year and transitioning to Jones for the last 6-10 games. It's a lost season let Jones go through meetings, carry a clip board, run the scout team and then throw him at the end of the year.
    I'm terrified Gettleman will extend Eli though and that would be disaster. Sitting Jones isn't a terrible idea, extending Eli would be.

  9. #34
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I have no problem with them going with Eli for 6-10 games this year and transitioning to Jones for the last 6-10 games. It's a lost season let Jones go through meetings, carry a clip board, run the scout team and then throw him at the end of the year.
    I'm terrified Gettleman will extend Eli though and that would be disaster. Sitting Jones isn't a terrible idea, extending Eli would be.
    I'm on board with that split. Jones should get some games this year; it seems he should be able to handle it and the experience would be helpful for him. Unless they are somehow in the hunt for a playoff spot, it would be a waste of a year for him to be on the bench for all of 2019.

  10. #35

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Not sure how much he'll play Sunday, or how effectively, but Zeke is back for Dallas.


    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...year-extension

  11. #36

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    So far this pass rush sucks

  12. #37
    I Hate Analytics SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    So far this pass rush sucks
    Expected though.

  13. #38
    NYYF Legend

    Donnybaseball72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Proud Yankee fan in Red Sox Nation

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Fire Gettleman. This is his mess. You can not longer blame Jerry Reese.

  14. #39

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Fire Gettleman. This is his mess. You can not longer blame Jerry Reese.
    They will win a couple of the games coming up and everything will starting hyping them up. Mara doesnt care about moving forward, he just wants a quiet 6-10 with a few interesting losses.

  15. #40
    I Hate Analytics SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Gettleman and Shurmer aren't going anywhere unless DJ8 is a bust.

  16. #41
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    Gettleman and Shurmer aren't going anywhere unless DJ8 is a bust.
    Red Sox fired Dombrowski 11 months after their best season ever and winning the World Series while having the exact same team as last year less one over-valued closer her smartly didn't pay. Anything can happen.

  17. #42

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    So far this pass rush sucks
    Chase Young would look good on this defense!

  18. #43
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    so will we have a bad defense this year, will it be one if the worst defenses in the nfl, or will it be a historically bad defense?

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    so will we have a bad defense this year, will it be one if the worst defenses in the nfl, or will it be a historically bad defense?
    I donít know, but Prescott could have hit 500 in his sleep if he wanted.

  20. #45
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    I don’t know, but Prescott could have hit 500 in his sleep if he wanted.
    I didn't see the game but what I caugh on NFL Red Zone looked like a bunch of Dallas receivers running passing drills the defenders were so far away.

  21. #46
    I Hate Analytics SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    It's becoming obvious, at least to me, that Eli is here due to Mara. I'm pretty sure Gettleman/Shurmer rather have Jones in there. Shurmer especially cause he fits his system.

  22. #47
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    It's becoming obvious, at least to me, that Eli is here due to Mara. I'm pretty sure Gettleman/Shurmer rather have Jones in there. Shurmer especially cause he fits his system.
    I could be crazy but I think Dallas WR running wide open through the secondary was just a slightly larger problem than Eli.

    As I said a few post ago I'm fine with easing Jones in by having him sit somewhere between 6-10 game and then get him in to see what they have. They may win 5-8 games because they have a pretty cake schedule but no way this is a playoff team.

  23. #48
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I could be crazy but I think Dallas WR running wide open through the secondary was just a slightly larger problem than Eli.

    As I said a few post ago I'm fine with easing Jones in by having him sit somewhere between 6-10 game and then get him in to see what they have. They may win 5-8 games because they have a pretty cake schedule but no way this is a playoff team.
    The next few games will be telling. Dallas is clearly a better team than the Giants, and you don't want to draw too many conclusions from one game. But if they aren't competitive over the next few weeks, it will be interesting to see how they manage things.

  24. #49
    I Hate Analytics SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I could be crazy but I think Dallas WR running wide open through the secondary was just a slightly larger problem than Eli.

    As I said a few post ago I'm fine with easing Jones in by having him sit somewhere between 6-10 game and then get him in to see what they have. They may win 5-8 games because they have a pretty cake schedule but no way this is a playoff team.
    I expected the defense to not be good. They got rid of all their solid/good veterans and have no pass rushers.

    My point is, this team isn't going anywhere with that defense. There is no reason to have a 38 y/o QB in there, who isn't going to be on team next year.
    You get you're rookie QB who you picked 6th overall in there. It will be better for the team next year.

    I think week 7 versus Cardinals is when Jones should become the starter. Giants will be 2-4 at best.

  25. #50
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 New York Giants Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SLURPEE View Post
    I expected the defense to not be good. They got rid of all their solid/good veterans and have no pass rushers.

    My point is, this team isn't going anywhere with that defense. There is no reason to have a 38 y/o QB in there, who isn't going to be on team next year.
    You get you're rookie QB who you picked 6th overall in there. It will be better for the team next year.

    I think week 7 versus Cardinals is when Jones should become the starter. Giants will be 2-4 at best.
    How is the Giants O-line this year? If it's solid I would like to see Jones starting on the early side of my 6-10 game time line. If it's porous, I'd rather keep Jones on the bench then get him broken.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts