+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jasson Dominguez

A Dominican Mickey Mantle. Let the good times roll.

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Jasson Dominguez

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...rnational-coup

"But," one general manger who has seen him said, "he's like [Mike] Trout. And Trout wasn't close to this good when he was 16."

"But," an international scouting director who tried and failed to sign Dominguez said, "it's like Mickey Mantle. He's not 6-foot. He's a switch-hitter. He's got crazy power. He's fast as s---. He loves playing."

"But," another general manager said, "he's like -- what's that running back's name? The short, strong one? Maurice Jones-Drew. He's all muscle. But it's not stiff. He's twitchy. Can move in all directions."

NYYF Legend

Hot DAMN this is exciting. Please be real Jasson, please be real, please be real...
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Named after the legendary Jasson Giambi
    Let's Go Yankees!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    Named after the legendary Jasson Giambi
    Because his dad is an enormous Yankees fan!

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Hot DAMN this is exciting. Please be real Jasson, please be real, please be real...
    ďDominguez, two scouts said, has clocked around 6.3 seconds in the 60 yard dash. Thatís faster than Mo Hampton, arguably the best athlete in the MLB draft class of 2019 who decided to play cornerback at LSU this year.Ē

This is making up for the Knicks ................ FA

NYYF Legend

This is exactly my feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    This is exactly my feeling.
    Yeah like seriously, this is so exciting.

Does he become the Yankees top prospect right off the jump?

Second behind Deivi Garcia?

I think he's ahead of Florial.

Quote Originally Posted by HughesIsNasty View Post
    This is making up for the Knicks ................ FA

Oh, come on. I think Pills did a really, really good job in free agency and the draft; all of the contracts they gave out are two year deals and very, very tradeable. I'm giving their efforts an A-, but only because I gotta see Barrett play. Glad summer league starts friday.

I donít want to go too crazy about this kid, but . . .

Given his early physical maturation, there would be little surprise if Jasson follows in the footsteps of Trout and Mantle and is playing in the major leagues as a teenager.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post

Given his early physical maturation, there would be little surprise if Jasson follows in the footsteps of Trout and Mantle and is playing in the major leagues as a teenager.
    ...or catches a PED suspension before his first year is over.

I think there would be a lot of surprise. Iíd be thrilled if he worked his way to Trenton before turning 20.

NYYF Cy Young

I'm worried that he's achieved his age 25 body at age 16 and that's why he's clowning on his competition.
    Don't have a clue

Quote Originally Posted by Stache Fan View Post
    I'm worried that he's achieved his age 25 body at age 16 and that's why he's clowning on his competition.
    I think there’s a lot of guys you could say that about, starting with Trout.

But here’s the thing. When you look at things like his 60-yard speed and his exit velocity, he’s doing things that even 25-30 year olds don’t do. And even if you’re right about him having a 25 year old body at age 16, it means you’re going to have peak production from him at least 5 years earlier than you would otherwise have had, thereby lengthening his career and peak performance years. Frankly he sounds like baseball’s version of Lebron James or Zion Williamson.

This is something exciting to follow for sure. However, I think I remember Jesus Montero also being 16 when he was signed and he was a can't miss prospect. Basically though, he missed. Hope it goes better this time.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by CTyanks View Post
    Oh, come on. I think Pills did a really, really good job in free agency and the draft; all of the contracts they gave out are two year deals and very, very tradeable. I'm giving their efforts an A-, but only because I gotta see Barrett play. Glad summer league starts friday.
    Yeah, they've done a good job as a plan B. All 1+1 deals and a good prospect in Randle at 2+1. The only other thing I'd have liked to see is to trade cap space for picks, but their plan is most likely to move guys during the deadline for picks.

With that said, at least we have the Yankees.

This Dominguez kid better pan out. We'll need him to compete with the Rays once they have their farm guys up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    This is something exciting to follow for sure. However, I think I remember Jesus Montero also being 16 when he was signed and he was a can't miss prospect. Basically though, he missed. Hope it goes better this time.
    Yup, and Montero was compared to Manny Ramirez. Still exciting, but let's not go nuts yet.

NYYF Legend

Montero developed into a top-5 prospect in baseball and was traded straight up for one of the most desirable young starters in baseball. While he missed on his pro career, I would call that signing a very successful one. I'm obviously hoping for the grand slam with him, but if Jasson's career arc is similar to Montero's I won't be overly disappointed.

Montero developed into a top-5 prospect in baseball and was traded straight up for one of the most desirable young starters in baseball. While he missed on his pro career, I would call that signing a very successful one. I'm obviously hoping for the grand slam with him, but if Jasson's career arc is similar to Montero's I won't be overly disappointed.
    I will be disappointed. I like hype when it's warranted, and now I want Mickey Mantle or Mike Trout 2.0, not Jesus Montero 2.0.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I will be disappointed. I like hype when it's warranted, and now I want Mickey Mantle or Mike Trout 2.0, not Jesus Montero 2.0.
    I hope for that, too.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Triple Crown

...or catches a PED suspension before his first year is over.

I love the cynicism. I hope heís legit too.

NYYF Triple Crown

Jesse Sanchez

Verified account

@JesseSanchezMLB
    50s50 seconds ago
    More
    Source: #Yankees agree to a deal in $5 million range with outfielder Jasson Dominguez, #1 on @MLBPipelineís Top 30 Intíl Prospects list.

Yankees got Martian.

Thread Information