+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: 2019 Aaron Judge Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    You mean when the pitches are being lobbed in from in front of the pitchers mound. Not really the same thing.

judge launch angle has fallen the last 2 years he is more a ground ball hitter now.. his hands are not n the same position they use to he is not a power threat..

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nyyankeefan4life View Post
    judge launch angle has fallen the last 2 years he is more a ground ball hitter now.. his hands are not n the same position they use to he is not a power threat..
    If that is true why has no one told Judge about it. Judge got plenty of other hits when he was mashing 450 foot home runs.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    If that is true why has no one told Judge about it. Judge got plenty of other hits when he was mashing 450 foot home runs.

they mentioned that on yes last night those are the facts.. the fact that he has not pulled 1 home run all year tells you a lot about judge...

I think the injury is still bothering him. If that is not the problem, it has to be addressed. He is significantly under performing, even with plate discipline.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    I think the injury is still bothering him. If that is not the problem, it has to be addressed. He is significantly under performing, even with plate discipline.
    Probably an injury that won't be healed totally until after the season.

Despite all the criticism, he’s playing at the rate of about 8 WAR per 162 games. That’s still MVP level. We’re just spoiled.

NYYF Legend

Gardner got ejected for arguing ball in the strikes while in the dugout when Boone and Bard were the only ones who said anything. Chris Segal ejected Gardner without looking. Gardner came on the field, and he had hard work to restrain Gardner. I think Gardner would have made contact with the umpire if he could have. I'm posting that here because the ejection makes Judge lose his off day. Maybin moved from right to left, and Tauchman moved from right to center.

Edit: YES showed that a player did argue balls and strikes, but it was Maybin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    Despite all the criticism, he’s playing at the rate of about 8 WAR per 162 games. That’s still MVP level. We’re just spoiled.
    I'll take your word for it on that number, but it's hard to think of a more stark difference between what the stats say and what my eyes are seeing when I watch him. He looks like the worst hitter on the team, the guy you least want at the plate in a big spot, and it's not even close.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I'll take your word for it on that number, but it's hard to think of a more stark difference between what the stats say and what my eyes are seeing when I watch him. He looks like the worst hitter on the team, the guy you least want at the plate in a big spot, and it's not even close.
    ^^^This^^^

And I'm a 99 homer. He's been horrible. Either swings at a pitch a foot outside or watches one down the middle....

Hopefully he starts to get hot....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...…
    "Yankees are now a Fully Operational Dollar Store"

.880 OPS + elite defense. That number really shouldn’t be surprising

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    .880 OPS + elite defense. That number really shouldn’t be surprising
    I think part of the issue is that he was literally superhuman in 2017. Since then he has not been as good, but still has been outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    I think part of the issue is that he was literally superhuman in 2017. Since then he has not been as good, but still has been outstanding.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoyle View Post
    To be fair, in the last four weeks his OPS is “only” .785 (.385 OBP). That plus elite defense is still a very good player though.

unless judge finds himself and becomes the old aaron judge he is no longer a untouchable..

He will. Next year when he's 100%

Quote Originally Posted by BigYankeeUnit View Post
    He will. Next year when he's 100%
    His numbers are down over the past 4 weeks. Time to trade him.

785 OPS past 28 days...642 last 14.

He has been slumping, so your eyes are not telling you something false. But he'll get out of it

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    785 OPS past 28 days...642 last 14.

He has been slumping, so your eyes are not telling you something false. But he'll get out of it

judge slugging is under 500 he has not pulled a home run all year how is that even possible for any player with 10 or more home runs not to pull a home run even jeter pulled home runs on occasion.. clearly judge is suffering the ill effects from the oblique injury.. you won't see the real judge until next year...

The oblique not fully healthy. THat's what Beltran? said when the injury happened, he won't be right the rest of the season.

Addicted Member

judge slugging is under 500 he has not pulled a home run all year how is that even possible for any player with 10 or more home runs not to pull a home run even jeter pulled home runs on occasion.. clearly judge is suffering the ill effects from the oblique injury.. you won't see the real judge until next year...

It's possible that the problem is the oblique.
    It's possible that it's also merely a slump, albeit a prolonged slump.
    It's also possible that the League has developed counter-measures to the now-missing Judgean power.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    It's also possible that the League has developed counter-measures to the now-missing Judgean power.
    Probably just a slump. But prolonged? It’s like 17 games.

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    He is definitely grinding it out at this point - no way he's playing at 100%.
    That oblique injury isn't going to fully heal until the off-season. Carlos Beltran said as much.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    Probably just a slump. But prolonged? It’s like 17 games.

even when judge had that dreadful second half slump 2017 he on occasion would hit home runs many of them pulled bombs to left like the one at citi field and against the sox at the stadium he is incapable of pulling a home run right now..

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    He is definitely grinding it out at this point - no way he's playing at 100%.
    That oblique injury isn't going to fully heal until the off-season. Carlos Beltran said as much.
    Agree. Luckily no need to discuss an extension with him at this point. Hopefully 2020 he's healthy and can play 140+ games.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Come on man. It's almost the middle of August and he's not hit a HR into the LF seats all season. This isn't a punch and judy hitter. This is Rob freakin Gronkowski at the plate.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

NYYF Legend

even when judge had that dreadful second half slump 2017 he on occasion would hit home runs many of them pulled bombs to left like the one at citi field and against the sox at the stadium he is incapable of pulling a home run right now..
    So true. Which is why I think this is not a slump situation.

Thread Information