+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Wants 2 be your latex salesman

Re: Let's Go Islanders! 2019--2020!

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I thought Sorokin was undecided about leaving the KHL?
    I don't know, I've just heard he has tentatively decided to come. Note "tentatively" so could always decide not to, nothing is signed. His KHL deal is expiring this year.
    Finalist in "Summarize Proust" competition, lost to the girl with the biggest ---

Off topic, but the renderings of the Belmont Park Arena look pretty sweet.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I don't know, I've just heard he has tentatively decided to come. Note "tentatively" so could always decide not to, nothing is signed. His KHL deal is expiring this year.
    What I always heard was he was undecided what he would do when his current KHL deal ends. He could just decide to stay in the KHL.

What I always heard was he was undecided what he would do when his current KHL deal ends. He could just decide to stay in the KHL.
    I'm not going to go back and forth with you on the meaning of "tentatively." Yes, he very well could decide to stay in the KHL when all is said and done.

My initial point was that his close friendship with Varlamov may have been a peripheral consideration in the Islanders signing Semyon. I still think that's quite possible.

Related somewhat, it looks like Linus Soderstrom is finally playing over here (Worcester) after being injured all last year.

Another great win tonight. 8!
    Finalist in "Summarize Proust" competition, lost to the girl with the biggest ---

NYYF Legend

Valo with the shutout and the streak up to 9 games! Longest winning streak since the Isles also won 9 consecutive games during the 1989-90 season.

NYYF Legend

Islanders return to Brooklyn and win their 10th consecutive game! Nice loud crowd at Barclays tonight too. Isles currently have the third best record in the league!

Scoring your first NHL goal on a penalty shot must be kind of cool.

NYYF Legend

Scoring your first NHL goal on a penalty shot must be kind of cool.
    Only the 7th NHL player ever to do it.

I guess there's no such thing as a "good way" for a winning streak to end, but last night was uggggh-worthy. Snow/Capuano-like.

NYYF Legend

Bad loss Thursday but back on the winning track today.

NYYF Legend

15 straight games without a regulation loss with an amazing comeback from 2 goals (twice!) and then a sweet OT winner by Nelson. Tomorrow the Islanders can set a team record with 16 games with a point/no regulation loss). To put this into perspective the 81-82 team won 15 straight, all in regulation since there was no OT, but finally lost in the 16th game in regulation. To the same team, Pittsburgh. Hopefully history does not repeat itself.

For the record the 81-82 streak if 15 straight wins will still be a team record for wins in a row.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    15 straight games without a regulation loss with an amazing comeback from 2 goals (twice!) and then a sweet OT winner by Nelson. Tomorrow the Islanders can set a team record with 16 games with a point/no regulation loss). To put this into perspective the 81-82 team won 15 straight, all in regulation since there was no OT, but finally lost in the 16th game in regulation. To the same team, Pittsburgh. Hopefully history does not repeat itself.

For the record the 81-82 streak if 15 straight wins will still be a team record for wins in a row.
    I believe the 81-82 team needed a late goal to get the 15th game as well.

NYYF Legend

I believe the 81-82 team needed a late goal to get the 15th game as well.
    Yes, Tonelli scored with around 2 minutes to go. Arbour was asked after the game if he considered pulling the goaltender with a minute to go had the game still been tied. He just smiled but said nothing.

NYYF Legend

It's the 5th time the Islanders have got at least one point in 15 consecutive games. The Dynasty teams did it 4 times. By the way the Islanders became the first NHL team in history to trail in 2 consecutive games by multiple goals with 7 minutes to go and come back to win the games.

NYYF Legend

Those 15 consecutive wins by the Islandera is still the record for the pre OT era. When the Penquins broke the record during the 92-93 season they won two games in OT. Only won 12 consecutive games in regulation.

Yes, Tonelli scored with around 2 minutes to go. Arbour was asked after the game if he considered pulling the goaltender with a minute to go had the game still been tied. He just smiled but said nothing.
    Off Chico Resch of all people, right? I believe they were playing the old Colorado Rockies.

It's the 5th time the Islanders have got at least one point in 15 consecutive games. The Dynasty teams did it 4 times. By the way the Islanders became the first NHL team in history to trail in 2 consecutive games by multiple goals with 7 minutes to go and come back to win the games.
    That's a shocking stat. You would have thought it happened at least once before.

NYYF Legend

Off Chico Resch of all people, right? I believe they were playing the old Colorado Rockies.

That's a shocking stat. You would have thought it happened at least once before.
    Really no. Would have been much harder to do in the pre OT era. Under those rules both these Isles games would have ended as ties.

Sixteen!

NYYF Legend

16 game point streak. New franchise record. Win 15 out of 16 games. Sure fun to be an Islander's fan. Best hockey team in the NYC area by far!

NYYF Legend

If it hasn't been said enough I want to thank Barry Trotz for being the Head Coach of the Islanders and also for just being an overall great guy and class act. They way he is poised and how he communicates with the media and the players is something we're not used to seeing as Islanders fans.

Bellows!

NYYF Legend

About time a forward from Bridgeport produced right away.

Feels like Lou canít afford to sit on his ass this deadline.

NYYF Legend

Lou makes his first trade in 19 months getting Greene from the Devils. Should help the defense.

Sure could use a scorer.

Thread Information