+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 184 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 181 182 183 184
Results 4,576 to 4,589 of 4589

Re: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread

Don't look now, but the pitcher who has performed the best since the trade deadline passed is Mike Minor!

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    Don't look now, but the pitcher who has performed the best since the trade deadline passed is Mike Minor!
    Luckily the Yankees have had 3(?) starts with 6IP and 3 or less runs since then so that built in discipline is really paying dividends.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    He’s on the 25 man now so guess we’ll find out if Ca$hman found a diamond in the rough.
    Last time he pitched in the majors, he had an ERA+ of 29. Literally, I don't think I've ever seen one that low.

Granted it was a massive sample size of 2.2IP, still kind of funny.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    The other thing not talked about that I did NOT understand is why is we traded Joe Harvey (who did an OK job) for a high A lefty (I don't know his name) for the future when I felt we needed pitching NOW.
    The Harvey trade was a roster cleanup issue - the Yankees did not see Harvey being part of the team going forward, so they traded him, opening a 40-man roster spot, for someone who did not need to be added this off-season.

Had the Yankees kept him, he would have almost certainly been DFA'd either during the season or afterwards when they need to add other players to the 40-man.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Last time he pitched in the majors, he had an ERA+ of 29. Literally, I don't think I've ever seen one that low.

Granted it was a massive sample size of 2.2IP, still kind of funny.
    I've seen worse but like you said it's usually a tiny sample of like 1 inning or something so as to not have much meaning.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    That’s no minor feat!

Yeah, that was cheesy - couldn’t help myself
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    The Harvey trade was a roster cleanup issue - the Yankees did not see Harvey being part of the team going forward, so they traded him, opening a 40-man roster spot, for someone who did not need to be added this off-season.

Had the Yankees kept him, he would have almost certainly been DFA'd either during the season or afterwards when they need to add other players to the 40-man.
    Thank you for the answer. I know we do make trade to clean spots and having someone not needed in off season roster. I checked he had 3 options to be sent down and agree he was not part of the plan moving forward (this is why Brian traded him for a high A lefty but I wanted a RP now). I see Mantply, Lail, Adams, Cessa (not a fan of Cortes coming in high leverage situations) on the active roster. I thought Joe Harvey and David Hale (IL) did their job this year and maybe better pitchers that what I listed above even if they will not be on the team next year. We will see (probably someone tonight like Cessa this afternoon) because I know Brian has a plan. Thanks again.

You are right. Day later: Mantply was DFAed! So what a week: traded pass the deadline, put on SWB roster (don't know if he pitched), put on the active roster (and 40 man), pitched 3 innings in 2nd game (not bad and Boone let him pitch that 3rd inning) got sent down SWB, read he was DFAed today. unreal. Probably a roster move.

FYI. A Joe Harvey move, too. The 26-year-old Camarena was added to the 40-man roster by the Yankees in July, but he never got a callup, and now the Yankees need his spot. If he clears waivers, he could be re-signed to a minor league contract.

I wish Joe Harvey the best.

(think they are looking for another opener to go with Chad)

thanks again for the answer
    Last edited by bucky; 08-13-19 at 04:45 PM.

Wink Re: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    As someone who likes Stanton and thought he had a pretty good 2018 especially with a new team in a new league, maybe we should trade him and continue with the kids.
    And who would be the brainiac G.M. who would want Stanton who whiffs at the most important at bats hits homers when the game is lost or a laugher and at the point of breaking down to the point of losing this season almost entirely ? AND is STILL owed twenty six gazzillian dollars for the coming 8 years

Wink Re: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    Anyone do this deal?

Stanton, Lasognia (sp?), bird for Max

DC gets their Harper replacement
    how much do the Yankees pay of Stanton's contract with the trade my guess is 70 million just to be rid of him. Which I'm sure they by now realize was a big mistake . Bird is another pariah .Only upside would be the young Loaisiga WHO HAS A LOT OF POTENTIAL .......... NO WAY that deal is made. I only wish

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by milktoast View Post
    how much do the Yankees pay of Stanton's contract with the trade my guess is 70 million just to be rid of him. Which I'm sure they by now realize was a big mistake . Bird is another pariah .Only upside would be the young Loaisiga WHO HAS A LOT OF POTENTIAL .......... NO WAY that deal is made. I only wish
    I like Stanton. But that aside he has a full no trade clause. He is not going anywhere unless maybe if the Dodgers called but that is not happening .

NYYF Legend

And who would be the brainiac G.M. who would want Stanton who whiffs at the most important at bats hits homers when the game is lost or a laugher and at the point of breaking down to the point of losing this season almost entirely ? AND is STILL owed twenty six gazzillian dollars for the coming 8 years
    Good job replying to post made in May.
    Just win!

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Good job replying to post made in May.
    Some people suffer from slow internets.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Some people suffer from slow internets.
    Dial up is slow, that might be pony express upload speeds.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Stanton isn't going anywhere. Ever...

Thread Information