+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 184 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

2019 Trade Deadline Thread

If we get Judge, Stanton, Severino, Didi, etc back from the IL this summer, it may mitigate some of the urgency normally felt at the trade deadline. So it should be interesting to see what moves Cashman will make. Whom should he target? Besides the starting rotation, what aspects of the team can benefit from this trade deadline? Looking forward to seeing what happens...
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

Re: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread

Starting Pitcher

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Starting Pitcher
    This is the ONLY thing he should be targeting.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Wonder how the elimination of waiver trades after 7/31 will affect the TDL this year
    Assistant to the Manager
    Analytical Department of Analytics

NYYF Triple Crown

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...er/3765220002/

Clint Frazier, OF, New York Yankees
    Frazier has been part of Yankees kiddie corps. He finally is living up to the promise that made him the fifth pick in the 2013 draft. Yet, with outfielder Aaron Hicks back from the injured list, and outfielders Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton on their way, there may be no place for him. His best value may be on the trade market where the Yankees can flip him for a starting pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post

Frazier has been part of Yankees kiddie corps. He finally is living up to the promise that made him the fifth pick in the 2013 draft. Yet, with outfielder Aaron Hicks back from the injured list, and outfielders Aaron Judge and Giancarlo Stanton on their way, there may be no place for him. His best value may be on the trade market where the Yankees can flip him for a starting pitcher.

I am not adverse to that.. the problem is the pitcher we get..
    Obviously MadBum seems to be on everyone's minds, but I am not sure about him. His ERA is 4.21 in the NL and in a pitcher's park. His WHIP and BAA are not spectacular, and he has given up 9 homers in just over 60 IP. In short, he is pitching "ok" but not great. Now while I think, given our injury situation, even an "OK" mid rotation guy would have value, I am not interested in trading a guy like Frazier for that. Add to the fact that he put the Yankees on his NTC list, it means he is using that as leverage to get a contract.

In short, the Giants are going to look for a very nice package in terms of talent, he is an icon there, and the player himself is going to want $$$. I'm a no on that.. Of course, there is the Verlander possibility, where he simply gets reinvigorated going to a real team and returns to ace form, but even with Verlander, there was virtually no cost other than money.. I am just not sold that MadBum is worth it..

I'd listen if the Indians put their guys out there, but I still think the Twins will come back to earth and the Indians will feel they have a shot. The Mets would not deal with us unless we handed them Judge and Torres for Jason Vargas, so forget them. I actually think the best target is to see the Nationals fall off the wagon and get Scherzer. But have you seen the contract and deferred money on that guy? UGHHH.. But it might be the best option..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Mixed feelings about moving Frazier at this point. The conflict I feel about this particular trade deadline is trading away the depth pieces that have enabled this team to not only thrive but excel when we've lost so many of our front line players. Not confident about when to expect Judge and Stanton to return, let alone be completely healthy when they do. Frazier has flashed the kind of offensive skills he's been touted for, so it kind of feels like shooting yourself in the foot if we continue to need the kind of OF depth we've needed all season. But that's just me. Looking at Cashman, I'm not sure he would deal Frazier at this point. I see him more making one of his under the radar, stealth moves to acquire SP help we may not be thinking of, and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle.

NYYF Triple Crown

IMG_2390 (1).jpg

I doubt this will happen.

NYYF Triple Crown

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/clin...g-expectations

Frazier joined “Joe and Evan” on WFAN on Thursday to talk about his performances and the Yankees’ recent ascent to the top of the division. Frazier also spoke about how he deals with his name often being involved in trade rumors.

“It doesn’t affect me. I think people are just bored,” Frazier said. “I think people just continue to use my name for some clickbait because they’re trying to get some views on a story. The narrative here has been that I’m kind of the wild child, the guy that people think is going against the grain at all times. That’s not me … It is kind of annoying that people have turned me into … the guy that’s supposed to get traded every time. I’m still here and I’m looking forward to being here for a long time if I get that opportunity.”

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Attachment 23471

I also don't see the Nationals trading Scherzer for three players on the 60-day DL. Huge risk on their side that these players would return to their former glory (except maybe Bird, whose former glory is missing these days).
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Just heard Stanton has a calf issue now.
    Who knows when he will be back.

Attachment 23471

Can you trade someone on the IL?
    "Show me what you got!" Big head from "Rick and Morty"

As someone who likes Stanton and thought he had a pretty good 2018 especially with a new team in a new league, maybe we should trade him and continue with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYFAN View Post
    Can you trade someone on the IL?
    Yes, Fowler was traded while still recovering from that awful knee injury.
    Assistant to the Manager
    Analytical Department of Analytics

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Yes, Fowler was traded while still recovering from that awful knee injury.
    The question with an injury like Andujar's is how another team will value him given the injury and the chance he doesn't return with the same skill set; you would certainly not be selling high

Attachment 23471

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I also don't see the Nationals trading Scherzer for three players on the 60-day DL. Huge risk on their side that these players would return to their former glory (except maybe Bird, whose former glory is missing these days).

Attachment 23471

Scherzer is making $30M a year. He's a great player, but his trade value isn't that high. You're basically paying him, maybe, 10% under fair market value. They're not getting the RoY runner up, a top cost controlled player, a good cost controlled pitcher and Bird for that, even they're on the DL. That's an insanely imbalanced deal. That would be fair it Scherzer was 30, not 34, and was making $12-15M/yr or something.

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    The question with an injury like Andujar's is how another team will value him given the injury and the chance he doesn't return with the same skill set; you would certainly not be selling high
    He's a hitter, not a pitcher. I doubt they're worried about performance when he gets back- but he's obviously worthless this year.
    Bird is worthless
    Frazier is increasing by the day and very high IMO
    Lasognia (sp?) has good value if not for his injury too. He's young, has a lot upside and a lot of team control. I think he's a low end #2, high end #3 when healthy, but obviously is giving him that value with a shoulder injury.

Andujar, Bird and Loaisiga make sense to trade to the Nationals, seeing how they're not in it this year, at all. But for a TOR pitcher making TOR money doesn't make sense.

NYYF Legend

I make that Scherzer deal in a HEARTBEAT. Holy cow, I don't even hesitate. That's the easiest "yes" on a trade concept put forth by the media centered around an established star coming to NYY in as long as I can remember.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Anyone do this deal?

Stanton, Lasognia (sp?), bird for Max

DC gets their Harper replacement

Anyone do this deal?

Absolutely. And I really like Stanton. He's overpaid a little. Scherzer is underpaid a little and on a shorter contract. Bird is worthless. Lasognia is a middle of the rotation pitcher on the 60DL with shoulder problems. Zero chance that deal gets through.

NYYF Legend

Anyone do this deal?

If this were the Miami version of Stanton, this deal might have simply been even up Stanton for Max. Kind of disappointing to have to pad it now.

Richmond Virginians

Anyone do this deal?

I like Stanton more than a lot of Yankee fans do, but hell yes I do this deal in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by dpbddd99 View Post
    He a true stud. In the past many questioned if he could handle NY.

NYYF HOF

He a true stud. In the past many questioned if he could handle NY.
    I still question if he has it.

My vote is YES on Max and NO on Grienke

Didn't realize that Scherzer is throwing as hard as ever, thought with his higher era this year that his stuff was diminished. Count me in on him. He has lights out stuff, and like Josh Beckett in 03, he can go out and dominate a series just on stuff alone.

I don't want soft tossers, I don't care how good Greinke has been. They have to throw the perfect pitch every time out. I think Max at 34 can rejuvenate his career like Verlander, their situation is eerily similar.

Thread Information