+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2083
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jeter99 View Post
    I would jump on that. I'm just hoping they don't demand Gleyber plus...
    Cashman would hang up on anybody asking for Gleyber. Dude's a stud.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

I like Luis Castillo very much. No, not that one, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    I'm sorry, but Charlie Morton does not constitute dumpster diving. The Astros (imo, rightfully) erred on the side of letting a player go a year too early than too late. Seeing things from their perspective, they're in a position where they will need to shell out many millions to several of their own players. Remember, they're the shining example of a team who tanked for draft picks, and it's paying off in spades.

FA signing not a trade huge difference. in that the Rays would have to part with talent and they really do not like to give guys up. I clearly said in a trade around the deadline the Rays are not!! going to give up big prospects for a stroman who will be gone from them in a year no way no how.,

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    Castillo will cost the whole farm if he was moved and he is most definitely not being moved.
    No offense but you don't know this, unless you have some kind of source. The Yankees have a ton of talent that they could use to entice the reds to consider trading him. I would expect the cost to be a lot, but not the "whole farm".

Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    I'm not sure if that source is reliable, but Castillo would at least cost both Deivi and Frazier, with possibly Florial on top of that.
    If the reds said, We want Frazier, Deivi, Estrada and another lower level prospect - I would do that in a heartbeat

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    FA signing not a trade huge difference. in that the Rays would have to part with talent and they really do not like to give guys up. I clearly said in a trade around the deadline the Rays are not!! going to give up big prospects for a stroman who will be gone from them in a year no way no how.,
    Yeah, but trading for lesser known prospects isn't dumpster diving. Dumpster diving is trading for a reclamation project, or signing an older FA who, with a few adjustments they feel may have some gas left in the tank.

The Rays make trades all the time. They also have a top 5 farm system (again). I could see them pulling the trigger on Stroman (they'd pick up his arb next year) to keep him out of NY. That'd give them a big four of Snell, Glasnow, Morton and Stroman.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    No offense but you don't know this, unless you have some kind of source. The Yankees have a ton of talent that they could use to entice the reds to consider trading him. I would expect the cost to be a lot, but not the "whole farm".
    Leading the league in walks isn't exactly an endearing trait to possess, either.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    If the reds said, We want Frazier, Deivi, Estrada and another lower level prospect - I would do that in a heartbeat
    I wouldn't. Deivi Garcia is the only untouchable in the farm IMO.

Not counting Jasson Dominguez who hasn't been signed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    I have no source, but this is self explanatory. Reds are finally coming out of a rebuild and are trying to compete soon. They aren't moving their young "ace", one of the rarest commodities in baseball, with 4 years of control.

If for some reason they did, it would cost nothing short of two to three top prospects. Obviously i didn't mean every single prospect from our farm system has to go when I said "whole farm". Yankees would be outbid by other teams if he hits the market unless you think Gleyber is available.

The rumor is horsecrap, if you want to entertain it, go ahead. Not happening like Noah to Yankees was close in the offseason.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    Why is he definitely not being moved?
    Ask Reds fans, who have been dwelling near the bottom of that division since 2014.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyMike's View Post
    I want Bumgarner or Scherzer but my gut says we will end up with Stroman.

I tend to agree. It seems utterly out of the question that Cash would give up all that's needed to get Scherzer. As for MadBum, my impression is that he's Yesterday's Man. I don't follow the NL much, and I may be entirely wrong about him.

Stroman hasn't proven himself what we would call an "ace." Although he's not without merit, including something like half-a-dozen post-season appearances, it's doubtful we'll hear a collective cheer around here if he turns out to be the guy. Personally, I think it will be a mistake to deal Frazier and simply irrational to give up Deivi.

Really, what the Yankees need is consistently good pitching from Tanaka and Pax--and the return of a first-half-of-2018 Severino. (Am I the only one who thinks we are unlikely to see the latter this season?)

At the moment, the Yankees are unlikely to win a WS against the Dodgers. Hell, it might be 1963 all over again if they have to face that pitching staff. But, as I say, I never watch NL games, and maybe their staff numbers are in some way illusory.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    At the moment, the Yankees are unlikely to win a WS against the Dodgers. Hell, it might be 1963 all over again if they have to face that pitching staff. But, as I say, I never watch NL games, and maybe their staff numbers are in some way illusory.
    I'd be salivating to watch this lineup face the post-season version of Kershaw.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

I wonder who would cost more in prospects, Castillo or Scherzer?
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Postseason versions of Price and Sale arent too much better...
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Postseason versions of Price and Sale arent too much better...
    I wouldn't bank on history. These guys are among the best pitchers in the game. They need to be played as if they are the aces they are.

I'm sure you both are smart enough to know that, but I see way too much of people counting on it like it's a given. And it damn well isn't. As much as I'd love it to be.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Addicted Member

But what if the post-season of Kershaw. . .didn't show up, but the regular season version did?

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    But what if the post-season of Kershaw. . .didn't show up, but the regular season version did?
    What if the regular season version of just about every guy in the Yankees' lineup showed up too? Of whom eight or even all nine will be right-handed?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by Murcer and Munson View Post
    Those who are comparing Bumgarner to Verlander when he was acquired by the Astros must take into account two key points. Bumgarner will be changing leagues as well as facing a DH on a regular basis.
    I'm not worried about those factors, but the one I'd draw attention to in this comp is... Verlander had already had a resurgence in Detroit prior to being dealt to the Astros, whereas at the moment if anything Bumgarner is trending unfavorably.

I'd be totally down with a Bumgarner acquisition, but ONLY priced as a struggling SP rental. If SFG wants and thinks they can get more for him, or stubbornly holds on to him due to his "franchise fan appeal", happy trails.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakimobzta View Post
    I have no source, but this is self explanatory. Reds are finally coming out of a rebuild and are trying to compete soon. They aren't moving their young "ace", one of the rarest commodities in baseball, with 4 years of control.

If for some reason they did, it would cost nothing short of two to three top prospects. Obviously i didn't mean every single prospect from our farm system has to go when I said "whole farm". Yankees would be outbid by other teams if he hits the market unless you think Gleyber is available.

The rumor is horsecrap, if you want to entertain it, go ahead. Not happening like Noah to Yankees was close in the offseason.
    Agreed nice to dream on but maybe only slightly more realistic than Scherzer, so close to no chance. Worth chasing, but be prepared for that trade to hurt if thereís any chance. So scrap the term untouchable from your vocabulary especially for anyone thatís not in the majors now.

NYYF Triple Crown

@granthpaulsen
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    Max Scherzer's last 7 starts for the #Nats

7IP, 1ER, 10K
    7IP, 0ER, 10K
    7IP, 2ER, 10K
    7IP, 0ER, 9K
    8IP, 1ER, 15K
    6IP, 1ER, 6K
    6IP, 0ER, 9K

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    I wonder who would cost more in prospects, Castillo or Scherzer?
    Castillo is an ace pitcher with 4 years of cost control left. Scherzer is an ace pitcher with an ace contract.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Castillo is an ace pitcher with 4 years of cost control left. Scherzer is an ace pitcher with an ace contract.
    One is a proven ace. One is not.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    One is a proven ace. One is not.
    One is 34 the other is 26.

Chapman for three months netted us Gleyber Torres, I can only imagine what Scherzer would net the Nats should they decide to trade him.

Some of these teams need to start losing.

Nationals are 3 games out of the Wild Card... the first wild card

Dbacks are 2 games out of the Wild Card

Even the Mets are only 4.5 games out

It will be interesting to see who ends up being a seller.

Right now, the only teams that are definitely sellers are the Mariners, Blue Jays, Tigers, Royals, Orioles, Giants, and Marlins. Everyone else is within 4.5 games of a wild card spot except the White Sox who don't seem interested in selling since they are on the rise.

Thread Information