+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

NYYFans FB League - 2019 Week 9 - My Personal Life is a Noine, my FantBball life, a 2

Week 9 Schedule of Games:

Michigan Wolverines (4-4) @ Buckeye Nation (3-5)
    Evil Empire (5-3) @ Rookie Mistakes (2-6)
    Romanian Yankees (1-7) @ Carolina Force (4-4)
    Larrupin' Lou's (5-3) @ Babe's Blasts (5-3)
    Judgement Day (5-3) @ The Lumberjacks (5-3)
    Planet Express (4-4) @ Those Hobbled Men (4-4)
    HobokenSquatCobblers (2-6) @ Guys with Wood (6-2)
    The Best Team (1-7) @ Powerplant (3-5)
    Formal Ferrets (6-2) @ Mrs. Bill and Sluggo (7-1)
    Ligers (5-3) @ Miko's Marauders (3-5)
    Just win!

NYYF Legend

Re: NYYFans FB League - 2019 Week 9 - My Personal Life is a Noine, my FantBball life,

On paper the matchup between the Ferrets and MB&S is the marquee game of the week. In practice it's one of the two best teams in the league hosting the luckiest.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Cy Young

Re: NYYFans FB League - 2019 Week 9 - My Personal Life is a Noine, my FantBball life,

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post
    On paper the matchup between the Ferrets and MB&S is the marquee game of the week. In practice it's one of the two best teams in the league hosting the luckiest.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania
    I’m on the Ferrets this week! Informally though!
    Need a win from you guys!!

NYYF Cy Young

Who’s Chad Green?

NYYF HOF

Ugh, going to get crushed again. Eff.

NYYF Legend

This could be a first in our league...

Rookie Mistakes has a two start pitcher going this week and only 3 starts total.

NYYF Legend

Help me, Austin Riley, you're my only hope.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Kicking the Grim Reaper's Ass Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Battle for First Place in the Gehrig Division this week.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Saxmania View Post
    Help me, Austin Riley, you're my only hope.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Kid looks like Troy Glaus

Why does Rookie Mistakes only have 1 point in our matchup? I'm almost certain that there was scoring Monday and Tuesday for him. I can't see his entire team having 0 with Dexter Fowler having 1 point for a BB. Is the team getting a big fat zero overall for having an illegal roster?

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

And a point total of -15.5 as a team on Wednesday.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    This could be a first in our league...

Rookie Mistakes has a two start pitcher going this week and only 3 starts total.

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Why does Rookie Mistakes only have 1 point in our matchup? I'm almost certain that there was scoring Monday and Tuesday for him. I can't see his entire team having 0 with Dexter Fowler having 1 point for a BB. Is the team getting a big fat zero overall for having an illegal roster?
    Their SP are a combined -22.5

Quote Originally Posted by Stupid Flanders View Post
    Their SP are a combined -22.5
    yes, today. But this morning every player was at 0. Just look at the numbers. Their score for today is identical to the weekly score. Across the board.

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

This is really odd.

Ok so his roster is illegal, that's why. He has 2 extra reserve players. Looks like he dropped two of them - Rio Ruiz and Kevin Kiermaier - too late. I'll fix it.

2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar

Yet another......wait for it......Rookie Mistake!

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

I have no chance to beat the Woodies - but none of my players seem to be actually playing. What a lost season.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    I have no chance to beat the Woodies - but none of my players seem to be actually playing. What a lost season.
    I am trying to pull away. Should be a fun weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by gdn View Post
    Ok so his roster is illegal, that's why. He has 2 extra reserve players. Looks like he dropped two of them - Rio Ruiz and Kevin Kiermaier - too late. I'll fix it.
    If you want toss in his benched start. Just so his point total stays somewhat competitive. I don't want the points in the league to get warped.

NYYF Cy Young

Nice pitching day for Hoboken so far

NYYF Legend

Romanian yanks won’t go away. Need this game

NYYF Legend

It's a Holiday Weekend, where we celebrate buying cars and mattresses and furniture and military looking MLB uniforms & all kinds of stuff. Oh and maybe even celebrate those who gave their lives for this Country if the shopping doesn't get in the way... And it's Saturday so there's this need to find out how things are going in the league so far this week (in red):

Michigan Wolverines (4-4) @ Buckeye Nation (3-5)
    One team tries to get over .500 the other tries to get to .500. The Wolvies with their continued lineup of ill-repute leads by probably enough to reach their goal. The lead is 54, the PSRs are no factor at 1-1.

Team Leaders:
    MW: Anthony (look who woke up) Rizzo - 40
    BN: Max (Factor) Kepler 37

Evil Empire (5-3) @ Rookie Mistakes (2-6)

Evil Empire wins.
    Team Leaders:
    EE: Mike (Major) Minor 22.5
    RM: Brian (Mr) Anderson 26.5

Romanian Yankees (1-7) @ Carolina Force (4-4)

Despite the post above, the Force is handily in the driver's seat in this dog show. Their 251.5 points leads the league at this point and their 65 pt lead is not hard to take. The RoYals do have a 4-3 PSR mighty edge tho, so... look out.
    Team Leaders:
    RY: Lucas (Skywalkeras) Giolito (gelato) 45.5
    CF: Mike Soroka 33.5

Larrupin' Lou's (5-3) @ Babe's Blasts (5-3)

The Lou's are in the lead here, by a 43.5 pt margin. The Blast is pinning their hopes of a comeback on their 4-3 PSR advantage.
    Team Leaders:
    LL: Anthony RenDon 25.5
    BB: Rowdy (the Piper) Tellez 23.5

Judgement Day (5-3) @ The Lumberjacks (5-3)

In another battle of 5-3 teams the home team Jacks are up by 34.5. In another episode of Pitching Suck this Year... negative pitching is affecting this one. So the JudDay's 3-2 PSR ad may mean nothing or everything or,,,, nothing. Or something. Don't ask me. I have no idea how to play Fantasy Baseball this sucky season. Oh. Sorry. A little unnecessary rant there. I'm ok now. After this report I'll just calm down by watching some Memorial Day Sale commercials on the Television Set.

Sorry, again.
    Team Leaders:
    JD: Jose (Twin Triplet Quadruple) Quintana 20
    L: Gleyber (the rested) Torres 29 (Oh yeah and Verlander's 36)

Planet Express (4-4) @ Those Hobbled Men (4-4)

Long Names lead is a phenomenal 113.5 points (no typo there). The visiting Express may have sent half their team to the wrong planet. Anyway the Exp's 3-1 PSR ad will probably not be of assistance to the cause of the Express here.
    Team Leaders:
    PE: Tommy (the) Pham(tastic) 21
    THM: Juan(fire) Soto (enters the season with flair) 31.5

HobokenSquatCobblers (2-6) @ Guys with Wood (6-2)

Ahh, it's Hoboken time. I'ma let you all in on a little secret. The Hoboken Team is one of my top 20 favorite Fantasy Teams in this league this season. I can't get enough of them. But they losin' again. The Wood who are human lead by 44.5. PSRs are knotted at 3.
    Prolly gonna be 2-7 and 7-2 after this weekend.
    Team Leaders:
    H: Renato Nunez (biznez) 34
    GW: German Marquez (deSade) 33.5

The Best Team (1-7) @ Powerplant (3-5)

Planters has the upper hand here. A 38.5 lead and 2-1 in PSRs. Can the Best Little Team get a break? Maybe there'll be a lot of Plant rainouts.
    Team Leaders:
    tBT: Mike Foltynwicz (finally has a good game) 25.5
    P: Kraken (the rested) Sanchez 28

Formal Ferrets (6-2) @ Mrs. Bill and Sluggo (7-1)

In the matchup of the week... 6-2 vs 7-1. The fight of the century. The powerful duo go at it in earnest. Two high scoring behemoths grapple to see who deserve greatness.

Ugh, what a dud. The lowest scoring game of the week. Sluggo leads by 53.5 but only because the Ferrets haven't hardly even scored yet.

Disappointing. So, darn disappointing.

Maybe things will heat up. Hope abounds.
    Team Leaders:
    FF: Austin (Texas) Riley 21.5
    MBS: Wilson (the volleyball) Ramos 21.5 (Max also has 21.5 for those keeping score at home)

Ligers (5-3) @ Miko's Marauders (3-5)

The Ligers lead by 21 in the closest contest of the week. Of course. MikoMiko will forge ahead at sometime this weekend and leave the Ligers reeling with a second loss in a row. Dammit.
    Team Leaders:
    L: Dansby (the Magnificent) Swanson 30
    M: Toy Story (Part 7) 25

That's it. I'm done. My mood was bad, now it's worse. Go buy a car or something.
    Just win!

Buying cars is why I dread Memorial Day. I work for printing company/ad agency and the Memorial Day sales just destroy the three weeks prior for me. Both digital and printing. 14 hour days, weekends. Today is the first day I’ve actually been fully relaxed in a very long time.

Thanks for the update John. It’s a tight one here against your son.

2013 NYYFans Fantasy Champ miko's Avatar

I have been busy building a nice tinder bundle for the firesale that is about to take place.

Thread Information