+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

Re: NYYFans FB League - 2019 Week 9 - My Personal Life is a Noine, my FantBball life,

Quote Originally Posted by miko View Post
    I have been busy building a nice tinder bundle for the firesale that is about to take place.
    Hello

NYYF Legend

Re: NYYFans FB League - 2019 Week 9 - My Personal Life is a Noine, my FantBball life,

It's a Holiday Weekend, where we celebrate buying cars and mattresses and furniture and military looking MLB uniforms & all kinds of stuff. Oh and maybe even celebrate those who gave their lives for this Country if the shopping doesn't get in the way... And it's Saturday so there's this need to find out how things are going in the league so far this week (in red):

Sunday Sunday... Prediction time and it's gonna be easy this week (in blue):

Michigan Wolverines (4-4) @ Buckeye Nation (3-5)
    One team tries to get over .500 the other tries to get to .500. The Wolvies with their continued lineup of ill-repute leads by probably enough to reach their goal. The lead is 54, the PSRs are no factor at 1-1.

Team Leaders:
    MW: Anthony (look who woke up) Rizzo - 40
    BN: Max (Factor) Kepler 37

Wolvies 70.5 point lead will be more than enough to get them to 5-4.

Evil Empire (5-3) @ Rookie Mistakes (2-6)

Evil Empire wins.
    Team Leaders:
    EE: Mike (Major) Minor 22.5
    RM: Brian (Mr) Anderson 26.5

As noted yesterday, the Empire wins. The lead is 100 on the nose.

Romanian Yankees (1-7) @ Carolina Force (4-4)

Despite the post above, the Force is handily in the driver's seat in this dog show. Their 251.5 points leads the league at this point and their 65 pt lead is not hard to take. The RoYals do have a 4-3 PSR mighty edge tho, so... look out.
    Team Leaders:
    RY: Lucas (Skywalkeras) Giolito (gelato) 45.5
    CF: Mike Soroka 33.5

3 in a row for blowout wins as the Force will move ahead of .500.

Larrupin' Lou's (5-3) @ Babe's Blasts (5-3)

The Lou's are in the lead here, by a 43.5 pt margin. The Blast is pinning their hopes of a comeback on their 4-3 PSR advantage.
    Team Leaders:
    LL: Anthony RenDon 25.5
    BB: Rowdy (the Piper) Tellez 23.5

Another blowout, but with a twist. Louie leads by 60 points, but the Blast have 3 PSRs and the Louies have but none. So, you may ask, who wins this thing?

Lou holds on. Blast pitching does not get it done.

Judgement Day (5-3) @ The Lumberjacks (5-3)

In another battle of 5-3 teams the home team Jacks are up by 34.5. In another episode of Pitching Suck this Year... negative pitching is affecting this one. So the JudDay's 3-2 PSR ad may mean nothing or everything or,,,, nothing. Or something. Don't ask me. I have no idea how to play Fantasy Baseball this sucky season. Oh. Sorry. A little unnecessary rant there. I'm ok now. After this report I'll just calm down by watching some Memorial Day Sale commercials on the Television Set.

Sorry, again.
    Team Leaders:
    JD: Jose (Twin Triplet Quadruple) Quintana 20
    L: Gleyber (the rested) Torres 29 (Oh yeah and Verlander's 36)

Blowout #5 of 5. Jacks get win 6. JD gets loss 4.

Planet Express (4-4) @ Those Hobbled Men (4-4)

Long Names lead is a phenomenal 113.5 points (no typo there). The visiting Express may have sent half their team to the wrong planet. Anyway the Exp's 3-1 PSR ad will probably not be of assistance to the cause of the Express here.
    Team Leaders:
    PE: Tommy (the) Pham(tastic) 21
    THM: Juan(fire) Soto (enters the season with flair) 31.5

Blow out Blow out Blow out. It's the Memorial Day Weekend Blow out sale. Hobblers win easily.

HobokenSquatCobblers (2-6) @ Guys with Wood (6-2)

Ahh, it's Hoboken time. I'ma let you all in on a little secret. The Hoboken Team is one of my top 20 favorite Fantasy Teams in this league this season. I can't get enough of them. But they losin' again. The Wood who are human lead by 44.5. PSRs are knotted at 3.
    Prolly gonna be 2-7 and 7-2 after this weekend.
    Team Leaders:
    H: Renato Nunez (biznez) 34
    GW: German Marquez (deSade) 33.5

....and make it 7 for 7 in Blow outs. Woodies lead by more than enough AND have a 3-0 PSR advantage.

The Best Team (1-7) @ Powerplant (3-5)

Planters has the upper hand here. A 38.5 lead and 2-1 in PSRs. Can the Best Little Team get a break? Maybe there'll be a lot of Plant rainouts.
    Team Leaders:
    tBT: Mike Foltynwicz (finally has a good game) 25.5
    P: Kraken (the rested) Sanchez 28

Do I hear 8 for 8? Yes indeed. The landslides continue as The Best Team turns to next week to get win #2.

Formal Ferrets (6-2) @ Mrs. Bill and Sluggo (7-1)

In the matchup of the week... 6-2 vs 7-1. The fight of the century. The powerful duo go at it in earnest. Two high scoring behemoths grapple to see who deserve greatness.

Ugh, what a dud. The lowest scoring game of the week. Sluggo leads by 53.5 but only because the Ferrets haven't hardly even scored yet.

Disappointing. So, darn disappointing.

Maybe things will heat up. Hope abounds.
    Team Leaders:
    FF: Austin (Texas) Riley 21.5
    MBS: Wilson (the volleyball) Ramos 21.5 (Max also has 21.5 for those keeping score at home)

Finally not quite a lopsided match up. Mrs leads by 32.5 and that will be plenty to move to a stellar 8-1 record.

Ligers (5-3) @ Miko's Marauders (3-5)

The Ligers lead by 21 in the closest contest of the week. Of course. MikoMiko will forge ahead at sometime this weekend and leave the Ligers reeling with a second loss in a row. Dammit.
    Team Leaders:
    L: Dansby (the Magnificent) Swanson 30
    M: Toy Story (Part 7) 25

And of course, for the 83rd regular season week in a row, the Ligers are locked in an amazingly close battle. The Hybrid Felines have the lead, but Miko has a PSR in hand and that will make this one just to close to predict.

Enjoy Sunday peoples.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Great write up again, John...

Being 2-6 is a drag. So is losing one game by 1.5 points and another by 3 points. 4-4 would be more acceptable. But it is what it is....dung beetles.

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

Interesting. So many tight division races.

Kicking the Grim Reaper's Ass Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

(6-3) and sole possession of first place in what was expected to be a third-consecutive rebuilding year for the Lou's.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    (6-3) and sole possession of first place in what was expected to be a third-consecutive rebuilding year for the Lou's.
    I had no expectations of being where I am either right now. Locked up with John in my division. If it stays this way we may have a rivalry going. Last year was the same (I believe John held first more than not) and we met in the post season. Two years of this makes it a rivalry, right?

NYYF Legend

Mrs. Bill and Sluggo took turns stomping the Ferrets. Luck had to run out some time.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

Thread Information