+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Make it Saturday if you want. But it's not a playoff series, and they're 7 1/2 games up on Boston right now -- maybe something close to that on Friday? I don't see why the pressure of pitching the opener Friday would be significantly worse than Saturday or Sunday. That's fan/media stuff.
    This is unrelated to Chance Adams, but I personally think the upcoming series vs. the Red Sox is very important. Taking 3 of 4 would really send a message and put the Red Sox in a hot seat.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    This is unrelated to Chance Adams, but I personally think the upcoming series vs. the Red Sox is very important. Taking 3 of 4 would really send a message and put the Red Sox in a hot seat.
    Oops that's right, Sox series begins Thursday, will edit.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

NYYF Legend

While up 12-4, he allowed 5 hits and 3 to 5 runs in 2/3 of an inning, and Britton is in.

Some liked him...meh.

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Some liked him...meh.
    yeah I don't see anything

Some bad luck again for him, but he's got to find something to put hitters away and miss some bats. He's got a bit of a Holder feel to him right now where teams can run off a string of hits at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Some bad luck again for him, but he's got to find something to put hitters away and miss some bats. He's got a bit of a Holder feel to him right now where teams can run off a string of hits at any point.
    Is it even fair to judge his performance given that it was part of a two-day mess that barely resembled normal baseball?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Heís not good.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Is it even fair to judge his performance given that it was part of a two-day mess that barely resembled normal baseball?
    Same evaluation even if you exclude today. Lots of contact, higher than ideal walks, not enough Ks.

NYYF Legend

Today is our fifth doubleheader, and he's been the 26th man 3 times. He threw 103 pitches in his last start, which was 6 days ago. His 4.46 ERA for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre isn't great.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Today is our fifth doubleheader, and he's been the 26th man 3 times. He threw 103 pitches in his last start, which was 6 days ago. His 4.46 ERA for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre isn't great.
    It's looking like they should have "sold high" on him a couple of years back.

I think he's destined for the 'pen. How many innings has he thrown as a starter in SWB?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

mookie betts v. chance adams is one of the biggest mismatches I could ever think of beside trout.

NYYF Legend

He lost his chance and was sent down. Ryan Dull was promoted, and he could get to pitch at his former team, Oakland.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    He lost his chance and was sent down. Ryan Dull was promoted, and he could get to pitch at his former team, Oakland.
    I figured this would be the move the Yanks make as Dull was on the 40 man. Should Dull stumble I suspect he would receive his 3rd DFA of the season and one of the MiLB signings, Hernandez or Lyons would get a crack.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

If he never throws another pitch for the Yankees, I think Iím OK with that.
    Baseball is life;

I'm actually not that mad that he blew it, because it was a given the moment he came in.

Hey, if I wanted to be super positive twister covered with whipped cream and drizzled with hot dripping sarcasm, I guess his, err, "pitching" is actually making me almost not dislike Luis Cessa as the last man of the bullpen.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    If he never throws another pitch for the Yankees, I think Iím OK with that.
    But unfortunately he will be out there a few more times this season. Hopefully not in the 9th inning of a tie game again.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    But unfortunately he will be out there a few more times this season. Hopefully not in the 9th inning of a tie game again.

I think he is only around until Severino, Betances and maybe Monty return. I think it's clear that his roster spot is in imminent danger
    "My guys are savages in the box!" - Aaron Boone

Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    I think he is only around until Severino, Betances and maybe Monty return. I think it's clear that his roster spot is in imminent danger
    So youíre saying Adams is a Patch?

Slowly slipping down stream on Boonie's list after Tuesday performance .Hopefully not a choice for roster in playoffs. Please. Don't remember him doing well since he was called up last 2 season . GUY IS TERRIBLE IN TIGHT SPOTS. Again and again

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    I agree with SatchelPaige. I think his roster spot might be in danger when Monty, Severino, Betance and Stanton are activated over the next 7 days.

He's just 24 but with the 40 man roster crunch coming both now and in the off season there is a good chance that Chance is not part of the Yankee plans. In both brief stints with the big club his ERA has been north of 7 and it hasn't looked like he's been unlucky. His past 2 season in AAA his ERA has been over 4.5. And there are better arms coming up behind him through the system that will need to be added to the roster in the off season to protect them from rule 5.

I would guess Lyons, Dull, Adams and Gearrin are all potential DFA candidates over the next 4-7 days with Lyons and Dull almost near certainties. Valera is the only other guy on the roster besides those 4 who is an obvious DFA candiate.

So unless CC's knee gives out and they 60 day IL him or the move Hicks and/or Tauchman to the 60 day IL they are going to have to DFA 4 players in the coming days.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I agree with SatchelPaige. I think his roster spot might be in danger when Monty, Severino, Betance and Stanton are activated over the next 7 days.

He's just 24 but with the 40 man roster crunch coming both now and in the off season there is a good chance that Chance is not part of the Yankee plans. In both brief stints with the big club his ERA has been north of 7 and it hasn't looked like he's been unlucky. His past 2 season in AAA his ERA has been over 4.5. And there are better arms coming up behind him through the system that will need to be added to the roster in the off season to protect them from rule 5.

I would guess Lyons, Dull, Adams and Gearrin are all potential DFA candidates over the next 4-7 days with Lyons and Dull almost near certainties. Valera is the only other guy on the roster besides those 4 who is an obvious DFA candiate.

So unless CC's knee gives out and they 60 day IL him or the move Hicks and/or Tauchman to the 60 day IL they are going to have to DFA 4 players in the coming days.
    I don't think Adams gets DFA'd this season. I do believe his 40 man spot into November is on the bubble though.

Thread Information