+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 47 of 47
  1. #26
    NYYF Legend

    sjb23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, Fl

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Make it Saturday if you want. But it's not a playoff series, and they're 7 1/2 games up on Boston right now -- maybe something close to that on Friday? I don't see why the pressure of pitching the opener Friday would be significantly worse than Saturday or Sunday. That's fan/media stuff.
    This is unrelated to Chance Adams, but I personally think the upcoming series vs. the Red Sox is very important. Taking 3 of 4 would really send a message and put the Red Sox in a hot seat.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

  2. #27
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    This is unrelated to Chance Adams, but I personally think the upcoming series vs. the Red Sox is very important. Taking 3 of 4 would really send a message and put the Red Sox in a hot seat.
    Oops that's right, Sox series begins Thursday, will edit.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

  3. #28
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    While up 12-4, he allowed 5 hits and 3 to 5 runs in 2/3 of an inning, and Britton is in.

  4. #29

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Some liked him...meh.

  5. #30

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph View Post
    Some liked him...meh.
    yeah I don't see anything

  6. #31

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Some bad luck again for him, but he's got to find something to put hitters away and miss some bats. He's got a bit of a Holder feel to him right now where teams can run off a string of hits at any point.

  7. #32

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Some bad luck again for him, but he's got to find something to put hitters away and miss some bats. He's got a bit of a Holder feel to him right now where teams can run off a string of hits at any point.
    Is it even fair to judge his performance given that it was part of a two-day mess that barely resembled normal baseball?
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  8. #33
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Heís not good.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  9. #34

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Is it even fair to judge his performance given that it was part of a two-day mess that barely resembled normal baseball?
    Same evaluation even if you exclude today. Lots of contact, higher than ideal walks, not enough Ks.

  10. #35
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Today is our fifth doubleheader, and he's been the 26th man 3 times. He threw 103 pitches in his last start, which was 6 days ago. His 4.46 ERA for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre isn't great.

  11. #36
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Today is our fifth doubleheader, and he's been the 26th man 3 times. He threw 103 pitches in his last start, which was 6 days ago. His 4.46 ERA for Scranton/Wilkes-Barre isn't great.
    It's looking like they should have "sold high" on him a couple of years back.

    I think he's destined for the 'pen. How many innings has he thrown as a starter in SWB?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  12. #37

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    mookie betts v. chance adams is one of the biggest mismatches I could ever think of beside trout.

  13. #38
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    He lost his chance and was sent down. Ryan Dull was promoted, and he could get to pitch at his former team, Oakland.

  14. #39
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    He lost his chance and was sent down. Ryan Dull was promoted, and he could get to pitch at his former team, Oakland.
    I figured this would be the move the Yanks make as Dull was on the 40 man. Should Dull stumble I suspect he would receive his 3rd DFA of the season and one of the MiLB signings, Hernandez or Lyons would get a crack.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  15. #40
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    If he never throws another pitch for the Yankees, I think Iím OK with that.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  16. #41

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    I'm actually not that mad that he blew it, because it was a given the moment he came in.


    Hey, if I wanted to be super positive twister covered with whipped cream and drizzled with hot dripping sarcasm, I guess his, err, "pitching" is actually making me almost not dislike Luis Cessa as the last man of the bullpen.

  17. #42
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    If he never throws another pitch for the Yankees, I think Iím OK with that.
    But unfortunately he will be out there a few more times this season. Hopefully not in the 9th inning of a tie game again.

  18. #43

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    But unfortunately he will be out there a few more times this season. Hopefully not in the 9th inning of a tie game again.

    I think he is only around until Severino, Betances and maybe Monty return. I think it's clear that his roster spot is in imminent danger
    "My guys are savages in the box!" - Aaron Boone

  19. #44
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    I think he is only around until Severino, Betances and maybe Monty return. I think it's clear that his roster spot is in imminent danger
    So youíre saying Adams is a Patch?

  20. #45

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Slowly slipping down stream on Boonie's list after Tuesday performance .Hopefully not a choice for roster in playoffs. Please. Don't remember him doing well since he was called up last 2 season . GUY IS TERRIBLE IN TIGHT SPOTS. Again and again

  21. #46
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    But unfortunately he will be out there a few more times this season. Hopefully not in the 9th inning of a tie game again.
    I agree with SatchelPaige. I think his roster spot might be in danger when Monty, Severino, Betance and Stanton are activated over the next 7 days.


    He's just 24 but with the 40 man roster crunch coming both now and in the off season there is a good chance that Chance is not part of the Yankee plans. In both brief stints with the big club his ERA has been north of 7 and it hasn't looked like he's been unlucky. His past 2 season in AAA his ERA has been over 4.5. And there are better arms coming up behind him through the system that will need to be added to the roster in the off season to protect them from rule 5.


    I would guess Lyons, Dull, Adams and Gearrin are all potential DFA candidates over the next 4-7 days with Lyons and Dull almost near certainties. Valera is the only other guy on the roster besides those 4 who is an obvious DFA candiate.


    So unless CC's knee gives out and they 60 day IL him or the move Hicks and/or Tauchman to the 60 day IL they are going to have to DFA 4 players in the coming days.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  22. #47
    NYYF Legend

    mbn007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY

    Re: 2019 Chance Adams Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I agree with SatchelPaige. I think his roster spot might be in danger when Monty, Severino, Betance and Stanton are activated over the next 7 days.


    He's just 24 but with the 40 man roster crunch coming both now and in the off season there is a good chance that Chance is not part of the Yankee plans. In both brief stints with the big club his ERA has been north of 7 and it hasn't looked like he's been unlucky. His past 2 season in AAA his ERA has been over 4.5. And there are better arms coming up behind him through the system that will need to be added to the roster in the off season to protect them from rule 5.


    I would guess Lyons, Dull, Adams and Gearrin are all potential DFA candidates over the next 4-7 days with Lyons and Dull almost near certainties. Valera is the only other guy on the roster besides those 4 who is an obvious DFA candiate.


    So unless CC's knee gives out and they 60 day IL him or the move Hicks and/or Tauchman to the 60 day IL they are going to have to DFA 4 players in the coming days.
    I don't think Adams gets DFA'd this season. I do believe his 40 man spot into November is on the bubble though.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts