+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    NYYF Legend

Re: NYYFans FB League - 2019 Week 8 - The Ocho

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    No thread on the Robbie Ray trade, but it is the first trade I veto'd this season. I'll explain if a thread gets started
    It was accepted in error. Both teams want the trade cancelled.

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

How do I keep losing starts every week???

NYYF Legend

Saturday is here. Time to find out what happened so far (in red):

Buckeye Nation (2-5) @ Rookie Mistakes (2-5)

In this matchup of 2-5 teams, one of them got to triple digits. The Mistake-prone Rookies lead this on by 21. The Nation still has a shot to take this one with a 2-1 PSR edge. Someone is gonna hold down the DiMag basement.
    Team Leaders:
    BN: Max Kepler (Returns) 16
    RM: Jorge Pooooooooo-Lanco 22

Carolina Force (3-4) @ Babe's Blasts (5-2)

The Blast had a nice comfortable lead in the contest. Well until yesterday's 99 point effort by the Force. Them Forces now lead by 20. PSRs are knotted at 2. Anyone can take this high scoring affair. Will the Force stay in the race?
    Team Leaders:
    CF: Frankie Montas (man is he up and down) 32
    BB: Mike (sprunga) Leake 25 (Note: It's really Syndergaard's 27, but I didn't have a nickname for him and the Leake one was just hanging there so I took a little liberty, but then there's this addition I added so people would understand and not say, hey John can't count or is blind or something, so I hope this explains it)

Larrupin' Lou's (4-3) @ Miko's Marauders (3-4)

The build up for the Lou's/Miko matchup has pretty much been for naught. I mean it's close. Miko leads by 2. Big E has a 2-1 PSR ad. But the scoring has been... EH. Maybe the scoring explosion will come in the next two days.
    Team Leaders:
    LL: Bassit and the Greink 31.5 pts each
    MM: Mickey Mouse Tacka 27

The Lumberjacks (4-3) @ Tattered Stirrups (4-3)

The Jax are the current high score leader of the week. What does that mean? The Tattered Souls are even more angry than ever. LJax leads by 65.5 (ooof). But the HobbTatts have 2 PSRs. Jax just have one. Stirrups still have hope.
    Team Leaders:
    tL: ReyyyyyNaldo Lopez 30
    TS: Chris (KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK) Sale 27.5

Planet Express (4-3) @ Formal Ferrets (5-2)

The PLEXies have a chance for a share of 1st place in the Mantle Division as they take on the lone first placer in the Ferrets. The Ferrets had a nice Friday to shoot into a 51.5 pt lead. The Ferrets are putting together a great year in a tough division. PLEXie still has a chance to get back in this on the back of their 2-1 PSR edge.
    Team Leaders:
    PE: Kenta (Clarka) Maeda 33
    FF: Patrick Corbin 32.5 (sadly the small market Yankees couldn't afford this guy, but Hal has a new home and 5 new cars and is almost back from his 93 day vacation)

Guys with Wood (6-1) @ Powerplant (2-5)

The Powerplant has sucked all of the power out of the Guys with Wood this week. I mean they have caused quite an outage in the forest. The Woodies don't have the least points of the week, but they are way close. Planters leads by 85.5 points and have 3-2 PSRs as well.
    We'll see if the Wood can get the lights on this weekend.
    Team Leaders:
    GwW: Freddie FreeFreeFreeman 19
    SNP: Kris (Kringle) Bryant 25.5

The Best Team (1-6) @ Mrs. Bill and Sluggo (6-1)

The Best Team is looking for that elusive 2nd win. Mrs Bill, tho, smells first place all by her lonesome and has other ideas. The Missus leads by 40. The Best Team (with a 3-2 PSR status) has a chance if their SPs pitch as they can.
    Team Leaders:
    tBT: Eduardo S CO BAR 33
    MBS: Lorenzo (Abel's Bro) Cain 20

Michigan Wolverines (3-4) @ Romanian Yankees (1-6)

On first look, the Wolvies have this one in the bag with their 59 pt lead against a rebuilding RoY team. However, if you take out the magnifying glass and take a good look... it's RoY in the driver's seat. They have a whopping big 4-0 PSR advantage this weekend, AND them Wolvies are looking at a penalty for Sean Newcomb as well (-11.5 is the leader in the penalty sweepstakes right now).
    Team Leaders:
    MW: Carlos Car Ass Co 28
    RoY: Charlie (SALT) Morton 27.5

Judgement Day (4-3) @ HobokenSquatCobblers (2-5)

The Days of Judgement have the early lead here. They winnin; by 17.5. But the never say die Cobbies have a nice trio of Starting Pitchers going this weekend and the JD's have just one. HoboCobb has a good chance in this thing. One would have to think the Hobo's feel the Chevy Nova was the worst car ever.
    Team Leaders:
    JD: Martin Perez (dispenser) (alright, that's a stretch. I admit it) 22.5
    H: Joey (going to the) Gallo 24.5

Evil Empire (4-3) @ Ligers (5-2)

In the battle for first place in the DiMaggie - the Ligers were smoothly sailing along with the lead and the highest point total of the week thru Thursday. Then Friday happened. Mikilas imploded, Alvarado imploded (at least some good came out of that one) and the lead vanished. The Empire now holds the lead by 10.5. They are looking good for a share of first when the sun rises on Monday morn.
    Team Leaders:
    EE: Kyle (having a hell of a year) Hendricks 31.5
    L: Roughned (I actually had him on my bench until a last minute switch) Odor 30

So that's it in this wacky league in this wacky year in fantasy baseball. At least for now.

Have a stellar weekend everybodies.
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

Only words, and then your thoughts.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Very clever writing as always....No Chevy Nova for me; I am a Ford man.

NYYF Legend

I woke up thinking it was Sunday, but then it was so bright outside, I can't recall a sunny Sunday so I was really confused. Apparently, though, it is Sunday and inexplicably it is also sunny. So, predictions (in blue):

In this matchup of 2-5 teams, one of them got to triple digits. The Mistake-prone Rookies lead this on by 21. The Nation still has a shot to take this one with a 2-1 PSR edge. Someone is gonna hold down the DiMag basement.
    Team Leaders:

The question here is, can Bieber and Ray make up the 25 points to get the Bucks a win?

I don't think so.

Rooks will win this one, with like 125 pts.

The Blast had a nice comfortable lead in the contest. Well until yesterday's 99 point effort by the Force. Them Forces now lead by 20. PSRs are knotted at 2. Anyone can take this high scoring affair. Will the Force stay in the race?
    Team Leaders:
    BB: Mike (sprunga) Leake 25 (Note: It's really Syndergaard's 27, but I didn't have a nickname for him and the Leake one was just hanging there so I took a little liberty, but then there's this addition I added so people would understand and not say, hey John can't count or is blind or something, so I hope this explains it)

The Force is living up to their name this week and will shock the Blast this week.
    Blast does not prevail.

The build up for the Lou's/Miko matchup has pretty much been for naught. I mean it's close. Miko leads by 2. Big E has a 2-1 PSR ad. But the scoring has been... EH. Maybe the scoring explosion will come in the next two days.
    Team Leaders:

Miko is so busy making overnight trades he forgot to score points this week. However, despite being down by 17.5 pts with PSRs @ 1-1, I think they squeak in a victory by the slimmest of margins.

The Jax are the current high score leader of the week. What does that mean? The Tattered Souls are even more angry than ever. LJax leads by 65.5 (ooof). But the HobbTatts have 2 PSRs. Jax just have one. Stirrups still have hope.
    Team Leaders:

The Jaxies will break the Tattered hearts.

The PLEXies have a chance for a share of 1st place in the Mantle Division as they take on the lone first placer in the Ferrets. The Ferrets had a nice Friday to shoot into a 51.5 pt lead. The Ferrets are putting together a great year in a tough division. PLEXie still has a chance to get back in this on the back of their 2-1 PSR edge.
    Team Leaders:
    FF: Patrick Corbin 32.5 (sadly the small market Yankees couldn't afford this guy, but Hal has a new home and 5 new cars and is almost back from his 93 day vacation)

The Ferocious Ferrets will prevail here and keep themselves alone atop the Mantle.

The Powerplant has sucked all of the power out of the Guys with Wood this week. I mean they have caused quite an outage in the forest. The Woodies don't have the least points of the week, but they are way close. Planters leads by 85.5 points and have 3-2 PSRs as well.
    Team Leaders:

The Guys are wondering where the Plant got all their Power this week. In a table turning tourney, the Plant pummels the Wood.

The Best Team is looking for that elusive 2nd win. Mrs Bill, tho, smells first place all by her lonesome and has other ideas. The Missus leads by 40. The Best Team (with a 3-2 PSR status) has a chance if their SPs pitch as they can.
    Team Leaders:

Next week the Best old Team will try again for win #2.

On first look, the Wolvies have this one in the bag with their 59 pt lead against a rebuilding RoY team. However, if you take out the magnifying glass and take a good look... it's RoY in the driver's seat. They have a whopping big 4-0 PSR advantage this weekend, AND them Wolvies are looking at a penalty for Sean Newcomb as well (-11.5 is the leader in the penalty sweepstakes right now).
    Team Leaders:

I have to do math here. Let me show my work.
    Wolvies lead 206.5-152, but there's a -9 pts for Newcomb because he's in an illegal spot, he gets no points. So now it's 197.5-152. In addition, the Wolvies get the points of the worst Free Agent SP (currently Hector Velazquez' -14).
    So at least the score is 183.5-152.

OK more. So the RoYs have a 3-0 PSR ad. I think RoYs trio can get the RoYs close. But can they get them ahead?

Ugh.

Yes, I think the RoYs win in an upset.

The Days of Judgement have the early lead here. They winnin; by 17.5. But the never say die Cobbies have a nice trio of Starting Pitchers going this weekend and the JD's have just one. HoboCobb has a good chance in this thing. One would have to think the Hobo's feel the Chevy Nova was the worst car ever.
    Team Leaders:

This one is really close and could end up tied.
    I can't predict ties so I think the CobbSaladers will win a very close one with Judgement Day actually crying at the results.

In the battle for first place in the DiMaggie - the Ligers were smoothly sailing along with the lead and the highest point total of the week thru Thursday. Then Friday happened. Mikilas imploded, Alvarado imploded (at least some good came out of that one) and the lead vanished. The Empire now holds the lead by 10.5. They are looking good for a share of first when the sun rises on Monday morn.
    Team Leaders:

The Ligers went on vacation Thursday Night. Hopefully it's a short trip. Welcome to first place Hitman.

Enjoy Sunday all.

question: I have - rather stupidly I know - Chad Green as one of my relief pitchers. Today when he starts and posts -20 points, I do not get charged, right?

I didn’t expect to be in this position this week. Still legitimately worried it will last. John, you’ve been improving your team and I’ve been tentative to mess with mine just yet. It’s been a fun week though.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    question: I have - rather stupidly I know - Chad Green as one of my relief pitchers. Today when he starts and posts -20 points, I do not get charged, right?
    serious question. Green cost me a win. But he was an Sp not a RP..what happens?

NYYF Legend

Watching the STL-TEX game and Flaherty mowing down Rangers as Express inch closer and closer to my total. At least in 2018 I had no hope and didn't even bother checking the scores until Monday morning.

Be seeing you,

Saxmania

NYYF Legend

serious question. Green cost me a win. But he was an Sp not a RP..what happens?
    You lose.

An RP in a spot start gets the points.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    You lose.

no fair

It's time for fantasy baseball gdn's Avatar

Gross.

NYYF Legend

I woke up thinking it was Sunday, but then it was so bright outside, I can't recall a sunny Sunday so I was really confused. Apparently, though, it is Sunday and inexplicably it is also sunny. So, predictions (in blue):

With just about a game to go, I'll address some possible prediction errors (in green):

Team Leaders:

The question here is, can Bieber and Ray make up the 25 points to get the Bucks a win?

I don't think so.

Rooks will win this one, with like 125 pts.

Shane Bieber's gem, coupled with the Rookie bullpen failures will get the Nation a win and the Rookies sole possession of last place.

Team Leaders:

The Force is living up to their name this week and will shock the Blast this week.
    Blast does not prevail.

Team Leaders:

Miko is so busy making overnight trades he forgot to score points this week. However, despite being down by 17.5 pts with PSRs @ 1-1, I think they squeak in a victory by the slimmest of margins.

Alex Gordon up with the bases loaded. Hold on a second.....

A single.

Looks like the Lou's will hold on for a close win.

Team Leaders:

The Jaxies will break the Tattered hearts.

Team Leaders:

The Ferocious Ferrets will prevail here and keep themselves alone atop the Mantle.

Team Leaders:

The Guys are wondering where the Plant got all their Power this week. In a table turning tourney, the Plant pummels the Wood.

Team Leaders:

Next week the Best old Team will try again for win #2.

Team Leaders:

I have to do math here. Let me show my work.
    Wolvies lead 206.5-152, but there's a -9 pts for Newcomb because he's in an illegal spot, he gets no points. So now it's 197.5-152. In addition, the Wolvies get the points of the worst Free Agent SP (currently Hector Velazquez' -14).
    So at least the score is 183.5-152.

OK more. So the RoYs have a 3-0 PSR ad. I think RoYs trio can get the RoYs close. But can they get them ahead?

Ugh.

Yes, I think the RoYs win in an upset.

I certainly didn't count on the RoYs three SPs to net a grand total on 0.5 points. That done him in. The penalties will not turn the tide.

Team Leaders:

This one is really close and could end up tied.
    I can't predict ties so I think the CobbSaladers will win a very close one with Judgement Day actually crying at the results.

213 -212... still not over. I told you this one could end up a tie. My prediction is still possible.

Team Leaders:

The Ligers went on vacation Thursday Night. Hopefully it's a short trip. Welcome to first place Hitman.

Enjoy Sunday all.

You lose.

at 5:30 tonight I am literally behind by 1 point with Green sporting a 3.5 minus as a starter from my Rp position.

NYYF Legend

at 5:30 tonight I am literally behind by 1 point with Green sporting a 3.5 minus as a starter from my Rp position.
    It wasn't like you weren't told that picking up Chad was a bold move, Cotton.

It wasn't like you weren't told that picking up Chad was a bold move, Cotton.
    Yes, if only I listened, I saw that. I am responsible for my misfortunes.

Kicking the Grim Reaper's Ass Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Phew. 4 wins last year, already 5 wins this year, and a share of first place!

Thread Information