+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: 2019 Miguel Andujar Performance Thread

Why didn't they just put him on the IR to begin with?

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

I'm and Andujar homer. It sucks but just have the surgery. Don't also lose next season...
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...…
    "Yankees are now a Fully Operational Dollar Store"

NYYF Legend

It does look like surgery is in his future. I wonder how long before he is back from surgery if this is necessary.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by MyBoysKaosHavoK View Post
    I'm and Andujar homer. It sucks but just have the surgery. Don't also lose next season...
    One of the major reasons they held off surgery was that it would probably keep him out next year. At this point, he's more likely to miss most of next year.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

There's been a ton of talk about surgery today, but it would be great if we could all resist the temptation to jump to this conclusion. I'm far from a medical expert but I do know that surgery is not to be taken lightly and it's not guaranteed to magically fix everything.

The Yankees (and Andujar) should still be in information gathering mode, and the rest of us should wait for some more facts to come out before acting like we know that surgery is a foregone conclusion or what the right course of action is. For now, all I feel comfortable saying is that they've made the right move getting him off the 25-man roster, and if the IL (as opposed to a simple demotion to AAA) is their chosen method I have no complaints.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    One of the major reasons they held off surgery was that it would probably keep him out next year. At this point, he's more likely to miss most of next year.
    Yikes, had no clue that injury was THAT serious. It's almost like a Tommy John type surgery.

At this point, you hope it isn't a career-ending injury. Isn't it similar to what Greg Bird had, and he hasn't been the same since?

Quote Originally Posted by danman1202 View Post
    why did they bring him back just to somehow only find out now he's not healthy? this is laughable someone has to get canned over this
    Just SOP for the Yankee medical/rehab team.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    Yikes, had no clue that injury was THAT serious. It's almost like a Tommy John type surgery.

At this point, you hope it isn't a career-ending injury. Isn't it similar to what Greg Bird had, and he hasn't been the same since?
    Labrum tear for a pitcher is way worse than TJ surgery.

And yes, it's the same as what Greg Bird had. He's never really recovered.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    There's been a ton of talk about surgery today, but it would be great if we could all resist the temptation to jump to this conclusion. I'm far from a medical expert but I do know that surgery is not to be taken lightly and it's not guaranteed to magically fix everything.

The Yankees (and Andujar) should still be in information gathering mode, and the rest of us should wait for some more facts to come out before acting like we know that surgery is a foregone conclusion or what the right course of action is. For now, all I feel comfortable saying is that they've made the right move getting him off the 25-man roster, and if the IL (as opposed to a simple demotion to AAA) is their chosen method I have no complaints.
    Nice post. I am a big fan of Andújar and would love to see both Andújar and Urshela somehow be worked into the lineup as positional players. Great move to IL rather than SWB. And glad they are not jumping to the surgery at this point. It seems to me these slight medical problems become major. I always am afraid when I hear SLAP tears. Hoping for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post

Yea they should take all steps to avoid the surgery if its potentially not needed. Even if the chances are small undergoing a career threatening surgery when rest and rehab still might do the trick is worth putting it off. If he definitely needs the surgery then get it, but let's wait until it gets there.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    It does look like surgery is in his future. I wonder how long before he is back from surgery if this is necessary.
    I'm going from memory but position players I think are 6-8 month recovery. And I believe there is a noticable drop in power the first year back. Players I can recall having similar surgery are Adrian Gonzolez and Brian McCann
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Considering he was hitting worse than both Bird and Sanchez of last season, for his good and for the clogged infield, Andujar ought to have season ending surgery. Urshela the better fielding 3B (with LeMahieu spelling him from time to time) will lessen the number of errors committed at the hot corner.

NYYF Legend

Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Calls a tool a tool

Guess that rules out a trade for a #1 pitcher. Time to sign Keuchel.

Released Outright

this sucks. Maybe if Andujar stayed on the base, he'd never injure his shoulder....

For every Tanaka, there are 999 guys whose injuries do get worse.

NYYF Legend

Labrum surgery is so iffy. He could come back fine or he could never be the same. I am a personal trainer/athlete with a tear in my labrum and I was advised strongly not to get surgery. A teammate/friend of mine had surgery and can’t even do a push-up now. Let’s all cross our fingers. Hopefully he can come back and at least hit like he used to.

NYYF Legend

To me, the worst part about the injury is that we lose his value as a trade chip. I truly believe they won't miss his production in any way. They were set up nicely for this between DJL/Ursh.

Yes, with his shoulder injury, Cashman cannot trade him currently. With
    so much depth in the lineup, his bat won't be missed and errors at 3B will be reduced.

Come spring training in February 2020, hopefully Andujar will be 100% healed and should he has a hot ST, Cashman can entertain a trade then.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    To me, the worst part about the injury is that we lose his value as a trade chip. I truly believe they won't miss his production in any way. They were set up nicely for this between DJL/Ursh.
    they'll obviously miss his bat.

NYYF Legend

ESPN: Yanks’ Andujar to have season-ending season, shld labrum tear. Chance of returning? Not as good as TJS (83%). Article by Chalmers, et al,( https://t.co/de00cd87my) on shoulder surgery on 542 players included 67% labral tears, showed return to sport of only 63%.
    https://twitter.com/stanconte/status...286232064?s=19

NYYF Legend

Just look at Bird. The story that he couldn't cut it is garbage.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Thread Information