+ Reply to Thread
Page 176 of 181 FirstFirst ... 76 126 166 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 ... LastLast
Results 4,376 to 4,400 of 4510

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    And of course the MAGA assholes are running with that because they love mocking and impugning....
    Curious choice of words. You're mocking and impugning Trump's supporters for mocking and impugning others.

I agree with your position. I just think there might have been a better way to phrase it.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by The_Man_With_No_Plan View Post
    The fact that you seem to think the Henry Ford comments prove his white nationalism is a microcosm of the “Trump is a white nationalist” argument. It completely removes all context from the original quote and has the opposite effect on people who don’t have a deep bias. What you’ve actually done here is you’ve given Trump yet another round of ammunition. Now he can say in a debate, “I complimented Henry Ford at the Ford plant in front of Ford workers, and the media said I was a white nationalist. The media is not to be trusted”… and he’d be right.
    There are compliments and there are compliments. And do you think Ford workers really care about the quality of old Henry's bloodlines?

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Seems to be?

Live interviews are not Biden's friend at this point in his career. This is why I'm nervous for him in a debate. He's getting absolutely torn apart on Twitter right now (a platform that is extremely anti-Trump). He's lucky the mainstream media isn't running with this the same way they'd run with a Trump quote of a similar nature.
    You must be on a different Twitter than I am. There are just as many pro-Trump people on Twitter as there are anti-Trump. And I've learned that on both sides, Twitter is not a accurate reflection of reality.
    2020 - When will the show go on?

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    There are compliments and there are compliments. And do you think Ford workers really care about the quality of old Henry's bloodlines?
    You're acting like he presented a 2 hour documentary on Henry Ford. It was a 6 second chuckling remark in a 30 minute speech.

You're acting like he presented a 2 hour documentary on Henry Ford. It was a 6 second chuckling remark in a 30 minute speech.
    Ha ha. Chuckle chuckle. Good bloodlines.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    You must be on a different Twitter than I am. There are just as many pro-Trump people on Twitter as there are anti-Trump. And I've learned that on both sides, Twitter is not a accurate reflection of reality.
    The bolded is the most accurate and important to remember statement of all time. You're one million percent correct.

I guess I'm not on Twitter an enormous amount of time, so I don't have any real data to back that up... I was mostly basing that on the trending hashtags I see and the top comments along with them. They seem majority left-leaning. Not exactly scientific, but I almost never see a far right hashtag trending, unless it's being made fun of.

I could buy the theory that Twitter, as a whole leans left.
    But the Facebook misinformation has a right wing monopoly.

The bolded is the most accurate and important to remember statement of all time. You're one million percent correct.

I guess I'm not on Twitter an enormous amount of time, so I don't have any real data to back that up... I was mostly basing that on the trending hashtags I see and the top comments along with them. They seem majority left-leaning. Not exactly scientific, but I almost never see a far right hashtag trending, unless it's being made fun of.

Obamagate was recently the top trending topic there and that was certainly not driven by left leaning people. What I've found is that people mostly just want to comment on the stuff they disagree with on there. So if you read comments on Tweets from conservatives, it will be completely filled with liberal comments and vice versa.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I figured I should put it treks a Tumpkin could understand.
    [Moderator]

Let's have the discussion with a little more respect for other peoples' opinions, please. This applies to more than just Yankee Tripper. There's a tendency to gang up on people who disagree with the majority.

Thanks.

[/Moderator]

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Reade's attorney dropped her.

She's being investigated for claiming to have a degree she may not have. It could cause problems for cases where she testified as an expert witness.

While not related to her claims against Biden, more evidence coming in showing a potential pattern of lying on her part.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

She's being investigated for claiming to have a degree she may not have. It could cause problems for cases where she testified as an expert witness.

While not related to her claims against Biden, more evidence coming in showing a potential pattern of lying on her part.

Yes, I've read plenty of articles on this, and I find her very hard to believe.

Meanwhile, in other news, Biden has apologized for his comments this morning. Hopefully we can now move on from this overwrought story.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Obamagate was recently the top trending topic there and that was certainly not driven by left leaning people. What I've found is that people mostly just want to comment on the stuff they disagree with on there. So if you read comments on Tweets from conservatives, it will be completely filled with liberal comments and vice versa.
    Yeah but it seemed like Obamagate was mostly being made fun of. So maybe the hashtag was started by right wingers, but it was hijacked by left wingers and mocked.

Interesting point on commenting on things people disagree with, but it reminded me of something (sort of random? maybe related?). Jack Dorsey (CEO of Twitter) said that during the 2016 debates and election, data showed that left leaning Twitter users only followed other left leaning Twitter users, while right leaning Twitter users followed everyone from both sides. It was a possible explanation of why the polls and public opinion that Trump would get trounced ended up being so wrong. Liberals were only listening to other liberals so of course it seemed like Hillary would dominate. Again, as you said, Twitter is such a small subsection of human reality, but something like that might be applicable to real life.

But anyway, to tie it all to my original point, “You Ain’t Black” seems to be one of the rare anti-Democrat trends I’ve seen on Twitter that is legitimately trending and not just being made fun of. And boy oh boy I couldn’t even imagine the wall to wall coverage by major media outlets this would get if Trump had said it.

Yeah but it seemed like Obamagate was mostly being made fun of. So maybe the hashtag was started by right wingers, but it was hijacked by left wingers and mocked.

Interesting point on commenting on things people disagree with, but it reminded me of something (sort of random? maybe related?). Jack Dorsey (CEO of Twitter) said that during the 2016 debates and election, data showed that left leaning Twitter users only followed other left leaning Twitter users, while right leaning Twitter users followed everyone from both sides. It was a possible explanation of why the polls and public opinion that Trump would get trounced ended up being so wrong. Liberals were only listening to other liberals so of course it seemed like Hillary would dominate. Again, as you said, Twitter is such a small subsection of human reality, but something like that might be applicable to real life.

But anyway, to tie it all to my original point, “You Ain’t Black” seems to be one of the rare anti-Democrat trends I’ve seen on Twitter that is legitimately trending and not just being made fun of. And boy oh boy I couldn’t even imagine the wall to wall coverage by major media outlets this would get if Trump had said it.
    That’s true, you can only imagine it. Trump gets away with so much it’s ridiculous.

NYYF Legend

Not that I expect you to understand this, or maybe you will say you will and then completely undermine that sentiment as you further clarify things, but this is the difference between punching upward and downward.
    “Nobody teaches life anything.” - Gabriel García Márquez

I'm on Twitter a lot and I am a liberal who only follows other liberals. That being said, I end up reading a lot of conservative tweets because the liberals that I follow reply to them and I suspect that is true of a lot of the liberals on there. I don't need to follow someone to see what they tweet. I read a lot of the comments (I'm pretty much admitting to being a masochist here) and that's why I don't believe that Twitter is skewed as left as some might think.

However, most of what I follow on Twitter are animal accounts.

Joe's comments seem to be getting plenty of coverage as far as I can see. It's literally the top story on MSNBC right now and was earlier on CNN. I don't believe the notion that media only covers liberals favorably and conservatives harshly.

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Not that I expect you to understand this, or maybe you will say you will and then completely undermine that sentiment as you further clarify things, but this is the difference between punching upward and downward.
    Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee for President of the United States. You’re not “punching down” by calling out something racist that he said.

NYYF Legend

Joe Biden is the Democratic nominee for President of the United States. You’re not “punching down” by calling out something racist that he said.
    He worded it poorly and has since apologized. Would you prefer he double down on it like Trump would?
    Baseball is life;

Death Star Fully Operational

That's an interesting development.
    NYYFANS: Cashman/persona non-grata

NYYF Legend

That’s not what I meant. Trump has spent his entire life punching downward.

And apparently, according to Quinnipiac University, Biden owns an 81% to 3% approval rating over Trump among black voters.

NYYF Legend

Donald Trump just called a black man dumb. Again. He's done it three times to black reporters in the last month alone.

So, save me the fake fainting spell over Biden.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    That’s not what I meant. Trump has spent his entire life punching downward.

And apparently, according to Quinnipiac University, Biden owns an 81% to 3% approval rating over Trump among black voters.
    3% margin of error. 😂
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

3% margin of error. 😂
    Yeah, don’t get too excited. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Donald Trump just called a black man dumb. Again. He's done it three times to black reporters in the last month alone.

So, save me the fake fainting spell over Biden.
    I’m certain this wasn’t your intention, but you just fell into a very classic trap. Donald Trump calling a black reporter “dumb” is nothing even approaching racism. The fact that you seem to think it’s racist… is actually racist. You’re saying that black people need to be treated differently. What does the race of the reporter have to do with anything? Why is it not racist when Donald Trump calls a white reporter “dumb”? There is an ENORMOUS difference between Trump calling a reporter who happens to be black “dumb” and what Biden said today.

This is the same trap so many fell into when Trump called Hillary a “nasty woman”. They latched onto it and cried sexism even though Trump had spent the past year and a half calling every Republican candidate under the sun “nasty”. I remember on this very forum I said Hillary was “unlikeable” and certain posters acted like I had murdered someone.

You can think a black person is “dumb” and a woman is “unlikeable” without being racist and sexist.

I’m certain this wasn’t your intention, but you just fell into a very classic trap. Donald Trump calling a black reporter “dumb” is nothing even approaching racism. The fact that you seem to think it’s racist… is actually racist. You’re saying that black people need to be treated differently. What does the race of the reporter have to do with anything? Why is it not racist when Donald Trump calls a white reporter “dumb”? There is an ENORMOUS difference between Trump calling a reporter who happens to be black “dumb” and what Biden said today.

This is the same trap so many fell into when Trump called Hillary a “nasty woman”. They latched onto it and cried sexism even though Trump had spent the past year and a half calling every Republican candidate under the sun “nasty”. I remember on this very forum I said Hillary was “unlikeable” and certain posters acted like I had murdered someone.

You can think a black person is “dumb” and a woman is “unlikeable” without being racist and sexist.
    Donald Trump called a black person "dumb" and Donald Trump is a racist. Both are true.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Donald Trump called a black person "dumb" and Donald Trump is a racist. Both are true.
    One is true. One is opinion. So the bolded is, objectively, incorrect.

Thread Information