+ Reply to Thread
Page 122 of 146 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 132 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 3637
    Hope is eternal

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination

First time in history when Iowa, NH and Nevada were the first three that the same candidate has won the popular vote in all three.
    anyone but Trump

1 billion = 1 thousand million Texsahara's Avatar

I know it's still early but this feels like it's Bernie's to lose. Seems like he's making great strides with poc. Now win over the olds.

NYYF Triple Crown

Has Mayor Pete declared victory in Nevada yet?
    Stay "We" my friends

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Has Mayor Pete declared victory in Nevada yet?
    SC as well I believe
    anyone but Trump

Hope is eternal

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...593308672?s=21

Democrats national poll: CBS/YouGov

Taken Feb. 20-22 after the debate

Sanders 28%
    Warren 19%
    Biden 17%
    Bloomberg 13%
    Buttigieg 10%
    Klobuchar 5%
    Steyer 2%
    Gabbard 1%
    anyone but Trump

Hope is eternal

I much prefer Warren. But if not these are two minutes of brilliant commentary

https://twitter.com/anandwrites/stat...204959744?s=21
    anyone but Trump

1 billion = 1 thousand million Texsahara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I much prefer Warren. But if not these are two minutes of brilliant commentary

https://twitter.com/anandwrites/stat...204959744?s=21
    Anand Giridharadas is one of my fav twitter follows. His book, Winner Take All, about the problems with the global elite and big philanthropy is excellent.

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    Anand Giridharadas is one of my fav twitter follows. His book, Winner Take All, about the problems with the global elite and big philanthropy is excellent.
    He is dead on accurate here. That is for sure. Will have to take a look at that book.
    anyone but Trump

He is dead on accurate here. That is for sure. Will have to take a look at that book.
    I think you mean "dead-on balls accurate." It's an industry term.

No question, the swooning fits among the media establishment have been pretty outrageous.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post

No question, the swooning fits among the media establishment have been pretty outrageous.
    Yup. Just let the voters decide
    anyone but Trump

Death Star Fully Operational

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I know it's still early but this feels like it's Bernie's to lose. Seems like he's making great strides with poc. Now win over the olds.
    If he doesn't win the olds then he's going to lose the election as I'm not sure how motivated the young voters will come out in November. We do know that the olds will be out in force.

Hope is eternal

https://twitter.com/politico/status/...134713351?s=21

NEVADA CAUCUSES
    Sanders eviscerates conventional wisdom about why he can’t win
    anyone but Trump

NYYF Triple Crown

Their reactions tell you everything you need to know about the establishment: it's a big, powerful club and we ain't in it.

The fact that so many people, especially younger people, are starting to see through their BS is why I'm eternally optimistic.
    Stay "We" my friends

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Bernie, why are you making it so easy for them to attack you??

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/u...o-florida.html

Cuban exiles and Democrats in Florida on Monday angrily rejected comments from Senator Bernie Sanders praising aspects of the Communist Cuban revolution that aired in an interview with “60 Minutes.”

The Vermont senator’s remarks threatened to undercut his candidacy for the Democratic nomination in the nation’s largest presidential swing state, as he seeks to build momentum on a broader scale after a series of early primary victories.

“I’m totally disgusted and insulted,” said Lourdes Diaz, the president of the Democratic Hispanic Caucus in Broward County, who is Cuban-American. “Maybe this will open people’s eyes to how super, super liberal and radical Bernie is. I’m not going to defend him anymore. I’m over it.”

In the interview, which aired Sunday night on CBS, Mr. Sanders said he opposed “the authoritarian nature” of the repressive Cuban regime.

“But you know, it’s unfair to simply say everything is bad,” Mr. Sanders told the host, Anderson Cooper. “When Fidel Castro came to office, you know what he did? He had a massive literacy program. Is that a bad thing? Even though Fidel Castro did it?”

Mr. Cooper noted that many political dissidents remained imprisoned in Cuba.

“That’s right,” Mr. Sanders acknowledged. “And we condemn that.”

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Bernie, why are you making it so easy for them to attack you??

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/u...o-florida.html
    Cuba did have an insanely high (something like a 97% IIRC) literacy rate in the entire country under Castro. So, everything he said is objectively accurate, and is not the same thing as praising Castro's governing orthodoxy. That's a pretty important distinction.

But I'm sure that won't stop many Trump supporters from jumping on Bernie for this one, despite the constant fawning over authoritarian leaders he's exhibited these last 4 years.
    Stay "We" my friends

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Cuba did have an insanely high (something like a 97% IIRC) literacy rate in the entire country under Castro. So, everything he said is objectively accurate, and is not the same thing as praising Castro's governing orthodoxy. That's a pretty important distinction.

But I'm sure that won't stop many Trump supporters from jumping on Bernie for this one, despite the constant fawning over authoritarian leaders he's exhibited these last 4 years.
    And Mussolini made the trains run on time. Still he should know better than to phrase it that way knowing how disingenuous the media will be about it, much less what Trump will spin it into.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    And Mussolini made the trains run on time. Still he should know better than to phrase it that way knowing how disingenuous the media will be about it, much less what Trump will spin it into.
    Yeah, but like I said, Trump is the last person on Earth who should be claiming the moral high ground on this issue. Anyone who buys what he has to say about this wasn't going to vote D anyway.

And for the record, I'm not convinced most voters care as much about this as being paid a living wage or not having to ration insulin due to a broken healthcare system.

This criticism will eventually fade away, much like the criticism Obama faced when he relaxed the embargo restrictions on Cuba a few years ago.
    Stay "We" my friends

Yeah, but like I said, Trump is the last person on Earth who should be claiming the moral high ground on this issue. Anyone who buys what he has to say about this wasn't going to vote D anyway.

And for the record, I'm not convinced most voters care as much about this as being paid a living wage or not having to ration insulin due to a broken healthcare system.

This criticism will eventually fade away, much like the criticism Obama faced when he relaxed the embargo restrictions on Cuba a few years ago.
    There’s a chunk of Florida voters who take it very seriously indeed. They really matter.

There’s a chunk of Florida voters who take it very seriously indeed. They really matter.
    Florida was going to be a tough one to win anyway because, for some odd reason, the Republican candidates there lately manage to squeak out narrow victories that are often at odds with the polling the day before the election. And sometimes the exit polls. I wish I could put my finger on how that’s happening....

Quote Originally Posted by Highlanders#1 View Post
    Florida was going to be a tough one to win anyway because, for some odd reason, the Republican candidates there lately manage to squeak out narrow victories that are often at odds with the polling the day before the election. And sometimes the exit polls. I wish I could put my finger on how that’s happening....
    It's emphatically not a state where a Democrat should be throwing away votes in February.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

So, everything he said is objectively accurate, and is not the same thing as praising Castro's governing orthodoxy. That's a pretty important distinction.
    Only if his goal is to join Henry Clay in the "I'd rather be right than President" club.
    - Barry Manilow

Hope is eternal

It's emphatically not a state where a Democrat should be throwing away votes in February.
    This. After Hurricane Maria and the income of citizens from Puerto Rico upset with Trump, I thought Florida a state the Dems could flip.
    anyone but Trump

NYYF Triple Crown

This. After Hurricane Maria and the income of citizens from Puerto Rico upset with Trump, I thought Florida a state the Dems could flip.
    It still is.

One Cuban-American going on the record with an opinion about this does not suddenly mean every Latino voter in Florida will vote Trump.
    Stay "We" my friends

Hope is eternal

It still is.

One Cuban-American going on the record with an opinion about this does not suddenly mean every Latino voter in Florida will vote Trump.
    Latinos not the issue so much as Cuban-Americans. Even if the point is dead on accurate he doesn’t want to be praising anything Castro
    anyone but Trump

It still is.

OK, though it’s clearly going to be meaningful to more than one Cuban-American. Either way, It’s a dumb unforced error.

Thread Information