+ Reply to Thread
Page 181 of 181 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171 178 179 180 181
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 4510

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Biden gave a damn good speech this morning.

I realize the right-wing has tried tearing him down, but he's nowhere near as bad as some are making him out to be.
    He has his moments.

But Trump has fewer moments where he does something right, or inspirational, than Biden has bad moments. You'd need to overlook mountains of bad Trump-isms to focus on the occasional Biden gaffe. Sadly, thousands will do exactly that.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Biden gave a damn good speech this morning.

I realize the right-wing has tried tearing him down, but he's nowhere near as bad as some are making him out to be.
    It was a very good and powerful speech. I hope it gets the press coverage it deserves.

Honestly if he has a few move of those I may become an enthusiastic supporter.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    He was by no means my choice, but he might end up being a decent candidate for this moment.
    An actual progressive would've been nice, but his speech today was decent.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    It was a very good and powerful speech. I hope it gets the press coverage it deserves.

Honestly if he has a few move of those I may become an enthusiastic supporter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...ech-we-needed/
    In his first trip from his home state since the covid-19 lockdown began, former vice president Joe Biden delivered a presidential-caliber speech that denounced President Trump’s use of fear, violence and racial division and called on the country to seize this moment as an opportunity to confront systematic racism.

With the opening words of his speech — “I can’t breathe” — Biden adopted a somber, intimate tone for an address delivered far more in sorrow than in anger. To be sure, there were moments when he clobbered the president. “The president held up the Bible at St John’s church yesterday. I just wish he opened it once in a while instead of brandishing it. If he opened it, he could have learned something,” Biden said, adding that Trump could try opening the Constitution as well, where he would find the First Amendment protects the right of the people to peacefully assemble and petition their government. He also bluntly accused the president of being part of the problem and accelerating hate and division. “He thinks division helps him. His narcissism has become more important than the nation’s well-being that he leads,” Biden said.

Biden’s most effective moments, however, were those reflecting on the country’s historic challenge. “American history isn’t a fairy tale with a guaranteed happy ending,” he said. “The battle for the soul of this nation has been a constant push and pull for over 240 years, a tug of war between the ideal that we’re all created equal, and the harsh reality that racism has torn us apart.” He summoned the country not simply to embrace the concept that all men are created equal, but also to treat everyone equally.

In case anybody was wondering if any Republican elected officials were thinking about jumping ship or even weakly standing up to Trump...
    https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/statu...596683266?s=20
    Sen. John Cornyn reacts to Joe Biden's speech on Fox News: "Frankly it saddened me to hear the vice president jump-start his presidential campaign again in the midst of this crisis."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    In case anybody was wondering if any Republican elected officials were thinking about jumping ship or even weakly standing up to Trump...
    So they slam Biden for "sitting in his basement" but it saddens them if he...does something?

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/126...548663808?s=20

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., on the president’s photo op at St. John’s last night: “Didn’t really see it.”

Sen. Kelly Loeffler, R-Ga., does not respond when asked if what the president did last night was appropriate. Her spokesman handed me his card.

Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan. “I don’t have any comment on that.”

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., does stop to talk and says “we all could” do better when asked if POTUS could do better.

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah. “I didn’t watch it closely enough to know.”

Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo.: “Sorry, I’m late for lunch.”

Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., walks by without saying anything.

NYYF Legend

Elected Republicans abdicated responsibility a long time ago. I really don’t care what most of them have to say.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Complicit. Trash.
    "Our work continues, the fight goes on, and the big dreams never die." -- Elizabeth Warren

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    He was by no means my choice, but he might end up being a decent candidate for this moment.

He's compassionate. He wasn't my first choice either, but he's a damn good candidate and seems to be a damn good person.

Thread Information