+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 64 FirstFirst ... 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1590
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Re: 2020 Democratic Nomination

Pete Buttigieg released a very ambitious plan to combat systemic racism in America, dubbing it the Douglass Plan and he says it's on the same level of ambition as the Marshall Plan.

https://peteforamerica.com/Douglass-Plan

Mayor Pete Buttigieg is proposing The Douglass Plan, a comprehensive and intentional dismantling of racist structures and systems combined with an equally intentional and affirmative investment of unprecedented scale in the freedom and self-determination of Black Americans.
    This includes reforming broken criminal justice and health systems, strengthening access to credit and injecting capital into the Black community, and taking bold steps toward fulfilling long-broken promises of true equity.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    Pete Buttigieg released a very ambitious plan to combat systemic racism in America, dubbing it the Douglass Plan and he says it's on the same level of ambition as the Marshall Plan.

https://peteforamerica.com/Douglass-Plan
    Health, education, incarceration, culture, commerce, voting rights.......it's remarkably comprehensive.

One of Warren's strengths has been her willingness and ability to lay out detailed plans for HOW she plans to accomplish what she promises. Buttigieg just returned serve. Well done.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Health, education, incarceration, culture, commerce, voting rights.......it's remarkably comprehensive.

One of Warren's strengths has been her willingness and ability to lay out detailed plans for HOW she plans to accomplish what she promises. Buttigieg just returned serve. Well done.
    He's taking from Warren's playbook, which is smart. She's still a better candidate, though.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    He's taking from Warren's playbook, which is smart. She's still a better candidate, though.
    I'm impressed by him so far, but I feel like the stuttering lawyer from My Cousin Vinny every time I try to say his last name out loud.
    Jingoism is not Patriotism

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I'm impressed by him so far, but I feel like the stuttering lawyer from My Cousin Vinny every time I try to say his last name out loud.
    He has said that he and his husband pronounce it slightly differently. One says boot-edge-edge, the other says Buddha-judge. Itís not easy to tell the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    He has said that he and his husband pronounce it slightly differently. One says boot-edge-edge, the other says Buddha-judge. It’s not easy to tell the difference.
    I can't prove it but I think buddha-judge was the pronunciation prior to running for pres. I listened to one of their early interviews together and Chasten said buddha-judge was how Pete told him it was pronounced. Pete did not dispute that. Then someone decided that boot-edge-edge was more marketable. So close to sounding the same but the printed version is very different.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    I can't prove it but I think buddha-judge was the pronunciation prior to running for pres. I listened to one of their early interviews together and Chasten said buddha-judge was how Pete told him it was pronounced. Pete did not dispute that. Then someone decided that boot-edge-edge was more marketable. So close to sounding the same but the printed version is very different.
    From his campaign HQ in South Bend:

Iím far from sold on Pete BootEdgeEdge. But this hatchet job might be the worst article on any subject Iíve ever read: https://newrepublic.com/article/1544...r-pete-problem. Skip the first five paragraphs and go right down to the Mary Pete part.

Iím far from sold on Pete BootEdgeEdge. But this hatchet job might be the worst article on any subject Iíve ever read: https://newrepublic.com/article/1544...r-pete-problem. Skip the first five paragraphs and go right down to the Mary Pete part.
    Ugh. It's 2019. Hard to believe this is still a thing.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Says the link is broken.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Says the link is broken.
    You're a broken link.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    You're a broken link.
    Iím the reason some donít believe in evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Says the link is broken.
    'Dale Peckís post ďMy Mayor Pete ProblemĒ has been removed from the site, in response to criticism of the pieceís inappropriate and invasive content. We regret its publication.'

Which is to say, it was the worst article on any subject ever written.

Edit: Here's an excerpt, posted to Twitter before the article was taken downstairs . Warning - It is obscene and offensive. It was also posted on TNR.

Re-edit: on second thought, better not to post the obscene and offensive link. I assume itís within CS to offer to PM it if anyone cares.
    Last edited by JL25and3; 07-12-19 at 11:08 PM.

NYYF Legend

'Dale Peckís post ďMy Mayor Pete ProblemĒ has been removed from the site, in response to criticism of the pieceís inappropriate and invasive content. We regret its publication.'

Edit: Here's an excerpt, posted to Twitter before the article was taken downstairs . Warning - It is obscene and offensive. It was also posted on TNR.

Re-edit: on second thought, better not to post the obscene and offensive link. I assume itís within CS to offer to PM it if anyone cares.
    I saw it on Twitter. It was so far over the line it qualified as hate speech. And that's me talking.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I saw it on Twitter. It was so far over the line it qualified as hate speech. And that's me talking.
    Well, Iím glad they took it down.

I'd like the PM.

This tweet shows up on my timeline, but the link no longer works, so I guess it was deleted. Iím not sure why.

The Volatile Mermaid
    @OhNoSheTwitnt

Joe Biden is like if ďIíd vote for a woman, just not THAT womanĒ were a person.

NYYF Cy Young

This tweet shows up on my timeline, but the link no longer works, so I guess it was deleted. Iím not sure why.
    I read it a dozen times and still not sure what that tweet was supposed to mean.

Maybe I'm not alone and that's why?

NYYF Legend

I read it a dozen times and still not sure what that tweet was supposed to mean.

Not too clear to me, either, but I'm guessing it's a slam on Joe's 'wokeness' quotient...as in sort of incomplete and maybe insincere.

I'd say it is more a function of Joe just being out-of-step with the current details of the full menu of PC perfection. Just one of those who thinks not being racist or sexist ought to be enough.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Probably. She's very smart and funny but that one....woosh.
    Take car. Go to Mum's. Kill Phil - "Sorry." - grab Liz, go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over. How's that for a slice of fried gold?

Biden will speak as if he takes women candidates (or just women) seriously, but when it comes down to it, he doesnít take women candidates (or just women) seriously.

If you like, Tim, it speaks to his wokeness, but I donít use that disdainfully.

NYYF Legend

Biden will speak as if he takes women candidates (or just women) seriously, but when it comes down to it, he doesn’t take women candidates (or just women) seriously.

If you like, Tim, it speaks to his wokeness, but I don’t use that disdainfully.
    I'm not sure I used it disdainfully. I do distinguish it as adhering to a set of expectations shared among progressives that may go beyond what is needed to achieve the fundamental goal of equal opportunity. I don't oppose it, per se, but I am concerned that it may reach the point of counter-productivity as candidates and supporters become ever more exigent as to what behaviors pass the test. That is, it may lead to to turning off those who are not attuned to all the latest nuances of wokeness, but who are infinitely more egalitarian than that 40% on the side of evil.

I can't believe there is a Democrat out there, even an old fart like Joe, who doesn't take women candidates seriously in 2019.

NYYF Cy Young

I don't think there's anything inherently "un-woke" about saying you'd vote for a woman, but not THAT woman.

Most of the left said the same thing about Sarah Palin a decade ago.

I don't think there's anything inherently "un-woke" about saying you'd vote for a woman, but not THAT woman.

Most of the left said the same thing about Sarah Palin a decade ago.
    It's not about woke or un-woke but about honesty and unconscious bias. Polls have said that around 52% of Americans would feel comfortable with a woman president. That means that 48% would not. That's a lot.

Related note: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...r-a-woman-but/

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Texsahara View Post
    It's not about woke or un-woke but about honesty and unconscious bias. Polls have said that around 52% of Americans would feel comfortable with a woman president. That means that 48% would not. That's a lot.

Related note: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...r-a-woman-but/
    That's not the issue, though. Those are people who are not comfortable with ANY woman. It is not a binary choice between 'not any woman' and 'support ALL women.' People (and some of that 48% ARE women) should have the right to say, 'not THAT woman' without being automatically labelled as 'not ANY woman.'

Personally, I have no problem supporting a woman for President, but I sure had problems with THAT woman, until faced with the binary alternative of you-know-who. I currently support a woman for President. I do not appreciate the disdain (borrowing an excellent word) ascribed to the 'not THAT woman' adherents.

Thread Information