+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: 2019 CC Sabathia Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    The NY Post just announced that CC has been placed on the 10-day IL with an inflamed knee. Tyler Wade was just called up from AAA.

I know most of you will vilify me when I suggest for the good of the team that CC retires immediately to free up a spot for Cashman to insert the starting pitcher he will be trading for.

Sentiments should not in the way of this team vying to win the World Series. It had been mentioned that Jete's and Mo's swan song seasons were wasted seasons.
    I wish I can unsee this post. Retire for an inflamed knee to free up a roster spot for a trade? This isn't Jeter and Mo, you are comparing apples to monster trucks...

Quote Originally Posted by joesalto View Post
    I wish I can unsee this post. Retire for an inflamed knee to free up a roster spot for a trade? This isn't Jeter and Mo, you are comparing apples to monster trucks...
    Yeah, ultimately if it comes down to them deciding to fortify the bullpen and skip on adding more than just a depth starter, I'd rather see the combo of Green/CC pitch a game...three? (Paxton Gm2 starter? lmao), than Green/Happ.

NYYF Legend

I feel sorry for CC. He is trying his hardest to stay healthy and be apart of this team but his knees are not allowing it. All the more reason the Yanks need more starting pitching.:

The NY Post just announced that CC has been placed on the 10-day IL with an inflamed knee. Tyler Wade was just called up from AAA.

I know most of you will vilify me when I suggest for the good of the team that CC retires immediately to free up a spot for Cashman to insert the starting pitcher he will be trading for.

Sentiments should not in the way of this team vying to win the World Series. It had been mentioned that Jete's and Mo's swan song seasons were wasted seasons.
    I wonder if he is considering retiring now. He just doesnít look like a big league pitcher anymore. Itís got to hurt his pride to give up home run after home run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    I wonder if he is considering retiring now. He just doesnít look like a big league pitcher anymore. Itís got to hurt his pride to give up home run after home run.
    There's no shame in retiring during the regular season. Put aside his individual pride for the good of the collective.

Putting sentimentalism aside, why are Cashman and Boone trotting CC out to the mound once his wobbly knee has been sufficiently managed? Take today's game in which CC gave up a run scoring single and followed by a 3-run HR in the second inning.

What is CC good for in his final season? I certainly won't use him as a starter in a playoff game. He's not a reliever. His reputation as a big time pitcher is passe (French word). He's taking up a pitcher's roster spot.

CC, please retire now for the sake of the team that you claim to love.

NYYF Legend

Putting sentimentalism aside, why are Cashman and Boone trotting CC out to the mound once his wobbly knee has been sufficiently managed? Take today's game in which CC gave up a run scoring single and followed by a 3-run HR in the second inning.

What is CC good for in his final season? I certainly won't use him as a starter in a playoff game. He's not a reliever. His reputation as a big time pitcher is passe (French word). He's taking up a pitcher's roster spot.

CC, please retire now for the sake of the team that you claim to love.
    It's not a French word without the accent aigu: passť.

Mercifully, Boone gave CC the hook after 3.0 innings having given up 4 ERs, 3 walks, 67 pitches. I shouldn't just single out CC, but also J.A. Happ for his ineffective contribution to the pitching staff in habitually not lasting 5 or 6 innings.

NYYF Legend

Mercifully, Boone gave CC the hook after 3.0 innings having given up 4 ERs, 3 walks, 67 pitches. I shouldn't just single out CC, but also J.A. Happ for his ineffective contribution to the pitching staff in habitually not lasting 5 or 6 innings.
    Yet you're on the Cashman thread saying he dodged a bullet in not signing Keuchel, who is averaging 6 IP a start for ATL, and would've only cost money.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

There's no shame in retiring during the regular season. Put aside his individual pride for the good of the collective.
    ^^^This^^^

Or Should have just let him stay on the DL the rest of the season....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...Ö
    "Yankees are now a Fully Operational Dollar Store"

Quote Originally Posted by MyBoysKaosHavoK View Post
    ^^^This^^^

Or Should have just let him stay on the DL the rest of the season....
    What you suggested is a good alternative option for CC.

The NY Post's writer Dan Martin just said "CC Sabathia looked just as shaky in his return from his IL stint as he did before his latest bout with right knee inflammation."

NYYF Legend

CC struck out the side his last inning. Call it a career now and he goes out on sort of a high note.

It may not end in the most dominant way, but I gotta admit I'm happy the Yankees signed him one last time if for nothing else, his first half was worth it and it gave him the milestones of 250 wins and 3000K for his career, along with 550 starts and 3500 IP as well in terms of lesser milestones. From April to July 16th, in 15 starts CC went 5-4 and had a 4.06 ERA in 82 innings (averaging about 5.1~5.2IP per game), which is extremely solid for what you assumed would've been a 5th starter starting the season.

The 2nd half hasn't been nice, but even then it was a great career for him. Considering the league and era he pitched in, I believe a legit argument can be made for him to be considered a top 10 lefty starting pitcher in modern day baseball. Appreciate him for what he has done for the Yankees the first half, and life shall goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    CC struck out the side his last inning. Call it a career now and he goes out on sort of a high note.
    Ichiro Suzuki's final Major League game (he went 0-4) was with an early season game as a Mariner against the A's in Tokyo. He abruptly retired in front of his adoring Japanese fans. Even though he could have waited another game or two when he would have gotten a hit or two, he wanted to retire before flying back to the USA to assume his new front office job.

If he retires, who takes most of his innings? Cortes? Not necessarily an upgrade

NYYF Legend

If he retires, who takes most of his innings? Cortes? Not necessarily an upgrade
    Next year?
    Well there is this FA pitcher named Gerrit Cole I hear is pretty good.
    The Yankees have this prommising young lefty named Jordan Montgomery who is rehabbing from TJS this year.
    I doubt it will be an issue.
    If you're talking about this year I don't see him retiring.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Next year?
    Well there is this FA pitcher named Gerrit Cole I hear is pretty good.
    The Yankees have this prommising young lefty named Jordan Montgomery who is rehabbing from TJS this year.
    I doubt it will be an issue.
    If you're talking about this year I don't see him retiring.
    This year - right now. As I understood it, thatís what posters were suggesting above.

NYYF Legend

This year - right now. As I understood it, thatís what posters were suggesting above.
    AH. I see. I should have read up.
    But right now, you'd be looking at a regular opener to replace CC as there really isn't much in the way of SP they Yanks haven't tried already.
    Severino or Montgomery returning to action could change the dynamic but neither will be ready until after 9/1 when rosters expand assuming their rehabs don't hit any further snags and CC retiring in September makes no sense.
    I'm not sure where posters are getting the idea that CC signed for a final season is suddenly going to decide he wants to retire in a year where the Yanks are on pace to win over 100 games again.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    AH. I see. I should have read up.
    But right now, you'd be looking at a regular opener to replace CC as there really isn't much in the way of SP they Yanks haven't tried already.
    Severino or Montgomery returning to action could change the dynamic but neither will be ready until after 9/1 when rosters expand assuming their rehabs don't hit any further snags and CC retiring in September makes no sense.
    I'm not sure where posters are getting the idea that CC signed for a final season is suddenly going to decide he wants to retire in a year where the Yanks are on pace to win over 100 games again.
    So does he want to retire like right now ?

With the post-season coming up !

I wouldn't put him on the post-season roster, he's 2 years past being worth a crap

NYYF Legend

Ichiro Suzuki's final Major League game (he went 0-4) was with an early season game as a Mariner against the A's in Tokyo. He abruptly retired in front of his adoring Japanese fans. Even though he could have waited another game or two when he would have gotten a hit or two, he wanted to retire before flying back to the USA to assume his new front office job.
    Sure. But to Ichiro playing one last game in front of his Japanese fans was better then going back to the US to play a few more games.

Sure. But to Ichiro playing one last game in front of his Japanese fans was better then going back to the US to play a few more games.
    Also, Ichiro! hadnít been very good for quite a few years before that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    So does he want to retire like right now ?

With the post-season coming up !

I wouldn't put him on the post-season roster, he's 2 years past being worth a crap

Part of this is wrong. He was a productive pitcher, back end of the rotation pitcher last year with a 3.65 ERA. If he was that now, he could get the ball in a playoff game.

But right now he seems in too much pain to be productive. He is not going to retire and give up his salary nor should he. But unless there is some sharp turn around, he should not be and will not be on the playoff roster. Last year was last year, and earlier this year for some starts was earlier this year. Right now, he does not look like he can help win games.

I read that CC has been pegged to start this Saturday against the Dodgers. His performance in this game will dictate what Rothschild and Boone will do with CC from hereon in.

NYYF Legend

I read that CC has been pegged to start this Saturday against the Dodgers. His performance in this game will dictate what Rothschild and Boone will do with CC from hereon in.
    So could be CC's last start.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

So could be CC's last start.
    if only
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Thread Information