+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 CC Sabathia Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    I read that CC has been pegged to start this Saturday against the Dodgers. His performance in this game will dictate what Rothschild and Boone will do with CC from hereon in.
    This is the usual nonsense from you. Speculative BS based on nothing. At least quote a source if you're going to make these assertions.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    So could be CC's last start.
    They can't really pull both CC & Happ from the roations just yet for lack of alternatives. I mean I guess they could go to two opener games once rosters expand in September but I'm not sure they are ready to get that drastic with an 8 game lead.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    They can't really pull both CC & Happ from the roations just yet for lack of alternatives. I mean I guess they could go to two opener games once rosters expand in September but I'm not sure they are ready to get that drastic with an 8 game lead.
    I think the plan for both guys should be to have them come in to face batter #7 and go thru the lineup once. Get anywhere from 9-12 outs from them, after an opener gets the first 6 outs.

They should do it in September to see if it might be an option in October.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I think the plan for both guys should be to have them come in to face batter #7 and go thru the lineup once. Get anywhere from 9-12 outs from them, after an opener gets the first 6 outs.

They should do it in September to see if it might be an option in October.
    In his 19 year big league career, CC only relief appearance came in the 2011 ALDS.
    Happ has some experience coming out the pen in his career.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

With Happ for now you have to keep sending him out there and hope he regains something. As for CC sadly I just think he has nothing left.

NYYF Legend

That 8 game lead could be down to 5 by Sunday night.

NYYF Legend

In his 19 year big league career, CC only relief appearance came in the 2011 ALDS.
    Happ has some experience coming out the pen in his career.
    I understand conventional thinking. But I'm suggesting other ways, other options. A different way of winning when your starting rotation is less than championship caliber. Isn't that what Boone's quote was all about?
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

I love CC, but I think he's going to be meat against any of the lineups the Yankees will face in October. It's going to be very hard to justify running him out there unless the leash is incredibly short.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I love CC, but I think he's going to be meat against any of the lineups the Yankees will face in October. It's going to be very hard to justify running him out there unless the leash is incredibly short.
    Agree. Reminds me of Eli Manning - you've got to make the decision that is best for the team, and not be sentimental.

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    I understand conventional thinking. But I'm suggesting other ways, other options. A different way of winning when your starting rotation is less than championship caliber. Isn't that what Boone's quote was all about?
    Agreed. Barring heading South w Happ biceps injury or Sevy, I think CC's in competition for a slot in the pen / Tarpley.

Thread Information