+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 CC Sabathia Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    I think he's a little worse than Mussina. CC has a World Series, Cy Young, and more strikeouts. Mussina is better in wins, winning percentage, ERA, K/BB, and WHIP. CC can have a better ERA if he has an amazing second half. If he pitches 80 more innings, he would need to allow 23 or fewer earned runs to have a lower ERA than Mussina. CC is deserving, but Mussina got about 25 percent in his first year, and I think enough of the 75 percent will make CC wait also.
    We shall see. I think the 3K strikeouts, with the 250+ wins, with the WS title and the Cy Young award will factor heavily in his favor to get him in the HOF his first time.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post

Awesome, love it

NYYF Legend

I really respect CC for going through his last season in style. Kudos for not making a season long "Look At Me" farewell tour out of this... as some Yankees, sadly, did before.

It's nice that he's being honored at the All Star Game.
    The Good News: The rested Yankees will be ready for the Pennant Race that resting the Yankees will create!

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I really respect CC for going through his last season in style. Kudos for not making a season long "Look At Me" farewell tour out of this... as some Yankees, sadly, did before.

It's nice that he's being honored at the All Star Game.
    Yes. No farewell tour. CC goes out with class.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    We shall see. I think the 3K strikeouts, with the 250+ wins, with the WS title and the Cy Young award will factor heavily in his favor to get him in the HOF his first time.
    What could hurt CC going in on the first ballot is Ichiro will also be on the ballot. How often have two players gone into the HOF the same season on their first ballot?

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

He gave up a two-run home run to Nate Lowe, whose first 2 career homers were in consecutive games. It was his 88th pitch, so you can't say he should been taken out earlier because of his pitch count. I was surprised he was left in, but it worked because he got a pop out on the next pitch. He pitched 7 innings for the first time in over a year*. By getting that out, he can get a win if the Yankees score at least 2 in the eighth and hold on. He's 32-33 with a 4.39 ERA, 2.32 K/BB, and 1.40 in his career in July, which is his worst month in all four. That only includes the regular season, regular season games in March and April are combined, and regular season games in September and October are combined. The 21st out decreases his season ERA. 3 earned runs in 6 2/3 inning is a 4.05 ERA for the game. His ERA was 4.04 going in and would have gone up to a slightly higher 4.04 if he was taken out after the home run. 3 earned runs in 7 innings is a 3.86 ERA for the game, and he lowered his ERA to 4.03.

*The previous time he pitched 7 was when he allowed 1 run in 7 inning of an 8-1 win hosting Boston on June 29, 2018. The previous time he pitched more than 7 was when he allowed 3 in 7 2/3 innings hosting Tampa Bay two starts before that on June 17, 2018. The previous time he pitched at least 7 away was when he allowed 2 in 7 in a 7-2 win at Toronto two starts before that on June 5, 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    He gave up a two-run home run to Nate Lowe, whose first 2 career homers were in consecutive games. It was his 88th pitch, so you can't say he should been taken out earlier because of his pitch count. I was surprised he was left in, but it worked because he got a pop out on the next pitch. He pitched 7 innings for the first time in over a year*. By getting that out, he can get a win if the Yankees score at least 2 in the eighth and hold on. He's 32-33 with a 4.39 ERA, 2.32 K/BB, and 1.40 in his career in July, which is his worst month in all four. That only includes the regular season, regular season games in March and April are combined, and regular season games in September and October are combined. The 21st out decreases his season ERA. 3 earned runs in 6 2/3 inning is a 4.05 ERA for the game. His ERA was 4.04 going in and would have gone up to a slightly higher 4.04 if he was taken out after the home run. 3 earned runs in 7 innings is a 3.86 ERA for the game, and he lowered his ERA to 4.03.

*The previous time he pitched 7 was when he allowed 1 run in 7 inning of an 8-1 win hosting Boston on June 29, 2018. The previous time he pitched more than 7 was when he allowed 3 in 7 2/3 innings hosting Tampa Bay two starts before that on June 17, 2018. The previous time he pitched at least 7 away was when he allowed 2 in 7 in a 7-2 win at Toronto two starts before that on June 5, 2018.

never push cc at his age.. mistake leaving him in...

NYYF Legend

CC's second "moment" in the All Star Game (after throwing out the first pitch):

NYYF Legend

YES said he's 4-1 at home, which I was surprised about because he gives up a lot of home runs and I thought a majority of those would be at home. Before today, he had a .635 opponents' OPS at home and a .972 OPS away. Including today's first inning, he's allowed 5 home runs in 40 innings at home and 11 home runs in 37 innings away. One thing he has done better away is gotten GIDPs. He's got 8, with 7 away. If the Yankees start the layoffs with two home games, German doesn't start due to an innings limit, and Severino is a reliever then, Sabathia should be in consideration to start Game 2 because of that split. If you had to make a playoff rotation with the current starters including German, I would go Tanaka-Sabathia-German-Paxton.

His 8 pitch 1-2-3 first inning lowered his ERA from 4.03 to 3.97.

Great job firing up the team last night which led to the comeback. He is a true leader.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GleyToe18 View Post
    Great job firing up the team last night which led to the comeback. He is a true leader.
    Right, Didi got such a workout trying to hold him back that he built up enough strength to hit that Grand Slam!

Iím having a little trouble following the causality here.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Ummm, ok.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Iím having a little trouble following the causality here.
    Post hoc, ergo proptor hoc.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    Post hoc, ergo proptor hoc.
    So if they win tonight, that will also be because of CC's fire yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    So if they win tonight, that will also be because of CC's fire yesterday?
    Clearly.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Thread Information