+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast

Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    He may be something like a .760 OPS full-time DH
    Far too early to come to such a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Far too early to come to such a conclusion.
    The word may means itís not a conclusion. You have to constantly be evaluating your players though.

He has a wide-open opportunity to make his case for a spot on the playoff roster. So far he isn't doing much with it.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

The word may means itís not a conclusion. You have to constantly be evaluating your players though.
    And I can say he may be a .900 OPS starting outfielder. Either way, it's too early for both statements.

And I can say he may be a .900 OPS starting outfielder. Either way, it's too early for both statements.
    Yeah but thereís no basis for your statement. Based on his contact quality, heís projected around .750 (see Baseballsavants website).

Yeah but thereís no basis for your statement. Based on his contact quality, heís projected around .750 (see Baseballsavants website).
    Right because you've got less than 400 ABs sporadically spread out over 3 years.

Right because you've got less than 400 ABs sporadically spread out over 3 years.
    So we should have no current evaluation of him? If a GM proposes a trade involving him, you just say “I have no idea what he’s worth. I can’t talk trades.”? You either use the current sample (including some weight given to minor league stats) or no sample.

So we should have no current evaluation of him? If a GM proposes a trade involving him, you just say ďI have no idea what heís worth. I canít talk trades.Ē? You either use the current sample (including some weight given to minor league stats) or no sample.
    The current evaluation of him is incomplete. There's not enough data to say one way or the other. He's far from an established big leaguer. And please stop being snarky.

The current evaluation of him is incomplete. There's not enough data to say one way or the other. He's far from an established big leaguer. And please stop being snarky.
    Yeah itís definitely incomplete

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    He has a wide-open opportunity to make his case for a spot on the playoff roster. So far he isn't doing much with it.
    Well he is benched in favor of Tyler Wade today so Iíd say the chances of him making the postseason roster are slim and none. Tell me again why we didnít trade him?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Well he is benched in favor of Tyler Wade today so Iíd say the chances of him making the postseason roster are slim and none. Tell me again why we didnít trade him?
    Because they didnít get any offers they liked?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Probably. By both of the most common metrics (fWAR and bWAR), his career value is still below replacement.

Offer him with Happ and see who bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    That may well be, but now I doubt they'll even get the offers they got then.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That may well be, but now I doubt they'll even get the offers they got then.
    His value is definitely less now than it was. The question is whether the Yankees will be able to build it back up again.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    His value is definitely less now than it was. The question is whether the Yankees will be able to build it back up again.
    For that, I think heíll have to perform in the majors and theYankees will have to act like they believe in him.

NYYF Legend

Frazier should adopt his mother's maiden name. Maybe dye his hair, too. He'd have a better shot with the Yankees.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Frazier should adopt his mother's maiden name. Maybe dye his hair, too. He'd have a better shot with the Yankees.
    I don't follow.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

NYYF Triple Crown

About the WAR. He has to do better. No way I want him on the post season roster. He better get his act together because I was a fan. I hope he shows up next year at ST because I wanted him to replace Gardy (before). He has talent but something is wrong.

He is not doing well: Before he was sent down.

wRC+ 123, 28%K% 11 HR - he was sent down to work on this fielding

since this call up - only 21 AB but I expected Clint would be doing better

48 wRC+, 31% K% 0 HR

Thankfully Stanton will be back this week? (Judge, Stanton, Gardy) but we need a 4th OF. I think Estrada is a worst fielder, feel Maybin is hurt, and Wade is fast and can bunt too
    Last edited by bucky; 09-16-19 at 03:31 PM. Reason: small sample size

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I don't follow.
    Maybe--can't be sure--he means that Clint sticks out too much (red hair) and needs a bio-makeover (change of name) so that he can blend in with the team that doesn't have names on the back of its uniforms, doesn't permit facial hair, etc.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Maybe--can't be sure--he means that Clint sticks out too much (red hair) and needs a bio-makeover (change of name) so that he can blend in with the team that doesn't have names on the back of its uniforms, doesn't permit facial hair, etc.
    OK, thanks.

Personally, I think Clint would do better with the organization if he got more base hits.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

NYYF Legend

Nah. It had to do with a silly conversation in JC re: surnames. Pay no mind.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Heís now dipped below 0 WAR in this, his peak, season. I wonder if any team will give us a good pitcher for him...

NYYF Legend

Frazier has really disappointed me this year - and he started off great. For whatever reason the FO wasn't enamored of him despite the initial positive results, and they proved to be correct at this juncture.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Frazier has really disappointed me this year - and he started off great. For whatever reason the FO wasn't enamored of him despite the initial positive results, and they proved to be correct at this juncture.
    I think they were looking at the underlying stats and felt there was a high chance he wouldn't maintain the offensive production. At this point, he isn't good enough offensively to be a full-time DH or defensively to play the outfield. He'll have to improve somewhere if he's going to have a future in the league.

Thread Information