+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 19 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 526 to 550 of 559
  1. #526

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    He may be something like a .760 OPS full-time DH
    Far too early to come to such a conclusion.

  2. #527

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Far too early to come to such a conclusion.
    The word may means itís not a conclusion. You have to constantly be evaluating your players though.

  3. #528

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    He has a wide-open opportunity to make his case for a spot on the playoff roster. So far he isn't doing much with it.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  4. #529

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    The word may means itís not a conclusion. You have to constantly be evaluating your players though.
    And I can say he may be a .900 OPS starting outfielder. Either way, it's too early for both statements.

  5. #530

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    And I can say he may be a .900 OPS starting outfielder. Either way, it's too early for both statements.
    Yeah but thereís no basis for your statement. Based on his contact quality, heís projected around .750 (see Baseballsavants website).

  6. #531

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    Yeah but thereís no basis for your statement. Based on his contact quality, heís projected around .750 (see Baseballsavants website).
    Right because you've got less than 400 ABs sporadically spread out over 3 years.

  7. #532

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    Right because you've got less than 400 ABs sporadically spread out over 3 years.
    So we should have no current evaluation of him? If a GM proposes a trade involving him, you just say “I have no idea what he’s worth. I can’t talk trades.”? You either use the current sample (including some weight given to minor league stats) or no sample.

  8. #533

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    So we should have no current evaluation of him? If a GM proposes a trade involving him, you just say ďI have no idea what heís worth. I canít talk trades.Ē? You either use the current sample (including some weight given to minor league stats) or no sample.
    The current evaluation of him is incomplete. There's not enough data to say one way or the other. He's far from an established big leaguer. And please stop being snarky.

  9. #534

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by albo4lyfe View Post
    The current evaluation of him is incomplete. There's not enough data to say one way or the other. He's far from an established big leaguer. And please stop being snarky.
    Yeah itís definitely incomplete

  10. #535
    NYYF Legend

    NelsonMuntz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alexandria, VA

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    He has a wide-open opportunity to make his case for a spot on the playoff roster. So far he isn't doing much with it.
    Well he is benched in favor of Tyler Wade today so Iíd say the chances of him making the postseason roster are slim and none. Tell me again why we didnít trade him?
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

  11. #536
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Well he is benched in favor of Tyler Wade today so Iíd say the chances of him making the postseason roster are slim and none. Tell me again why we didnít trade him?
    Because they didnít get any offers they liked?
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  12. #537

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Because they didnít get any offers they liked?
    Probably. By both of the most common metrics (fWAR and bWAR), his career value is still below replacement.

  13. #538
    Gio-Gleyber SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Offer him with Happ and see who bites.

  14. #539
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Because they didnít get any offers they liked?
    That may well be, but now I doubt they'll even get the offers they got then.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

  15. #540

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    That may well be, but now I doubt they'll even get the offers they got then.
    His value is definitely less now than it was. The question is whether the Yankees will be able to build it back up again.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  16. #541
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    His value is definitely less now than it was. The question is whether the Yankees will be able to build it back up again.
    For that, I think heíll have to perform in the majors and theYankees will have to act like they believe in him.

  17. #542
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Frazier should adopt his mother's maiden name. Maybe dye his hair, too. He'd have a better shot with the Yankees.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  18. #543
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Frazier should adopt his mother's maiden name. Maybe dye his hair, too. He'd have a better shot with the Yankees.
    I don't follow.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

  19. #544
    NYYF Triple Crown


    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dunstable, MA

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    About the WAR. He has to do better. No way I want him on the post season roster. He better get his act together because I was a fan. I hope he shows up next year at ST because I wanted him to replace Gardy (before). He has talent but something is wrong.

    He is not doing well: Before he was sent down.

    wRC+ 123, 28%K% 11 HR - he was sent down to work on this fielding

    since this call up - only 21 AB but I expected Clint would be doing better

    48 wRC+, 31% K% 0 HR

    Thankfully Stanton will be back this week? (Judge, Stanton, Gardy) but we need a 4th OF. I think Estrada is a worst fielder, feel Maybin is hurt, and Wade is fast and can bunt too
    Last edited by bucky; 09-16-19 at 03:31 PM. Reason: small sample size

  20. #545
    Addicted Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I don't follow.
    Maybe--can't be sure--he means that Clint sticks out too much (red hair) and needs a bio-makeover (change of name) so that he can blend in with the team that doesn't have names on the back of its uniforms, doesn't permit facial hair, etc.

  21. #546
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Maybe--can't be sure--he means that Clint sticks out too much (red hair) and needs a bio-makeover (change of name) so that he can blend in with the team that doesn't have names on the back of its uniforms, doesn't permit facial hair, etc.
    OK, thanks.

    Personally, I think Clint would do better with the organization if he got more base hits.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

  22. #547
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Nah. It had to do with a silly conversation in JC re: surnames. Pay no mind.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  23. #548

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Heís now dipped below 0 WAR in this, his peak, season. I wonder if any team will give us a good pitcher for him...

  24. #549
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Frazier has really disappointed me this year - and he started off great. For whatever reason the FO wasn't enamored of him despite the initial positive results, and they proved to be correct at this juncture.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  25. #550

    Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Frazier has really disappointed me this year - and he started off great. For whatever reason the FO wasn't enamored of him despite the initial positive results, and they proved to be correct at this juncture.
    I think they were looking at the underlying stats and felt there was a high chance he wouldn't maintain the offensive production. At this point, he isn't good enough offensively to be a full-time DH or defensively to play the outfield. He'll have to improve somewhere if he's going to have a future in the league.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts