+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 20 21 22 23

Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    I think they were looking at the underlying stats and felt there was a high chance he wouldn't maintain the offensive production. At this point, he isn't good enough offensively to be a full-time DH or defensively to play the outfield. He'll have to improve somewhere if he's going to have a future in the league.
    Even so, you don't know how he would have fared. Sending him down while he was doing good with the bat was a questionable decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    Frazier has really disappointed me this year - and he started off great. For whatever reason the FO wasn't enamored of him despite the initial positive results, and they proved to be correct at this juncture.
    Do you think messing with him mentally, as far as sending him down and the trade chatter, messed with him physically at the plate? He started out strong when he was "one of the boys", but then got vilified and completely cooled off. He lost his confidence.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Devoted Member

He never should have been sent down, but the no-show after the bad Sox game angered the FO. When he took the full three days to report (AAA) - that was it - he was finished. I don't know what they do with him now, he has very little trade value - his confidence has been shattered and he will never be successful again on this team.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Do you think messing with him mentally, as far as sending him down and the trade chatter, messed with him physically at the plate? He started out strong when he was "one of the boys", but then got vilified and completely cooled off. He lost his confidence.
    He'll be raking in AAA next season and get traded before June.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

I'll join the chorus of arm-chair psychologizing with my own speculation:

I think the kid has a very large and very fragile ego, and that the defense stuff has gotten into his head and in turn affected his offense. I can only imagine the heckling he gets in RF. He's not built for NYC. More generally, all one hears from baseball players is about how it requires being level-headed. Because of his ability, I don't doubt that he'll flourish somewhere at some point, but for now I agree with this simple assessment:

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    He'll be raking in AAA next season and get traded before June.
    "My guys are savages in the box!" - Aaron Boone

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    I'll join the chorus of arm-chair psychologizing with my own speculation:

I think the kid has a very large and very fragile ego, and that the defense stuff has gotten into his head and in turn affected his offense. I can only imagine the heckling he gets in RF. He's not built for NYC. More generally, all one hears from baseball players is about how it requires being level-headed. Because of his ability, I don't doubt that he'll flourish somewhere at some point, but for now I agree with this simple assessment:
    Right. He needs to get away from the game for a while. Go to a camp to correct some things with his swing, remember his confidence with the glove, and then show up to camp in Tampa.

NYYF Legend

He's not hitting so he don't make any case to force his way on to post season roster.

I have no idea if the Yanks see him as part of their plans going forward but I have a feeling they aren't hanging up on any calls inquiring about his availability in the off season.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    He's not hitting so he don't make any case to force his way on to post season roster.

I have no idea if the Yanks see him as part of their plans going forward but I have a feeling they aren't hanging up on any calls inquiring about his availability in the off season.
    They'd need to be blown away by an offer. IMO the Yankees see it this way: he spends the off season at a camp working on his swing and to get the remaining bugaboos out of his head re: playing in the OF. He'll be raking in Spring Training and gone by May.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees61 View Post
    He never should have been sent down
    But there was no use for him on the MLB roster. You couldn’t play him ahead of Maybin, Tauchman, or EE.

Thread Information