+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 Clint Frazier Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    No, they wonít because they rightfully value him much higher than you do. Youíve made no secret of your dislike of him.

Wrong again. They acquired Encarnacion because they saw an opportunity to add one of the leagueís premier power hitters for peanuts while simultaneously keeping him away from TB, Boston and other AL competitors. Heís very likely no more than a half-season rental. Has zero bearing on Frazierís future.
    stop making sense, it's more fun arguing with you.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    Theyíll take the best offer they can get for him. Our three outfield spots are filled long-term and if they saw Frazier as a long-term DH/OF combo player, they wouldnít have just gotten Encarnacion.
    Encarnacion won't be here next year.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smckdwn989 View Post
    stop making sense, it's more fun arguing with you.
    Not sure others would agree with you!
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    Encarnacion won't be here next year.
    So, Encarnacion gets roughly $3.4M for the remainder of 2019 and a $5M buyout even if he smashed 50 HRs this season.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    So, Encarnacion gets roughly $3.4M for the remainder of 2019 and a $5M buyout even if he smashed 50 HRs this season.
    The buyout releases EE from any commitment to him for 2020. Otherwise, the yanks I believe would have to pay him the full salary for next season, which is 20 million.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Steve View Post
    The buyout releases EE from any commitment to him for 2020. Otherwise, the yanks I believe would have to pay him the full salary for next season, which is 20 million.
    Essentially, EE is a remainder of this season rental costing the Yankees $8.4M. That's a lot of cash.

NYYF Legend

Essentially, EE is a remainder of this season rental costing the Yankees $8.4M. That's a lot of cash.
    No, it's really not. He's a top slugger this year, and we blocked him from going to our direct competitors.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Cash, yes, but not CBT. From Cot's:

acquired by NY Yankees in trade from Seattle 6/15/19 with $16,397,849 remaining on contract for cash purposes and $11,397,849 for Competitive Balance Tax purposes (Mariners pay Yankees $8,397,849 cash as part of the deal, with Yankees responsible for $8M cash balance and $3M for CBT purposes
    I realize that cash is truly what he is costing the Yankees, but at $3M on the CBT, he is an absolute steal.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

Itís supply and demand. Theyíll provide whatever articles people want to read. Their business depends on it. Your complaint really should be with fans who read the info that you are bothered by.
    True, but if the fans eat it up and start getting nasty towards him for no reason, it becomes a problem. It just adds to the negative environment that many of our bi-polar fans are subject to. With the booing and the tweeting.

I do understand it sells. But many in our fanbase takes it as fact and disregards common sense and strategy within the organization.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    True, but if the fans eat it up and start getting nasty towards him for no reason, it becomes a problem. It just adds to the negative environment that many of our bi-polar fans are subject to. With the booing and the tweeting.

I do understand it sells. But many in our fanbase takes it as fact and disregards common sense and strategy within the organization.
    It's possible we never see Frazier in a Yankee uniform again, but if we do my guess is that the fans will welcome him back. I haven't seen any evidence of fans "getting nasty" with Frazier at any point in his Yankee career.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    It's possible we never see Frazier in a Yankee uniform again, but if we do my guess is that the fans will welcome him back. I haven't seen any evidence of fans "getting nasty" with Frazier at any point in his Yankee career.
    Then you havenít been paying attention (to this board, at least).
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Then you haven’t been paying attention (to this board, at least).
    I pay a lot of attention to this board, probably too much -- and I've never seen a direct correlation between the general feeling here and the general feeling in the stands at Yankee Stadium. Have you?

EDIT: I now see that the post I responded to also references "tweeting" ... thank God I don't pay attention to Yankees Twitter, but again I believe that to be a separate universe. I was referring only to the reception he would get at the ballpark.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Then you havenít been paying attention (to this board, at least).
    I donít get the impression anyone here would actually boo Frazier either. He is who he is. Iím sure heís trying his best.

NYYF Legend

I donít get the impression anyone here would actually boo Frazier either. He is who he is. Iím sure heís trying his best.
    I like him. I think they should have let him keep his hair. My only concern is that all the brouhaha over his comportment could diminish his performance on the field.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

I'm a Clint fan and hope he stays here for the long haul, that is unless he's part of what gets us someone like Scherzer or Castillo. I understand people that don't like the cut of his jib, but I do not get the fans (including some posters here) that seem to actually hate him and can't wait for us to unload him at the first chance we get.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeter99 View Post
    I'm a Clint fan and hope he stays here for the long haul, that is unless he's part of what gets us someone like Scherzer or Castillo. I understand people that don't like the cut of his jib, but I do not get the fans (including some posters here) that seem to actually hate him and can't wait for us to unload him at the first chance we get.
    I really don't think anyone here hates him. The criticism here has been pretty gentle by internet message board standards. I know people who love him accuse people like me who are critical of his fielding as hating him, but their internet mind-reading is simply wrong.

Where's the outrage over Holder taking the full time to report to AAA?
    Assistant to the Manager
    Analytical Department of Analytics

The fact is that none of us know what Frazier or Holder told the team and what the team told them about reporting. No one should get worked up about either.

However, it seems to me a bad sign for Frazier that the Yankees are not recalling him to replace Stanton now. This must mean they find his defense (if not his attitude) unacceptable. He otherwise is clearly superior to Tauchman. This suggests to me that Frazier is going to be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    EDIT: I now see that the post I responded to also references "tweeting" ... thank God I don't pay attention to Yankees Twitter, but again I believe that to be a separate universe. I was referring only to the reception he would get at the ballpark.
    The problem is HE does. And that's a problem on multiple levels. I wish they'd all stay off Twitter. Don't get me wrong, some guys are hilarious. But overall it's just a really bad idea.

As far as this board, I wasn't really alluding to that. I'm talking social media in general, and the moronic fans at the stadium who like to boo our own guys. Most posters here see the big picture and are rational. I apologize if I came off as calling out people on here.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    The fact is that none of us know what Frazier or Holder told the team and what the team told them about reporting. No one should get worked up about either.

However, it seems to me a bad sign for Frazier that the Yankees are not recalling him to replace Stanton now. This must mean they find his defense (if not his attitude) unacceptable. He otherwise is clearly superior to Tauchman. This suggests to me that Frazier is going to be traded.
    Or they don't want him to play on a completely unknown field or just sit on the bench
    Assistant to the Manager
    Analytical Department of Analytics

Hope Frazier is one of the kids who will put his head down, work hard and prove his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post

I donít care about the attitude issue, and I really donít think itís a major issue with the FO either. The defense is another story. He has looked worse than bad in the field, one game just clearly flustered and unsure where he and the CFíer were on plays. There is no way the team is going to fly to the U.K. and let him play left field right now. Even if Gardner was injured Iím not sure theyíd start him over Tauchman.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I donít care about the attitude issue, and I really donít think itís a major issue with the FO either. The defense is another story. He has looked worse than bad in the field, one game just clearly flustered and unsure where he and the CFíer were on plays. There is no way the team is going to fly to the U.K. and let him play left field right now. Even if Gardner was injured Iím not sure theyíd start him over Tauchman.
    Here's some encouraging news on that front:

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/06/h...sive-work.html

The 24-year-old has been impressing those around him with his work ethic since his June 17 demotion, big-league outfield coordinator Reggie Willits said before a 4-3 win over the Blue Jays at Yankee Stadium on Tuesday night.

ďThe reports Iíve been getting is that heís working extremely hard down there,Ē Willits said. ďYouíve got to give him a lot of credit for the effort heís putting in. Most players, when they put that kind of time and effort in, it usually continues to progress forward, and thatís what I think is happening.Ē

ďThereís a lot of stuff heís worked on with his first step that has really improved and now itís just fine-tuning some things in his reads, fine-tuning some things that help him on the backend of plays,Ē Willits said.

ďLike plays against walls. Everybody thinks itís a fear of the wall. A lot of the times itís not. A lot of times itís whatís happening in the middle thatís not giving him the time to do that. Itís just him communicating with me, and me communicating with him, and getting good feedback."
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Here's some encouraging news on that front:

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2019/06/h...sive-work.html
    I hope he can get his defense straightened out, but I'm not overly optimistic. It certainly won't happen over night. It's not like he just switched from the infield. He has been a professional outfielder in the minors since he was drafted in 2013. Have they just completely ignored his atrocious defense this whole time? Some people are just like don't worry, the defense will come in time. That's not necessarily true. The fact that they went with Tauchman over him says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Trader View Post
    I hope he can get his defense straightened out, but I'm not overly optimistic. It certainly won't happen over night. It's not like he just switched from the infield. He has been a professional outfielder in the minors since he was drafted in 2013. Have they just completely ignored his atrocious defense this whole time? Some people are just like don't worry, the defense will come in time. That's not necessarily true. The fact that they went with Tauchman over him says a lot.
    Yeah, thatís the thing: its his seventh year of professional baseball as an outfielder.

Thread Information