+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Re: 2019 Gio Urshela Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Has there ever been a Yankees' Co-MVP because I would award it to DJ LeMahieu and Gio Urshela?
    DJ’s versatility to play multiple positions make him my MVP. Given that the result has been the best record in baseball, that also makes him the league MVP in my book.

It will be a furious battle for the AL BA title between LeMahieu, Urshela, Devers and Brantley.

NYYF Legend

It will be a furious battle for the AL BA title between LeMahieu, Urshela, Devers and Brantley.
    Urshela probably won't qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    Urshela probably won't qualify.
    You are probably correct because Boone likes to rest infielders more than the outfielders and the 3B hot corner is not easy to man.

You are probably correct because Boone likes to rest infielders more than the outfielders and the 3B hot corner is not easy to man.
    It'll be close, but I like to think the Yankees won't gib him of a potential batting title apparently.

As for Michael Brantley, I wanted him as a FA. Imagine him and DJ in this lineup?

NYYF Legend

Gio
    should play third every day and BJ should play first every day. Make Voit DH some days with Gary when he needs a break from catching.

Urshela is 8 PAs short of qualifying. Given a day off in the next two weeks, he should qualify by then, or around Sept. 10th, give or take a few days.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

He's now 4 PAs short. His average of .330 falls to .326 with 4 outs added. Michael Brantley leads at .337, and LeMahieu is second at .333. If Gregorius comes back and Torres plays second, LaMahieu must play first over Ford or third over Urshela unless one of them is the DH. If LeMahieu, Torres, Gregorius, and Voit play on Friday, Urshela will be on the bench and Ford will be on the bench or in AAA unless an infielder is the DH. If all of them stay healthy and Encarnacion comes back, there could be less room for Urshela.

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    He's now 4 PAs short. His average of .330 falls to .326 with 4 outs added. Michael Brantley leads at .337, and LeMahieu is second at .333. If Gregorius comes back and Torres plays second, LaMahieu must play first over Ford or third over Urshela unless one of them is the DH. If LeMahieu, Torres, Gregorius, and Voit play on Friday, Urshela will be on the bench and Ford will be on the bench or in AAA unless an infielder is the DH. If all of them stay healthy and Encarnacion comes back, there could be less room for Urshela.
    Unless Urshela falls off a cliff in September, he's the every day third baseman right through the postseason and DJ plays first. That's the best defensive combination. Barring injuries, Voit and Encarnacion should battle for DH at bats and Ford won't be in the picture at all. In the meantime Urshela will get one or two days off per week but should still be able to qualify.
    Let the kids play.

Goes on the 10 day DL with groin tightness.

Rules him out for a potential batting title I'm guessing, but smart to make sure he's 100% the rest of the way. Groin injuries are no joke.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    Goes on the 10 day DL with groin tightness.

Rules him out for a potential batting title I'm guessing, but smart to make sure he's 100% the rest of the way. Groin injuries are no joke.
    Bummer but solves that Voit/Ford issue as Voit will take Gio's spot. Hopefully he's back in 10 days and it's not something that lingers.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Bummer but solves that Voit/Ford issue as Voit will take Gio's spot. Hopefully he's back in 10 days and it's not something that lingers.
    I guess this will end his chance of qualifying for the batting title.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    It's amazing how every time we think a roster crunch is gonna happen, another injury pops up. And then finding these players out of nowhere that are contributing way more than we ever thought possible.

This has just been a very weird season lol

NYYF Legend

It's amazing how every time we think a roster crunch is gonna happen, another injury pops up. And then finding these players out of nowhere that are contributing way more than we ever thought possible.

Yeah Thiaro Estrada will probably come off the IL in a couple of days and go 8-12 while Gio is on the IL. It's been that kind of season.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ball 2008 View Post
    Probably. Hope DJ can take the title.

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Ball 2008 View Post
    Yep. I doubt the Yankees would have had him playing all the games any-way to get enough AB's. I hope its a short stay & he comes back hitting just as well as he has been this season...
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...Ö
    "Yankees are now a Fully Operational Dollar Store"

NYYF Legend

One might think the Yankees are inducing these injuries to keep the crunch at bay.

Your turn Gio.
    Just win!

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    One might think the Yankees are inducing these injuries to keep the crunch at bay.

Your turn Gio.

This was my first thought as well....it is all too convenient. Yankee politics cost Gio a possible batting title.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBoysKaosHavoK View Post
    Yep. I doubt the Yankees would have had him playing all the games any-way to get enough AB's. I hope its a short stay & he comes back hitting just as well as he has been this season...
    Without the injury he would have had plenty of PAs to qualify even if he was rested every 5 or so days. He has virtually no chance now.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Without the injury he would have had plenty of PAs to qualify even if he was rested every 5 or so days. He has virtually no chance now.
    I am not too sure that he would. With a healthy Didi, Torres and DJL plus meaningless games down the stretch there may not be enough starts or at-bats for him. Fans seem to forget that Gio is a utility infielder and his playing time has been contingent on the health and rest of the other infielders. Voit has more at-bats and he missed 4 weeks.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Fans seem to forget that Gio is a utility infielder and his playing time has been contingent on the health and rest of the other infielders.
    Ah, what? Gio is in no way a utility infielder this season with how he's played lol

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Agree. He was on pace to qualify before the injury. Would've loved to hear the Cashman critics if Gio went from scrap heap to batting title.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post

Your turn Gio.
    I love a good conspiracy theory. I think the Yanks took note of the way the Dodgers used their "depth" last season, and learned the importance of being 40 men deep.

The "Next Man Up" philosophy isn't just for playing time, it's for resting time also
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

NYYF Legend

Ah, what? Gio is in no way a utility infielder this season with how he's played lol
    Iím not talking about how he has played. I am talking about how he has been used.
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Any chance he still gets a shot at the batting title?

Thread Information