+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12

Re: 2019 Gary Sanchez performance thread

In today's afternoon game so far, Gary hit his 21st HR and drove in 3 RBIs in the first inning.

It will be exciting to see Gary and Edwin battle each other for the AL homerun title.

With Boone now consistently pencilling Gary to hit cleanup, that's a good indicator that management believes he's the team best all around player.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    With Boone now consistently pencilling Gary to hit cleanup, that's a good indicator that management believes he's the team best all around player.
    This post made me look up Gary's stats:

As a #3 hitter: 83 PAs, 10HR 20 RBI .338/.410/1.193
    As a #4 hitter: 120 PAs, 10HR 28 RBI .231/.300/.856

Interesting. I'd like to see him more @ #3 in the lineup. Encarnacion can protect him as the cleanup man, with Stanton protecting Encarnacion.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Seriously, was there ever a time anyone said that a team's "best all around player" should bat fourth? For decades that was always the #3 hitter, until the recent trend toward putting that player even higher in the order.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Thread Information