+ Reply to Thread

2019 Weather Performance Thread

Game 3, first home rain delay. March baseball in the northeast just isn't smart.

Edit: Game delay was 3:17.

4/12. Started the game in the rain, played in the rain until the 7th, game did not resume.
    Last edited by Bub; 04-12-19 at 09:47 PM.
    Let the kids play.

Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

nope, we should really just get our west coast trip done to start the year.

More reasons for a retractable roof though.

NYYF Legend

I know that money drives the game, but the season is simply too long. To start the season before April 15th is insane. To have to be still playing WS games in November is just as insane.
    Just my opinion.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nome View Post
    I know that money drives the game, but the season is simply too long. To start the season before April 15th is insane. To have to be still playing WS games in November is just as insane.
    Just my opinion.

Andy
    I agree

Today was a disaster but I put most the blame on the meteorologists. Numerous forecasts stated it would ran until 1:00 or so, not until after 4:00. Having an 8 year old with I had to leave around 3:15. Should put off buying any tickets including these $3.20 promotions until the day of game for April and May. Doesnít help the Yankees communicate nothing during these delays.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by nagledm View Post
    Today was a disaster but I put most the blame on the meteorologists. Numerous forecasts stated it would ran until 1:00 or so, not until after 4:00. Having an 8 year old with I had to leave around 3:15. Should put off buying any tickets including these $3.20 promotions until the day of game for April and May. Doesnít help the Yankees communicate nothing during these delays.
    Yes, though there needs to be:

-more communication with the fans on start time

-food stands need to be open the entire game and not the majority be closed by the 2nd inning

-a voucher for fans to come to another game. So many left early as they have things to do and are out the money now.

-when itís that empty and people are sitting around for hours, lax security a bit. The entire crowd could have fit in field mvp seats.

If my wife and son were not with I would have had no problem staying and seeing the entire game. With the 3 hour commute each way we stayed as long as possible. I'll need to wait until midweek next week before getting anything for either 4/13 or 4/14 to have certainty on the weather forecast first. Thankfully we didn't spend a single dime inside the stadium, but between gas, parking, outside food, and trains it cost $100 to get three calendars and go home with nothing else.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Yes, though there needs to be:

-more communication with the fans on start time

-food stands need to be open the entire game and not the majority be closed by the 2nd inning

-a voucher for fans to come to another game. So many left early as they have things to do and are out the money now.

-when itís that empty and people are sitting around for hours, lax security a bit. The entire crowd could have fit in field mvp seats.

I agree with everything that you said. the post before you blamed the forecasters, but what they do is forecast not predict. No one has been invented yet who can exactly predict the weather. That said, Management could have done a far better job communicationg on a regular basis with the fans.

I love baseball but a game in early April with that weather, well I would have left when the tarp first came out. Those who stayed deserve a medal.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Quote Originally Posted by nagledm View Post
    If my wife and son were not with I would have had no problem staying and seeing the entire game. With the 3 hour commute each way we stayed as long as possible. I'll need to wait until midweek next week before getting anything for either 4/13 or 4/14 to have certainty on the weather forecast first. Thankfully we didn't spend a single dime inside the stadium, but between gas, parking, outside food, and trains it cost $100 to get three calendars and go home with nothing else.
    That stinks. I'm about the same distance away, and my estimate of rainouts/delays over the past 40 years is probably in the 10-15% range. I attend far fewer games now as a result. My only tickets so far this season are for a game in Toronto, so that game is safe. Worth the extra 3 hours of driving, plus great seats at a fraction of the cost of a similar seat at the Stadium.
    Let the kids play.

Hope is eternal

We left around 2:30. Mainly as there was no start time from what we knew but more so it was too damn cold. Glad we left
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

NYYF Triple Crown

Last year there was one postponed game in April and two in July. I suspect most years the rainouts are in the summer with thunderstorms, lightning etc. Itís just cold in April or May so we remember that more.

Miserable night for Bernie Bobblehead. Steady rain from the beginning up to the stop of play in the 7th. Had to watch horrible pitching to boot.
    Let the kids play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Miserable night for Bernie Bobblehead. Steady rain from the beginning up to the stop of play in the 7th. Had to watch horrible pitching to boot.
    I found something else to do. Well, my wife found something else for me to do.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Cy Young

As awful as yesterday was, today was gorgeous. One of the best April days in a very long time. I didnít need a jacket and it wasnít hot either.

Thread Information