+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8
    Forum Regular

Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by dstoffa View Post
    Well, there is precedence for doing it differently.

In 2006, Game 1 of the NLCS got rained out. The Mets were hosting Games 1, 2, 6, and 7.

Not sure if it was the Mets who made the call, or the League Office, but the powers that be decided to only inconvenience one set of fans. What they did was, allow those with Home Game 2 tickets attend Game 1 - which was played on the day that it would have been had Game 1 been rained out, and those who had Home Game 1 tickets attended teh 2nd home game two days later. This way, if you had Home Game 2 tickets, and made arrangements, your schedule would not be changed - you'd see a game on the day you thought you were going to see it.

This approach could have been taken here... Home Game 3 goes on Thursday. Home Game 2 on Friday - only inconveniencing one set of fans, not both sets of fans. This scenario may not help you, should it have been applied here.

Looks like your only recourse is resale. Good luck.
    I agree with you there. I can go Friday but I can't go Tomorrow. Would've worked out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    I agree with you there. I can go Friday but I can't go Tomorrow. Would've worked out that way.
    I get why they do it the way they do. But, upsetting the apple cart twice seems dumb compared to just doing it one time.

Would be good if they had some sort of ticket exchange or ticket holder communication help. There are probably people who got pushed off Thursday and can't go Friday in addition to people who got pushed Wed to Thurs who can't go and could Friday. Everyone has to turn to the secondary market, which is going to be flooded. And now the Yankee stadium crowd everyone has been touting as an advantage is going to be cut down for both games.

Forum Regular

Anyone who purchased on Ticketmaster the refund link is now there. So it's against Yankee Press Release Language but it's there and working.

NYYF Legend

Thread Information