+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 179
  1. #151
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    this is true if you are doing an exchange. However for rainouts I believe that you can exchange for any other game at no additional charge
    Maybe for the same tier. But not a higher one.

  2. #152
    Released Outright
    Join Date
    Mar 2014

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    don't think we'll get both games in today. Thanks a lot global warming.

  3. #153
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nyy42 View Post
    don't think we'll get both games in today. Thanks a lot global warming.
    Common off day on July 29th. I might add can never remember being finished with the Rays at home on July 18th.

  4. #154
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Going to play today? Forecast looks kind of crummy.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

  5. #155
    NYYF Cy Young

    Messerwhitescooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    the 'burbs

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Accuweather says the thunderstorms should let up by 2 PM, but more coming in at 3 PM. Another let up at 4-5 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubeFmHEVzQ0

  6. #156

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Forecast for a rainy Wednesday, if postponed thinking ALCS home game 2 will be 8:00 Thursday.

    Does anyone know if they postpone Wednesday's game what time the ALCS home game 3 will be on Friday?

  7. #157

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeSTH View Post
    Forecast for a rainy Wednesday, if postponed thinking ALCS home game 2 will be 8:00 Thursday.

    Does anyone know if they postpone Wednesday's game what time the ALCS home game 3 will be on Friday?
    My guess is we’ll be the early game (4 PM) on Friday night, allowing more time to fly to Houston for a game 6 Saturday.

  8. #158

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    My guess is we’ll be the early game (4 PM) on Friday night, allowing more time to fly to Houston for a game 6 Saturday.
    At least if the Cards improve on their 0.5 runs per game scoring average.

  9. #159
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Shouldn't there be a 2019 Post Season Weather Performance Thread?
    In "Kids in the Hall" I trust

  10. #160
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    My guess is we’ll be the early game (4 PM) on Friday night, allowing more time to fly to Houston for a game 6 Saturday.
    But if Washington sweeps the Cards they might play at 8.

  11. #161
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    But if Washington sweeps the Cards they might play at 8.
    Saturday’s game is 4 in Houston. Friday’s game would have to be at 1 or 4-5 the latest in order to get to Houston at reasonable hour. They might end up pushing Saturday back to 8

  12. #162
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Saturday’s game is 4 in Houston. Friday’s game would have to be at 1 or 4-5 the latest in order to get to Houston at reasonable hour. They might end up pushing Saturday back to 8
    Saturday gets pushed back to 8 if the NLCS is over by then. That has been the standard procedure for years.

  13. #163
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkdaman1818 View Post
    My guess is we’ll be the early game (4 PM) on Friday night, allowing more time to fly to Houston for a game 6 Saturday.

    FS1 has a college football game on Friday night and FOX has WWE Smackdown. I wonder if, even though there's no other game, they force us to play an afternoon game on Friday.


  14. #164
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    FS1 has a college football game on Friday night and FOX has WWE Smackdown. I wonder if, even though there's no other game, they force us to play an afternoon game on Friday.
    As someone who will be at the game I hope it's in the afternoon. Given that every game goes almost 4 hours.

  15. #165
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    As someone who will be at the game I hope it's in the afternoon. Given that every game goes almost 4 hours.
    No way. With working 9-5 a 4pm game is horrible logistically. And the person I’m going with is going to have to rush to find a babysitter since no one else is home or around at that time. It’s really short notice to have to completely change work and babysitter schedules.

    It’s also Friday night so if it goes late so be it.

  16. #166
    Senior Member
    oldandintheway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manhasset, NY

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    Saturday’s game is 4 in Houston. Friday’s game would have to be at 1 or 4-5 the latest in order to get to Houston at reasonable hour. They might end up pushing Saturday back to 8

    Saturday @ 8 PM and Friday starting anytime between 4 and 7 PM would be OK by me.....and I'm going to the game.

  17. #167

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    Saturday @ 8 PM and Friday starting anytime between 4 and 7 PM would be OK by me.....and I'm going to the game.
    Now that the Nats swept, every game will be scheduled for 8pm ET, with the possible exception of Friday's game because of travel (but the TV people are going to push for 8pm), they'll move something to FS2 if they have to.

  18. #168
    Senior Member
    oldandintheway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manhasset, NY

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gullo317 View Post
    Now that the Nats swept, every game will be scheduled for 8pm ET, with the possible exception of Friday's game because of travel (but the TV people are going to push for 8pm), they'll move something to FS2 if they have to.

    The MLB web site already has posted Sat. @ 8 PM now....so the only issue is Friday's start time...an 8 PM Friday start means the players would get to their Houston hotel just about as the sun comes up there on Saturday....not good

  19. #169

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by oldandintheway View Post
    The MLB web site already has posted Sat. @ 8 PM now....so the only issue is Friday's start time...an 8 PM Friday start means the players would get to their Houston hotel just about as the sun comes up there on Saturday....not good
    Yea, I think we get a weird start time. Not quite 4pm, not 8pm either. The TV end will be pushing for late, MLB will be on the other end. I'll guess 5:30 start time.

  20. #170
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Check this out- the Ohio State game is being moved to BTN if the Yankee game is rained out today and plays Friday. To me that means it’s an 8pm start since Ohio state game starts at 8:30

    https://twitter.com/mroh1o/status/11...877429761?s=21

  21. #171
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Jim Beam

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Check this out- the Ohio State game is being moved to BTN if the Yankee game is rained out today and plays Friday. To me that means it’s an 8pm start since Ohio state game starts at 8:30

    https://twitter.com/mroh1o/status/11...877429761?s=21
    Even if Yankee game starts at 4 or 5 the networks need to leave 4 hrs these days to allow for slow pace of game or extra innings.

    I still think that it will be late afternoon start to avoid getting into Houston in the wee hours

  22. #172
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Westchester

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Officially postponed. Friday is a 7:08 start.

  23. #173
    NYYF Legend

    ymike673's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn,NY

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yankeesrule View Post
    Officially postponed. Friday is a 7:08 start.
    Well better than 8.

  24. #174
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Wayne, NJ

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    So what happens if you have tickets for today but can't go tomorrow? Bought direct from Yanks...

    "Wednesday, October 16 vs. Astros
    TONIGHT'S YANKEES-ASTROS 2019 ALCS GAME 4 IS POSTPONED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER; RESCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17 AT 8:08 P.M. (ET)

    Major League Baseball has announced that tonight's ALCS Game 4 between the New York Yankees and Houston Astros at Yankee Stadium has been postponed due to inclement weather. The game is rescheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, October 17, at 8:08 p.m. ET. All Stadium gates will open tomorrow at 5:30 p.m.

    Fans holding tickets for Wednesday's postponed game (marked with "ALCS Home Game 2" for Yankee Stadium) must use them for the rescheduled game between the Yankees and Astros on Thursday, October 17 at 8:08 p.m. ET.

    Please note that the only valid tickets for Thursday's rescheduled game are those marked with "ALCS Home Game 2," and that there are no refunds or exchanges for tickets to the postponed game.

    Tickets marked "ALCS Home Game 3" at Yankee Stadium will be valid for the game to be played on Friday, October 18 at 7:08 p.m. ET. Please also note that there are no refunds or exchanges for tickets to "ALCS Home Game 3." All Stadium gates on Friday will open to fans at 4:30 p.m."


    This is bull. Spent $500 per ticket on tickets to be told can't use them... Even if I sell them the value is worse.

  25. #175

    Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arod7593 View Post
    So what happens if you have tickets for today but can't go tomorrow? Bought direct from Yanks...

    "Wednesday, October 16 vs. Astros
    TONIGHT'S YANKEES-ASTROS 2019 ALCS GAME 4 IS POSTPONED DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER; RESCHEDULED FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17 AT 8:08 P.M. (ET)

    Major League Baseball has announced that tonight's ALCS Game 4 between the New York Yankees and Houston Astros at Yankee Stadium has been postponed due to inclement weather. The game is rescheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, October 17, at 8:08 p.m. ET. All Stadium gates will open tomorrow at 5:30 p.m.

    Fans holding tickets for Wednesday's postponed game (marked with "ALCS Home Game 2" for Yankee Stadium) must use them for the rescheduled game between the Yankees and Astros on Thursday, October 17 at 8:08 p.m. ET.

    Please note that the only valid tickets for Thursday's rescheduled game are those marked with "ALCS Home Game 2," and that there are no refunds or exchanges for tickets to the postponed game.

    Tickets marked "ALCS Home Game 3" at Yankee Stadium will be valid for the game to be played on Friday, October 18 at 7:08 p.m. ET. Please also note that there are no refunds or exchanges for tickets to "ALCS Home Game 3." All Stadium gates on Friday will open to fans at 4:30 p.m."

    Well, there is precedence for doing it differently.

    In 2006, Game 1 of the NLCS got rained out. The Mets were hosting Games 1, 2, 6, and 7.

    Not sure if it was the Mets who made the call, or the League Office, but the powers that be decided to only inconvenience one set of fans. What they did was, allow those with Home Game 2 tickets attend Game 1 - which was played on the day that it would have been had Game 1 been rained out, and those who had Home Game 1 tickets attended teh 2nd home game two days later. This way, if you had Home Game 2 tickets, and made arrangements, your schedule would not be changed - you'd see a game on the day you thought you were going to see it.

    This approach could have been taken here... Home Game 3 goes on Thursday. Home Game 2 on Friday - only inconveniencing one set of fans, not both sets of fans. This scenario may not help you, should it have been applied here.

    This is bull. Spent $500 per ticket on tickets to be told can't use them... Even if I sell them the value is worse.
    Looks like your only recourse is resale. Good luck.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts