+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 Weather Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    Think of how cranky that will make John and Suzyn?
    They'll get over it as long as none of the fans or vendors near the booth yell too loudly.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by -tz View Post
    They'll open the gates for the 4pm start and hope they can begin the game by 7PM.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Hopefully the umpires show some common sense. If Hal was in control of this game he would keep us there until midnight.
    Hal is in charge. Before the game, the home team makes the call on whether to start or not. Once the game starts, then itís in the hands of the umpires.

Theyíll do everything they can to get this game in because itís the last day the Twins are in NY. Rescheduling games like this is never easy. Itíll end up with some situation where the Yankees play a series in Houston, fly back for one game against the Twins in NY, then fly back out for a series in KC. Something like that.

$7 per ticket retractable roof surcharge for 15 years. I think most would gladly pay it. No more sitting in drizzle, cold, wind and waiting out one delay after another, not to mention days like this where you have to decide whether or not to risk driving into the city, some from hours away, only to be turned away.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Hal is in charge. Before the game, the home team makes the call on whether to start or not. Once the game starts, then itís in the hands of the umpires.

Theyíll do everything they can to get this game in because itís the last day the Twins are in NY. Rescheduling games like this is never easy. Itíll end up with some situation where the Yankees play a series in Houston, fly back for one game against the Twins in NY, then fly back out for a series in KC. Something like that.
    Not true. If it's the last game between the two teams the umpires decide and can call it.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    $7 per ticket retractable roof surcharge for 15 years. I think most would gladly pay it. No more sitting in drizzle, cold, wind and waiting out one delay after another, not to mention days like this where you have to decide whether or not to risk driving into the city, some from hours away, only to be turned away.
    Probably can't be done now. A retractable dome is not something you can add in the off season.

Not true. If it's the last game between the two teams the umpires decide and can call it.
    I stand corrected. Right on the general rule, wrong on the specific situation.

Probably can't be done now. A retractable dome is not something you can add in the off season.
    Theyíd have to play at Citifield for a season. Other question is how much modification is required before they can begin? Has to cost millions more than if they built the roof to begin with.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Theyíd have to play at Citifield for a season. Other question is how much modification is required before they can begin? Has to cost millions more than if they built the roof to begin with.
    Does any other northern city have a baseball stadium with a retractable roof?

Gonna be a lot of sick little kids staying home from school tomorrow morning if they try to play this one.

Does any other northern city have a baseball stadium with a retractable roof?
    Toronto
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

NYYF Legend

Toronto
    I should have said, "any other Northern, sub-Arctic city."

Seattle?
    Let the kids play.

So I guess Hal knew what he was doing by moving the game to 4PM
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

Not sure but I think there's a lot of beer there. Go Brewers!
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    So I guess Hal knew what he was doing by moving the game to 4PM
    I for one would like to commend the Yanks. They get a lot of grief for often doing the wrong thing. Not only did they postpone the start of the game but they gave everyone plenty of notice of the new game time.

NYYF Cy Young

Seattle and Milwaukee

Released Outright

i should have proposed this idea last year when I got blasted for the thought of mentioning retractable roofs

NYYF Legend

Rain predicted all day until about 10 PM tonight with temps in the upper 40s. Think just once the Yankees could just do the right thing and call this game early? The Orioles do have another 5 games scheduled at YS this season.

Rain predicted all day until about 10 PM tonight with temps in the upper 40s. Think just once the Yankees could just do the right thing and call this game early? The Orioles do have another 5 games scheduled at YS this season.
    You've been going to games for years. Can you recall any other years where the spring was this cold and miserable?
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

You've been going to games for years. Can you recall any other years where the spring was this cold and miserable?
    I can remember a few Aprils but not going this late into May. And really the rain pattern goes back to last July. It seems to rain every 4 or 5 days and lots of heavy rain. Not much snow last winter but plenty of rain. Supposed to be nice this weekend with temps in the upper 70s.

NYYF Legend

Lots of rainouts up and down the east coast so far this season. Except the Yankees who act like they play in a domed stadium.

NYYF Cy Young

They seem to push the envelope more and more as to the weather they play through, too. I canít remember any other season where we have let so many of our tickets go to waste because we refuse to sit through cold rainy games! Itís a reason to re-think a full season package!

Thread Information