+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 379
  1. #1
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Love this dude. I’m glad he started off well. I spent a lot of time defending him at the time of the acquisition. I was thrilled we got him, and surprised at the amount of hate it got. He’s an almost super utility guy and gets on base. What a really good day today. He made like 3 sick plays and another 2 really good ones. If Voit had picked that one throw late in the game it would have been a web gem.

    First time I’ve ever made a player performance thread! Glad I got to do it with a player I was already a huge fan of!
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  2. #2
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    My least favorite signing since Ellsbury. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

  3. #3
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    My least favorite signing since Ellsbury. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.
    well I believe enough to have started this thread and if he winds up being a dud you can all destroy me that first post will be there for everyone to see for the entire season. Not getting buried.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    My least favorite signing since Ellsbury. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.
    I like the Britton one even less.

  5. #5
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    The worst move was not signing Harper. The second is not grabbing Keuchel.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  6. #6
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Iím not a big fan of the signing, but he made a bunch of plays today that Andķjar can only dream about.

  7. #7
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Iím not a big fan of the signing, but he made a bunch of plays today that Andķjar can only dream about.
    I think Machado could have made those plays.
    In "Kids in the Hall" I trust

  8. #8
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    I think Machado could have made those plays.
    for 10 times the dollar amount

    Of course Machado would have been a better get. But I’m not letting that affect my opinion of DJL. Machado aside, he’s a very good player. And I’m convinced he’s going to wind up being a fan favorite.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  9. #9
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nassau County

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    He became the first Yankee from 1908 through now (probably ever) to have at least 5 plate appearances and reach without an error in every plate appearance in one of the Yankees' first three games in the player's first season with the Yankees.

  10. #10

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    A career .290 hitter with a good glove is on every GM's want list. Andujar can be trade bait for a young fire-baller.

  11. #11
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    My least favorite signing since Ellsbury. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.
    I wasnít thrilled with the signing but these are nowhere on the same level. Ellsbury signing everyone knew was terrible before the ink dried.

    DJL is an OK contact hitter with little power and a very good glove.

    Heís probably overpaid as a utility guy and Iíd have rather had Machado but DJL at least has some upside over 2 years while Ellsbury was a massive over pay in dollars and years right out of the gate and a knee jerk reaction to not signing Cano.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  12. #12
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Brooklyn

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    I wasnít thrilled with the signing but these are nowhere on the same level. Ellsbury signing everyone knew was terrible before the ink dried.

    DJL is an OK contact hitter with little power and a very good glove.

    Heís probably overpaid as a utility guy and Iíd have rather had Machado but DJL at least has some upside over 2 years while Ellsbury was a massive over pay in dollars and years right out of the gate and a knee jerk reaction to not signing Cano.
    I never said they were on the same level. It's literally the signing I liked the least since they signed Ellsbury.

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I never said they were on the same level. It's literally the signing I liked the least since they signed Ellsbury.
    Fair enough. I misunderstood your tone and assumed you dislike both almost equally.


    I think best case scenario with DJL over the next 2 season is an empty 300 average and positive contributions with the glove. There is value in that just not sure it's value equal to his contract.


    Worst case is he's a 240 hitter with no pop who winds up blocking some MiLB dude who has a break out.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  14. #14
    Devoted Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Paris

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Fair enough. I misunderstood your tone and assumed you dislike both almost equally.


    I think best case scenario with DJL over the next 2 season is an empty 300 average and positive contributions with the glove. There is value in that just not sure it's value equal to his contract.


    Worst case is he's a 240 hitter with no pop who winds up blocking some MiLB dude who has a break out.
    That's my problem with the signing. I don't think he was a bad addition, but you overpay for too many guys and it limits your opportunities later.

  15. #15
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    In light of what has happened to Andujar, you all better hope I'm right! I bet some of you are thankful about this deal now!
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  16. #16
    NYYF Legend

    kan_t's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    In light of what has happened to Andujar, you all better hope I'm right! I bet some of you are thankful about this deal now!
    I want Machado.

    The ship has sailed so I wish DJL all the best and love to see him proving all the doubters wrong.

  17. #17
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I want Machado.

    The ship has sailed so I wish DJL all the best and love to see him proving all the doubters wrong.
    I'm hoping so too, or I'm gonna be eating alot of crow. I know he will in no way replace his bat in the lineup, but at least we have a guy who will field the position as well as anyone. And he won't hurt us offensively.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  18. #18
    NYYF Legend

    Yankee Tripper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Left coast

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    In light of what has happened to Andujar, you all better hope I'm right! I bet some of you are thankful about this deal now!
    Well in light of what happened those of us who thought Macahdo was perfect fit from the start believe so more so.

    But like kan_T said that ship has sailed so here's hoping DJL adds an american league batting title to his national league one
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

  19. #19
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Sterling made that last out seem like a good play. Was it?
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  20. #20
    Hemi-Goodness DrNick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Sunrise, FLA

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Sterling made that last out seem like a good play. Was it?
    It was a line shot that he had to jump bout 3 inches off the ground...not really.
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    **This Space For Rent**

  21. #21
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by DrNick View Post
    It was a line shot that he had to jump bout 3 inches off the ground...not really.
    I didnít think so since I watched the post game show and they didnít show it.

    Nice article on DJL.

    https://bleedingyankeeblue.blogspot....bronx.html?m=1

    A two-time National League All-Star and a three-time Gold Glove Award winner over seven seasons with the Rockies, LeMahieu was one of the top second basemen available on a free-agent market that was crowded at that position,"
    LeMahieu has been clutch for the Yankees. He has also done damage at the plate as well, fighting off tough pitches and getting on base. It is still early, but LeMahieu has quietly done the job the Yankees desperately need him to do, consistently, every night with the injured list getting longer.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  22. #22
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    My boy is right on the middle of this rally right now.....
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  23. #23

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    They probably making fun of him in the locker room for going for singles and doubles.

  24. #24

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
    They probably making fun of him in the locker room for going for singles and doubles.
    The Yankees once had a singles and doubles dude named Ichiro and that signing didn't result in a World Series appearance.

    Let's hope DJL performs as well as Wade Boggs, another dude of the same ilk. Boggs did win a World Series while donning the Pinstripes.

  25. #25

    Re: 2019 DJ LeMahieu Performance Thread

    This professional hitter has been so hot that today's 1 for 3 lowered his BA.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts