+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Re: 2019 Gleyber Torres Thread

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    I love Gleyber, but through one year of playing, he’s one of the worst baserunners I’ve ever seen. That includes Posada.
    I've read comments that Torres has done well at SS defensively compared to his 2B play last season error-wise. Could the brain trust leave him at SS and slot returning Didi at 2B?

Urshela at 3B; Torres at SS; Didi/Estrada at 2B and Voit/LeMahieu at 1B.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    I've read comments that Torres has done well at SS defensively compared to his 2B play last season error-wise. Could the brain trust leave him at SS and slot returning Didi at 2B?

Urshela at 3B; Torres at SS; Didi/Estrada at 2B and Voit/LeMahieu at 1B.
    I think Torres is better at SS than he is at 2B but I think Didi is the better SS by a good notch (should he return healthy), so I'd keep Didi there, and not move him.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Torres stroked 2 HRs in Game 1 today and added another HR in Game 2 so far!

NYYF Legend

Torres stroked 2 HRs in Game 1 today and added another HR in Game 2 so far!
    You'd be a really good reporter on a forum where there was mild interest in the Yankees.
    No Yankees to the All Star Game, please. Let them all get 4 days of rest so they can play more real games.

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    You'd be a really good reporter on a forum where there was mild interest in the Yankees.
    Since I was 8 years old, the Bronx Bombers were my favorite baseball team!

NYYF Legend

Since I was 8 years old, the Bronx Bombers were my favorite baseball team!
    Cool beans. Me too. Actually I was 7 when I first started showing interest. Now I'm 60. Do the math, that's a lot of years.
    No Yankees to the All Star Game, please. Let them all get 4 days of rest so they can play more real games.

Cool beans. Me too. Actually I was 7 when I first started showing interest. Now I'm 60. Do the math, that's a lot of years.
    LOL! I am 66 so I beat you.

So you first started being interested in a tenth-place team? There werenít many of them.

NYYF Legend

LOL! I am 66 so I beat you.
    Beat me to old? OK. You got me.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    So you first started being interested in a tenth-place team? There werenít many of them.
    I did. Everyone was a Mets fan then. Not me. Thank goodness that little kid made the right decision way back when.

I did. Everyone was a Mets fan then. Not me. Thank goodness that little kid made the right decision way back when.
    As for me, I only made the Mets my second favorite team after they beat the 0's in the 1969 WS. It still hurts me when the Rusty Staub Mets lost to Dick Williams' A's after leading them 3-2 in the 1973 WS. Another high point was Gary Carter's 1986 Mets WS.

I just wished Bobby Valentine's 2000 Mets hadn't played Derek Jeter's Yankees.

Kid is a star

NYYF Legend

As for me, I only made the Mets my second favorite team after they beat the 0's in the 1969 WS. It still hurts me when the Rusty Staub Mets lost to Dick Williams' A's after leading them 3-2 in the 1973 WS. Another high point was Gary Carter's 1986 Mets WS.

I just wished Bobby Valentine's 2000 Mets hadn't played Derek Jeter's Yankees.
    It's my opinion that there is no such thing as a second favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Kid is a star
    Shame on those who doubted him.

Orioles gonna get Torres into the HoF in no time.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Phinstripes View Post

Orioles gonna get Torres into the HoF in no time.
    1.795 OPS
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

In this evening's game, Gleyber cracked another HR upping the Yankees' lead to 5-0 over the O's.

In this evening's game, Gleyber cracked another HR upping the Yankees' lead to 5-0 over the O's.
    2 homers.

Torres isn't in the starting lineup in today's matinee finale against his favorite whipping team the O's. I hope he isn't rusty tomorrow evening against the Royals.

Torres isn't in the starting lineup in today's matinee finale against his favorite whipping team the O's. I hope he isn't rusty tomorrow evening against the Royals.
    He pinch hit in the 9th drawing a walk and coming around to score the winning run.

NYYF Legend

I started watching and following the Yankees since I was seven and my father took me to see them play against the Philadelphia Aís. Iím 79 and never stopped my love of the Yanks. 😀

Did he really get a day off after the raking he’s been doing? I usually don’t criticize Boone as much as most but that is just dumb. He’s been slaughtering Baltimore pitchers. I get sanchez, day game after night. But Torres should have started.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Forum Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Melancynic View Post
    Shame on those who doubted him.

Although I've never "doubted him," I do have my doubts about what can be drawn (in positive terms and with respect to the season at large), for him or for the team generally, from the Yankees' general slaughter of the Orioles.

The O's are one of the lousier teams of recent memory. Given a mediocre to bad O's rotation and BP combined with a hatbox (ladies) ball park, this accounts for the HR barrage the Yanks have leveled against them. That not just Torres but the whole team are performing spectacularly against Baltimore is very nice. Let's see how they do against Boston, Houston, and the other better teams.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post
    Although I've never "doubted him," I do have my doubts about what can be drawn (in positive terms and with respect to the season at large), for him or for the team generally, from the Yankees' general slaughter of the Orioles.

The O's are one of the lousier teams of recent memory. Given a mediocre to bad O's rotation and BP combined with a hatbox (ladies) ball park, this accounts for the HR barrage the Yanks have leveled against them. That not just Torres but the whole team are performing spectacularly against Baltimore is very nice. Let's see how they do against Boston, Houston, and the other better teams.
    They are on a 26-8 run that has included games against the Red Sox, Rays and Twins - the best AL teams outside of Houston.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer View Post

Camden Yards is not the bandbox you think it is. The Orioles' pitchers stink, sure, but the park itself? Nah.

And yeah, they should be mopping up the bottom feeder teams. A .500 to .520 record against teams above .500 and a .700 against teams below it nets you a division title, right?
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Thread Information