+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 46 47 48 49
Results 1,201 to 1,211 of 1211
    NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 Aaron Boone Performance Thread

Ottavino was right back tonight and once again could not get an out.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Boone has learned nothing. You can try to fix a broken pitcher like Ottavino during the regular season. You can't during do or die playoff games. The Astros saw enough of Wade Miley and never pitched him again. Boone pitches his broken pitcher 7 straight games!
    http://vimel.ru/e6748

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Boone has learned nothing. You can try to fix a broken pitcher like Ottavino during the regular season. You can't during do or die playoff games. The Astros saw enough of Wade Miley and never pitched him again. Boone pitches his broken pitcher 7 straight games!
    Stupidity is repeatedly doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

This is when I totally lost it...I need my grief counselor to step up his game.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

I gave him a pass after game 2. But he keeps trotting him out there because its on the script I guess.

Sure the game was pretty much over the way the Yanks are hitting, but still, now isn't the time to "get him right", it's not the middle of the season and Boone really should know better. This isn't advanced baseball theory or analytics here.

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    The vaunted Yankees's bullpen was supposed to be the strength of this club yet a major cog (Ottavino) has been a bust in this ALCS. Even Chad Green wasn't effective. Yes, blame the starters for not eating up sufficient innings, i.e. at least six innings because the bullpen is now running on fumes with no day off between Game 4 and Game 5.

Just as the Twins haven't solved the Yankees in the playoffs ever, the Yankees, should they lose this series, will have lost to the Astros in three straight playoff series.

Remember in the 2016 World Series when the Cubbies were down 3-1 in that series and stormed back to defeat the Tribe?!

Aroldis Chapman may have to come in before the 8th inning to keep the game from spiralling out of control if the Yanks are behind in the game or if they are tied or leading by just one run. Whereas John Madden literally wore him out, Boone on the other hand gave Chapman a Club Med membership.

when the going gets tough ... JSG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    I had flipped,to politics for a while and saw references to Ottavino in the game thread. I thought they were desperation humor and basically lost my sheeeeeeee-it when I saw they were for real.

The only possible logic is Boone saw it as a flushed game and said, if we have any chance we’re gonna need this guy and gave him a throwaway change to get right. And he FFFFFs up again. Hard to make this stuff up.

All the right moves tonight, from the lineup to the pitching changes. Well done Booney.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    All the right moves tonight, from the lineup to the pitching changes. Well done Booney.
    Seconded. Big bounceback game. For Boone, for Paxton, for the team.

Thread Information