+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 25 26 27 28

Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    I know it is kinda off topic on a Voit thread, but for all the Gardner hate there is, my guess is that with a starting OF of Stanton (for now)-Hicks (injured)-Judge (will definitely miss games), they probably couldn't risk making Tauchman the 4th OF and only backup to CF. I'm hoping he is legit, but you can't deny that if Tauchman reverts to his Colorado form which is perfectly possibly, the Yankees would be SOL with a below Mendoza-line CF playing everyday. Gardner was a veteran who's offensive and defensive ceiling was limited compared to Mike, but also had a floor that was significantly higher than Tauchman for now. And even at his age, ironically the most likely OF to stay healthy the whole season compared to the starting three. If Tauchman proves to be a solid player and not an one-hit-wonder in 2020, I'm sure Gardner will not return in 2021.

Atleast in the case of Urshela reverting to pumpkin, they still have DJL capable of playing 3B adequately and worst case scenario Andujar's statue that could hit and stand at 3B.
    First, can we please stop with the "[Insert Player Name] HATE" meme any time someone makes a less than glowing comment about a player? I friggin love Brett Gardner. I defended him on these boards when he first came up from actual haters. I'd love nothing more than for him to sustain his newfound power in his late 30s, regain his OBP and defensive/baserunning skills and continue to sign 1 year deals if he could sustain that. Reality is, it's not likely. I can love Gardner and still be pragmatic. Even if he has a solid year in '20, I think it's time to pass the torch - or at a minimum, he should be competing everyday to start. His veteran status shouldn't outweigh actual production if Tauchman or anyone is materially outperforming him.

When you say "if Tauchman reverts to his Colorado form" you're talking specifically about his 59 AB over the course of two seasons, right? He had incredible '17/'18 results at AAA (even by PCL standards) and raked in 300 AB last year in NY (after getting off to a horrible start in SSS AB's like in Colorado). I am super confident in the Tauchness Monster.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    ...if Tauchman reverts to his Colorado form ....
    He didn't even get 70 Plate Appearances as a Rockie. That's not even enough to establish a "form." You'd need to look at his college and minor league numbers, which all indicate his 2019 performance is legit.

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post
    He didn't even get 70 Plate Appearances as a Rockie. That's not even enough to establish a "form." You'd need to look at his college and minor league numbers, which all indicate his 2019 performance is legit.
    Furthermore, he got 6 starts out of 21 games in 2018 & 0 starts in 21 games in 2017. To say his playing time in Colorado was sporadic would be an understatement.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    First, can we please stop with the "[Insert Player Name] HATE" meme any time someone makes a less than glowing comment about a player? I friggin love Brett Gardner. I defended him on these boards when he first came up from actual haters. I'd love nothing more than for him to sustain his newfound power in his late 30s, regain his OBP and defensive/baserunning skills and continue to sign 1 year deals if he could sustain that. Reality is, it's not likely. I can love Gardner and still be pragmatic.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

Thread Information