+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 92
  1. #26
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I have a lot of confidence this isn't the real Luke Voit. Years and years of mL numbers show a different guy than someone who would be this inept..
    Fingers crossed you're right, Snatch.

  2. #27
    NYYF Cy Young

    Stache Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I hope this isn't the real Luke Voit. Hopefully the real Voit is somewhere between this and what we saw last year.
    It's almost like hitting with RISP isn't a repeatable skill!
    Don't have a clue

  3. #28
    Do not vex me mortal Hitman23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    I hope he's alright. I expect a few days off now after that HBP in the hand. I haven't seen any news yet but I know Yankee roster tendencies.
    SIGN KEUCHEL!!!
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

  4. #29

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Stache Fan View Post
    It's almost like hitting with RISP isn't a repeatable skill!
    I donít know what his offensive ceiling is, but he is a butcher at first base. Defense is a major issue for this team but it gets very little attention.

  5. #30
    NYYF Legend

    Sixty one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Raritan, New Jersey

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    I still think that Bird is the long term first baseman. Major league pitchers are finding weaknesses in Voitís swing.

  6. #31
    I Hate Analytics SLURPEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn, New York

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I still think that Bird is the long term first baseman. Major league pitchers are finding weaknesses in Voit’s swing.
    This why I didn't get overly excited about him. He's not some young 21 y/o prospect either. And that hot streak game late in the season and not enough of the league saw him.

  7. #32

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I hope he's alright. I expect a few days off now after that HBP in the hand. I haven't seen any news yet but I know Yankee roster tendencies.
    I dunno, you're only supposed to bench players that homer.

  8. #33

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I still think that Bird is the long term first baseman. Major league pitchers are finding weaknesses in Voitís swing.
    More than likely that neither are.

  9. #34

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch View Post
    I have a lot of confidence this isn't the real Luke Voit. Years and years of mL numbers show a different guy than someone who would be this inept..
    House money vs expectaions. He was traded and had nothing to lose. Now, that he has a percieved expectation to produce, he's struggling. However, His fielding is as bad as advertised, maybe worse.

  10. #35
    NYYF Legend

    wexy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The BK

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    I texted Debbie that Voit homered yesterday. Autocorrect changed Voit to Vomit complete with puking emojis...
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

  11. #36
    NYYF Legend

    Snatch Catch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CA

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    House money vs expectaions. He was traded and had nothing to lose. Now, that he has a percieved expectation to produce, he's struggling. However, His fielding is as bad as advertised, maybe worse.
    I'm not buying that. He got traded to the biggest media market in the country, to the most famous franchise in sports, and was playing in games more meaningful than anything he'd ever experienced before in his life. The pressure was there in heaps and he not only produced, but kept on producing even after the spotlight was directed squarely at him.

    If you want to sell me on pitchers approaching him differently now that there's a book on him, or last year being a high point anomaly, then I'd totally buy that.

    To me, Voit has enough of a track record in the minors to feel confident that he's a Major League hitter/producer. Just how good of a Major League hitter is still the big question, but I personally don't think he's a flash in the pan that'll be out of the league in a couple of years.
    Jaret Wright's 2005 Cy Young Season: 20-3, 3.04 ERA

  12. #37
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I still think that Bird is the long term first baseman. Major league pitchers are finding weaknesses in Voitís swing.

    Those weaknesses they've apparently found in Voit's swing--do they complement those they've apparently found in Bird's swing?

  13. #38
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    I texted Debbie that Voit homered yesterday. Autocorrect changed Voit to Vomit complete with puking emojis...
    Where the hell have you been?
    Let the kids play.

  14. #39
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Still under the unfinished breezeway

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Where the hell have you been?
    http://www.nyyfansforum.com/search.php?searchid=16040
    Do not fear, all we want to do is talk.

    Only words, and then your thoughts.

  15. #40
    NYYF Legend


    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I live by the Sound

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    I texted Debbie that Voit homered yesterday. Autocorrect changed Voit to Vomit complete with puking emojis...
    Luke Vomit. I like it. I like it a lot. Makes him sound like a 1970s punk rocker. "Luke Vomit and the Sex Pistols."

  16. #41
    NYYF Legend

    Sixty one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Raritan, New Jersey

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    I have been high on Bird, but I think the time is right to get him more at bats at Scranton. He seems to have lost his confidence. Who knows, maybe they should have kept Austin?

  17. #42

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    If injuries had not decimated the starters on this team and if Greg Bird was performing stupendously, Luke Voit would have found his way to SWB AAA last week.

  18. #43

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I have been high on Bird, but I think the time is right to get him more at bats at Scranton. He seems to have lost his confidence. Who knows, maybe they should have kept Austin?
    Tyler Austin was recently traded by the Twinkies to the SF Giants.

  19. #44

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay View Post
    I donít know what his offensive ceiling is, but he is a butcher at first base. Defense is a major issue for this team but it gets very little attention.
    Normally, managers place weak defenders in either LF (Manny Ramirez, Alphonso Soriano, Johnny Damon) or 1B (Luke Voit, Big Papi).

  20. #45
    Tends to be difficult JL25and3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Normally, managers place weak defenders in either LF (Manny Ramirez, Alphonso Soriano, Johnny Damon) or 1B (Luke Voit, Big Papi).
    If Luke Voit hits like those guys for more than a couple of months, then you probably have to make do with his glove.

  21. #46

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Slowly but surely, Luke's BA is inching upwards to the tune of .200. He still leads the team in RBIs with 12.

  22. #47

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Slowly but surely, Luke's BA is inching upwards to the tune of .200. He still leads the team in RBIs with 12.
    I think he'll be fine.

  23. #48

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Luke drove in another run today, his 13th.

  24. #49
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I still think that Bird is the long term first baseman. Major league pitchers are finding weaknesses in Voitís swing.
    Is his weakness swinging through 93mph fastball down the middle of the plate?

    I really hoped Bird was the guy for first but it's not looking good.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  25. #50
    Forum Regular

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Toronto

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21 View Post
    Is his weakness swinging through 93mph fastball down the middle of the plate?

    I really hoped Bird was the guy for first but it's not looking good.

    Ouch.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Luke Voit Fan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts