+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Results 651 to 675 of 679
  1. #651

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Ford continues to look good at the plate. If Luke continues to falter, he might lose his spot as one of 13 position players. Luke looked bad last week for whatever reason.

  2. #652
    NYYF Legend

    -tz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    NYC

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    Ford continues to look good at the plate. If Luke continues to falter, he might lose his spot as one of 13 position players. Luke looked bad last week for whatever reason.
    I was just thinking that. Also, Ford is a lefty, which might work to his advantage.

  3. #653

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Not good.

  4. #654

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Not good.

    He needs to forget about trying to umpire and just swing the bat. He might get lucky and swing where the pitcher is throwing the ball. Does Boonie really want to see Voit against the Twins righthanders, or possibly against Verlander, Cole and Greinke? I would much rather take my chances with Ford. EE and Voit are the same player right now. Why take both?

  5. #655

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by yesteryearman View Post
    He needs to forget about trying to umpire and just swing the bat. He might get lucky and swing where the pitcher is throwing the ball. Does Boonie really want to see Voit against the Twins righthanders, or possibly against Verlander, Cole and Greinke? I would much rather take my chances with Ford. EE and Voit are the same player right now. Why take both?
    Voit is better against RHP this season than left with a 132 wRC+ which is better than EE and Ford, but it doesn’t matter right now because he’s struggling so bad right now against everyone

  6. #656

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    I like Voit a ton, but how can he start in the playoffs at this pace?

  7. #657
    NYYF Legend

    Sixty one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Raritan, New Jersey

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
    I like Voit a ton, but how can he start in the playoffs at this pace?
    will he be on the roster?🤔

  8. #658

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Anyone hear news of the details of the Voit/Cole #45 switch?

    I know at first they were going to keep it a secret, but I am still curious.

  9. #659
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by IAyankee View Post
    Anyone hear news of the details of the Voit/Cole #45 switch?

    I know at first they were going to keep it a secret, but I am still curious.
    Voit gave the number up for Cole (no word on compensation) and will wear #59 to honor his brother John who wore the number at West Point (2014-2017) and was a defensive captain his senior year.

    Gerrit Cole, Luke Voit keeping details of Yankees jersey switch a secret
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  10. #660
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    If I were to set the over/under at 26 HR for Voit in 2020, who's taking the over and who's taking the under? Barring time missed for significant injury, I'm taking the over.

  11. #661
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    If I were to set the over/under at 26 HR for Voit in 2020, who's taking the over and who's taking the under? Barring time missed for significant injury, I'm taking the over.
    I'll take the under. I'm guessing that his sports hernia has caused him to alter his massive strength workouts, and with a (hopefully) healthy Stanton and Ford on the roster all year he'll also get a few less at-bats than he would otherwise.
    Let the kids play.

  12. #662

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    If I were to set the over/under at 26 HR for Voit in 2020, who's taking the over and who's taking the under? Barring time missed for significant injury, I'm taking the over.
    I'll take a push.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  13. #663
    Super Moderator matt2351's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Manhattan, NY

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    If I were to set the over/under at 26 HR for Voit in 2020, who's taking the over and who's taking the under? Barring time missed for significant injury, I'm taking the over.
    I'll take the under.

  14. #664

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I'll take the under.
    I am hoping for the over

  15. #665
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    If I were to set the over/under at 26 HR for Voit in 2020, who's taking the over and who's taking the under? Barring time missed for significant injury, I'm taking the over.
    I'd take the over easily, and the over 35 HR mark if he learns to pull the ball. So very many would be HRs die in CF.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  16. #666

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I'd take the over easily, and the over 35 HR mark if he learns to pull the ball. So very many would be HRs die in CF.
    Trying to line this up with what you've said about Ford deserving to play 1B (or that the Yankees should be trading for an upgrade at 1B). Sounds like you expect Stanton to play a combination of left field and injured list so that Voit can get his ABs at DH.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  17. #667

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I'll take the under. I'm guessing that his sports hernia has caused him to alter his massive strength workouts, and with a (hopefully) healthy Stanton and Ford on the roster all year he'll also get a few less at-bats than he would otherwise.
    I was recently thinking that he wouldn’t even have been able to start lifting until some time in December. Even then I don’t imagine he would be able to max out for some time.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd



  18. #668
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Trying to line this up with what you've said about Ford deserving to play 1B (or that the Yankees should be trading for an upgrade at 1B). Sounds like you expect Stanton to play a combination of left field and injured list so that Voit can get his ABs at DH.
    Stanton DH'ing doesn't keep him healthy. Pretty much every injury in his career has come from him swinging a bat, him at the plate, him running bases, sliding into bases, ect....Stanton must play LF at 30 years old with 7 years left on his contract.
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  19. #669

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Stanton DH'ing doesn't keep him healthy. Pretty much every injury in his career has come from him swinging a bat, him at the plate, him running bases, sliding into bases, ect....Stanton must play LF at 30 years old with 7 years left on his contract.
    I agree with this. I don't think of him as a very athletic guy -- I really don't like his swing -- but it seems the defensive metrics don't hate him in LF.

    With a healthy Hicks, it becomes marginally more difficult for Voit to get the ABs of a full-time player, because if you want to play both Ford and Voit then Tauchman is benched.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  20. #670
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I agree with this. I don't think of him as a very athletic guy -- I really don't like his swing -- but it seems the defensive metrics don't hate him in LF.

    With a healthy Hicks, it becomes marginally more difficult for Voit to get the ABs of a full-time player, because if you want to play both Ford and Voit then Tauchman is benched.
    You take that back, good sir!

  21. #671

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    You take that back, good sir!
    I'm just drawing the logical conclusion.

    This team has a logjam if everyone is healthy, which I guess is a good problem to have. And I haven't even factored in the Brett Gardner question ... obviously the team was never fully healthy last year, but if they are in 2020 then it will be interesting to see if his veteran status puts him higher in the pecking order than he might otherwise deserve.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

  22. #672

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    I'm just drawing the logical conclusion.

    This team has a logjam if everyone is healthy, which I guess is a good problem to have. And I haven't even factored in the Brett Gardner question ... obviously the team was never fully healthy last year, but if they are in 2020 then it will be interesting to see if his veteran status puts him higher in the pecking order than he might otherwise deserve.
    They won’t be fully healthy in 2020 and even if they are performance will make the decisions easy. Plus the team loves rest days. If everything is rainbows and lollipops in 2020 then a lot of guys are going to have a lot time to rest up and stay fresh. Logjams are only a problem on paper. They are rarely a problem in practice.

    Gardy’s playing time will be interesting. He really should never play against LHP, but might for defensive purposes. And there will be plenty of playing time for Tauchman too as the 4th OF is basically another starter with injuries and rest days.

  23. #673
    New Murderer's Row False1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Arizona

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    They won’t be fully healthy in 2020 and even if they are performance will make the decisions easy. Plus the team loves rest days. If everything is rainbows and lollipops in 2020 then a lot of guys are going to have a lot time to rest up and stay fresh. Logjams are only a problem on paper. They are rarely a problem in practice.

    Gardy’s playing time will be interesting. He really should never play against LHP, but might for defensive purposes. And there will be plenty of playing time for Tauchman too as the 4th OF is basically another starter with injuries and rest days.
    My concern is that Tauchman will be effective enough that on any other team he'd be a starter, yet on the Yankees he will lose meaningful playing time because they re-signed a respected veteran. I could easily see Tauchman putting up an OPS >100 points higher, and still spending time on the bench because veteranz. At this point in their careers their defensive values are probably equivalent, if not slightly in favor of Tauchman. Tauchman will never be as good as Gardner was defensively when he first came up, but 29 year old Tauchman has as much range as 36 year old Gardner.

  24. #674
    NYYF Legend

    ClownPickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    San Diego

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    My concern is that Tauchman will be effective enough that on any other team he'd be a starter, yet on the Yankees he will lose meaningful playing time because they re-signed a respected veteran. I could easily see Tauchman putting up an OPS >100 points higher, and still spending time on the bench because veteranz. At this point in their careers their defensive values are probably equivalent, if not slightly in favor of Tauchman. Tauchman will never be as good as Gardner was defensively when he first came up, but 29 year old Tauchman has as much range as 36 year old Gardner.
    I don't even think it's close at this point. Tauchman is the much better defender.

    2019 OOA:
    Gardner: +1 LF/+2 CF (224 attempts)
    Tauchman: +6 LF/+2 CF/+1 RF (164 attempts)
    Calmer than you are

    7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

  25. #675

    Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

    I know it is kinda off topic on a Voit thread, but for all the Gardner hate there is, my guess is that with a starting OF of Stanton (for now)-Hicks (injured)-Judge (will definitely miss games), they probably couldn't risk making Tauchman the 4th OF and only backup to CF. I'm hoping he is legit, but you can't deny that if Tauchman reverts to his Colorado form which is perfectly possibly, the Yankees would be SOL with a below Mendoza-line CF playing everyday. Gardner was a veteran who's offensive and defensive ceiling was limited compared to Mike, but also had a floor that was significantly higher than Tauchman for now. And even at his age, ironically the most likely OF to stay healthy the whole season compared to the starting three. If Tauchman proves to be a solid player and not an one-hit-wonder in 2020, I'm sure Gardner will not return in 2021.

    Atleast in the case of Urshela reverting to pumpkin, they still have DJL capable of playing 3B adequately and worst case scenario Andujar's statue that could hit and stand at 3B.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts