+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 24 25 26 27

Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

Ford continues to look good at the plate. If Luke continues to falter, he might lose his spot as one of 13 position players. Luke looked bad last week for whatever reason.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rajah View Post
    Ford continues to look good at the plate. If Luke continues to falter, he might lose his spot as one of 13 position players. Luke looked bad last week for whatever reason.
    I was just thinking that. Also, Ford is a lefty, which might work to his advantage.

Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueYankee01 View Post
    Not good.

He needs to forget about trying to umpire and just swing the bat. He might get lucky and swing where the pitcher is throwing the ball. Does Boonie really want to see Voit against the Twins righthanders, or possibly against Verlander, Cole and Greinke? I would much rather take my chances with Ford. EE and Voit are the same player right now. Why take both?

Quote Originally Posted by yesteryearman View Post
    He needs to forget about trying to umpire and just swing the bat. He might get lucky and swing where the pitcher is throwing the ball. Does Boonie really want to see Voit against the Twins righthanders, or possibly against Verlander, Cole and Greinke? I would much rather take my chances with Ford. EE and Voit are the same player right now. Why take both?
    Voit is better against RHP this season than left with a 132 wRC+ which is better than EE and Ford, but it doesn’t matter right now because he’s struggling so bad right now against everyone

I like Voit a ton, but how can he start in the playoffs at this pace?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Slickman View Post
    I like Voit a ton, but how can he start in the playoffs at this pace?
    will he be on the roster?🤔

Anyone hear news of the details of the Voit/Cole #45 switch?

I know at first they were going to keep it a secret, but I am still curious.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by IAyankee View Post
    Anyone hear news of the details of the Voit/Cole #45 switch?

I know at first they were going to keep it a secret, but I am still curious.
    Voit gave the number up for Cole (no word on compensation) and will wear #59 to honor his brother John who wore the number at West Point (2014-2017) and was a defensive captain his senior year.

Gerrit Cole, Luke Voit keeping details of Yankees jersey switch a secret
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

If I were to set the over/under at 26 HR for Voit in 2020, who's taking the over and who's taking the under? Barring time missed for significant injury, I'm taking the over.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    If I were to set the over/under at 26 HR for Voit in 2020, who's taking the over and who's taking the under? Barring time missed for significant injury, I'm taking the over.
    I'll take the under. I'm guessing that his sports hernia has caused him to alter his massive strength workouts, and with a (hopefully) healthy Stanton and Ford on the roster all year he'll also get a few less at-bats than he would otherwise.
    Let the kids play.

I'll take a push.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

I'll take the under.

Quote Originally Posted by matt2351 View Post
    I'll take the under.
    I am hoping for the over

NYYF Legend

I'd take the over easily, and the over 35 HR mark if he learns to pull the ball. So very many would be HRs die in CF.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    I'd take the over easily, and the over 35 HR mark if he learns to pull the ball. So very many would be HRs die in CF.
    Trying to line this up with what you've said about Ford deserving to play 1B (or that the Yankees should be trading for an upgrade at 1B). Sounds like you expect Stanton to play a combination of left field and injured list so that Voit can get his ABs at DH.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    I'll take the under. I'm guessing that his sports hernia has caused him to alter his massive strength workouts, and with a (hopefully) healthy Stanton and Ford on the roster all year he'll also get a few less at-bats than he would otherwise.
    I was recently thinking that he wouldn’t even have been able to start lifting until some time in December. Even then I don’t imagine he would be able to max out for some time.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Thread Information