+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Re: 2019 Luke Voit Performance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Best case scenario, I think, would be for him to perform well over a sustained stretch at AAA and build up enough value to be traded for something we actually need. Luke Voit has won the 1B job.

Foolish to see it any other way at this point.... Heck just from a marketing perspective, you can't buy a Voit shirt, at least the cool ones. (All sold out).

He is receiving chants at other stadiums like all of them. Kind of weird and cool at the same time.

Speaking of which, 42 straight games. Half way to catch Ted Williams all time streak @ 84 games.
    Last edited by Luke Voit Fan; 05-03-19 at 06:24 PM.

Streak is over

Yeah it sucks.......

I hope he rebounds big time tomorrow and has a monster game. That would be sweet.

Atta boy Voit! Way to come back from a rough couple of games.

Voit has been scuffling at the plate of late. Could be the raining cold weather at Yankee Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksBeatBraves1996 View Post
    Voit has been scuffling at the plate of late. Could be the raining cold weather at Yankee Stadium.
    Totally agree

Besides the home run he had 2 games ago, he has been REEEEEELING...... Hope he breaks out of it soon!

NYYF Legend

Hopefully Bird is back soon. We need a good first sacker.
    The Good News: The rested Yankees will be ready for the Pennant Race that resting the Yankees will create!

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    It's not likely Greg Bird will be called up from AAA because Boone rested Voit this evening and played the versatile DJ LeMahieu at 1B and DJ went 2-4, scored the winning run, and is hitting a Rod Carewesque .348 BA.

It's not likely Greg Bird will be called up from AAA because Boone rested Voit this evening and played the versatile DJ LeMahieu at 1B and DJ went 2-4, scored the winning run, and is hitting a Rod Carewesque .348 BA.
    He sorely needed a day off, Voit was running on fumes.

It's good to see his approach is helping him improve however....

O-Swing % is 25.2% down ~4% from last year. His Z-Swing% is up from 71.9% to 76.1%. Clearly showing he is off to a great start with plate discipline.

IMO he has made one adjustment going from the lighter bat to help him handle inside pitches which he clearly has under control now...... Next up IMO is to either get back to getting in favorable counts such as 2 - 0, 3 - 0 or 3 - 1 or maybe adjusting his approach to jumping on 0 - 0 pitches.....

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Personally I hope the Bird experiment is over.

Voit had another "0 for" this evening. We cannot continue to just rely on Urshela, Maybin, Torres and LeMahieu every game.

Voit in May looks a lot like Didi did last May. A single and 2 homers in 30 at bats, with 3 walks equaling a .522 OPS. He's hit a few outs hard but he also has a little of that lost look on his face right now. Every player goes through something like this now and then so it'll be interesting to see how long it lasts and what he does to snap out of it.
    Let the kids play.

This is very disconcerting. His BA is .238. I hope this slump isn't due to him being complacent that he had beaten Bird for the 1B job because when Didi returns, LeMahieu could be tabbed to play 1B full time.

On base 3 times and scoring twice is a good game......

Personally I hope he keeps getting on base, it's a underrated part of his game. HBP and Walks are fine. Ultimately runs scores is what wins games from an offensive perspective. The bat will come around, he's been doubted before and went through a slump previously this season and busted out of it on the road on the west coast in some large parks. He'll be fine and then some.....

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Voit Fan View Post
    On base 3 times and scoring twice is a good game......

Personally I hope he keeps getting on base, it's a underrated part of his game. HBP and Walks are fine. Ultimately runs scores is what wins games from an offensive perspective. The bat will come around, he's been doubted before and went through a slump previously this season and busted out of it on the road on the west coast in some large parks. He'll be fine and then some.....
    In his last 11 games (45 PA), Voit is 3 for 35 (.086) with 8 walks and 2 HBP (.289 OBP). Two of his three hits were HRs, so his SLG is .257. In other words, he has stunk over the last 11 games.

I realize that this view is a SSS and I am not advocating that he be sat/sent down, but he needs to turn a corner and soon or he likely will be relegated to a lesser role.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

The thing is that Luke still leads the team in RBIs and second in HRs behind Sanchez. As someone said here as long as his OBP is high due to many walks and the HBPs and he scores a lot of runs, Boone will pencil him in as his regular 1B with LeMahieu relieving him on the occasion.

NYYF Legend

Iím not surprised. Hopefully, he finds a way to adjust his swing to what pitchers are doing to get him out. Too bad Bird canít stay healthy. I always thought he had the greater talent.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    Iím not surprised. Hopefully, he finds a way to adjust his swing to what pitchers are doing to get him out. Too bad Bird canít stay healthy. I always thought he had the greater talent.
    I wonder if swapping Tauchman (or even Andujar) for Mike Ford would help light a fire under Voit's seat? Right now, it seems like he has no fear of losing his 1B role, since DJL is the backup 1Bman. Bringing Ford back up and starting him over Voit might send the message needed to start him progressing in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimeyankeefan View Post
    I wonder if swapping Tauchman (or even Andujar) for Mike Ford would help light a fire under Voit's seat? Right now, it seems like he has no fear of losing his 1B role, since DJL is the backup 1Bman. Bringing Ford back up and starting him over Voit might send the message needed to start him progressing in the right direction.
    Heís 28 years old and has been mostly bouncing around the minors since 2013. I donít think heís suddenly become complacent and developed an attitude problem. I think heís just having a hitting problem.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Heís 28 years old and has been mostly bouncing around the minors since 2013. I donít think heís suddenly become complacent and developed an attitude problem. I think heís just having a hitting problem.
    Maybe so, but I wouldn't mind seeing an alternative on the roster when the only alternative available means moving DJL off of 2B. At least sit Luke for a game or two and let Estrada play 2B.

not as far from yankee stadium as i once was

Quote Originally Posted by Sixty one View Post
    I’m not surprised. Hopefully, he finds a way to adjust his swing to what pitchers are doing to get him out. Too bad Bird can’t stay healthy. I always thought he had the greater talent.
    I think Bird is permanently damaged from the shoulder injury. His swings appear much less explosive.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Morales signing have any impact on Voit? Will they transition Voit to a platoon type player?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Voit Fan View Post
    Will they transition Voit to a platoon type player?
    I donít see that happening.
    "Thurman (Munson) was indispensable and irreplaceable...." - Yankees Owner George Steinbrenner

Voit is really scuffling at the plate and Boone has to consider sitting him down in favor of 1B Morales however being that Luke still leads the team with 30 RBIs, that's not likely. Are we seeing the Yankees' version of Chris Davis?

Voit is really scuffling at the plate and Boone has to consider sitting him down in favor of 1B Morales however being that Luke still leads the team with 30 RBIs, that's not likely. Are we seeing the Yankees' version of Chris Davis?
    I admit I'm an alarmist at times and this is one of those times. He flat out stinks right now, in fact the whole month of May he stinks. It was like as soon as he got home he started to stink, like really bad.

I would force Voit to play all of May and if he doesn't pull out of this horrific month he might get sent to AAA.

Just curious how did he look at the plate? Did he swing at trash or did he just get blown away by superior stuff?

Thread Information