+ Reply to Thread
Page 336 of 336 FirstFirst ... 236 286 326 333 334 335 336
Results 8,376 to 8,389 of 8389
  1. #8376
    NYYF Legend

    ojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Canada's basement

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    Hey hello...you are the guy who solved my internet wifi issues! thanks!
    Hello right back at you!

    And you're welcome, glad I could help!
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

  2. #8377
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    I have watched the Yankees all my life and i can see very clear that there is no place for him here. As soon as he would make a error in the OF this whole place would be all over Boone for having him out there that is no way to play.. But we do not agree so that is that but i am not going to attack you like you did me sorry....
    ok you may be right. I apologize for my post. But I do think Frazier will be an impact player.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

  3. #8378

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    right---one of Frazier or Andujar is likely to be traded for pitching at some point. Frazier has more trade value but the Yankees have a greater need for OF than IF
    I love what Urshula has accomplished this year but is he a 1 year wonder (same as with Voit)?

    Anduhar is a MUCH better offensive player and younger. OF course his fielding has to improve.
    So did Wade Boggs have to improve.

    LEts not be Senior G.S. and be so impulsive

  4. #8379

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    I have never wanted a player traded this badly in my whole Yankee life. Please trade Frazier so this him playing in NY will stop. And what does he think Cashman is going to say to him after a 4 for 17 start down there and him admitting to taking 72 hours because he was mad just wow get over yourself already. I wish we could read the players minds about him leaving them hanging out to dry with the media and his Instagram stuff...


    Sorry like Gray in my mind New York is not for him. And yes 24 hours for his dogs is 1 thing but even admitting he took the extra time because he was mad was selfish which has always been his MO that i have seen.
    I could not disagree more.
    The world ,country, one's family and fav team is much better off with diversity of opinions.
    With the Yankees, it makes them more interesting to root for. DIfferent types, not robotic.
    My fav player of time was the Mick and he was an alcoholic with lots of off field issues. They didnt cut him the first year. So, Clint is showing human emotion...love it!!!

    I think we should be less judgmental and more patient.
    Maybe if we had more patience with Sonny Gray we would not need to be looking for another starter.

    The reality is the outfield of this team is quite fragile. Throw out the baby with the bathwater and we will be spiting ourselves. We could regret having pay for another overpriced ,injury prone outfielder in a year or 2

  5. #8380

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blue2018 View Post
    I love what Urshula has accomplished this year but is he a 1 year wonder (same as with Voit)?

    Anduhar is a MUCH better offensive player and younger. OF course his fielding has to improve.
    So did Wade Boggs have to improve.

    LEts not be Senior G.S. and be so impulsive

    I think the Yankees approach on defense has changed. They won't consistently field players who play bad defense anymore, grasping thru the analytics just how significant it is.

    With the exception of Voit, all the undervalued position players they've brought in in recent years (Didi, Hicks, Urshela, DJL, even Tauchman, Drury, Maybin) are players with good defense as foundations whose offensive profiles they've sought to maximize through coaching their approach in the box.

    Frazier was actually decent defensively and the concussions messed him up. Im not sure that Andujar has that ability, given his long history of playing the same position poorly...
    "My guys are savages in the box!" - Aaron Boone

  6. #8381
    NYYF Legend

    longtimeyankeefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SatchelPaigeYankee View Post
    I think the Yankees approach on defense has changed. They won't consistently field players who play bad defense anymore, grasping thru the analytics just how significant it is.

    With the exception of Voit, all the undervalued position players they've brought in in recent years (Didi, Hicks, Urshela, DJL, even Tauchman, Drury, Maybin) are players with good defense as foundations whose offensive profiles they've sought to maximize through coaching their approach in the box.

    Frazier was actually decent defensively and the concussions messed him up. Im not sure that Andujar has that ability, given his long history of playing the same position poorly...
    I wonít argue that the concussions didnít mess up Frazierís defense, but I do believe that. much like TJS, the further in the rear view mirror that concussion gets, the less he will be impacted.

    In the interview, he mentioned a diving catch, his first since the dove last year brought back those symptoms. He needs the confidence that such a play will not result in him seeing birdies.

    I also believe he is a better LF/CF than a RF, although I canít tell you why except that he looked totally lost in RF, but less so than CF.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

  7. #8382

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by blue2018 View Post
    I could not disagree more.
    The world ,country, one's family and fav team is much better off with diversity of opinions.
    With the Yankees, it makes them more interesting to root for. DIfferent types, not robotic.
    My fav player of time was the Mick and he was an alcoholic with lots of off field issues. They didnt cut him the first year. So, Clint is showing human emotion...love it!!!

    I think we should be less judgmental and more patient.
    Maybe if we had more patience with Sonny Gray we would not need to be looking for another starter.

    The reality is the outfield of this team is quite fragile. Throw out the baby with the bathwater and we will be spiting ourselves. We could regret having pay for another overpriced ,injury prone outfielder in a year or 2





    There is always FA's during the off season as well as in house. And Sonny Gray is pitching in the NL vs The AL east. for me that is huge. Just like his splits in Yankee Stadium vs not in Yankee Stadium. But if we need a OF that is easy during the Off season.

  8. #8383
    NYYF Legend

    JDPNYY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    I feel your pain more than my own

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Tonight:

    DJ LeMahieu (R) 2B
    Aaron Judge (R) RF
    Gary Sanchez (R) C
    Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
    Aaron Hicks (S) CF
    Luke Voit (R) 1B
    Gleyber Torres (R) SS
    Gio Urshela (R) 3B
    Mike Tauchman (L) LF
    The Good News: The rested Yankees will be ready for the Pennant Race that resting the Yankees will create!

  9. #8384
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Tonight:

    DJ LeMahieu (R) 2B
    Aaron Judge (R) RF
    Gary Sanchez (R) C
    Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
    Aaron Hicks (S) CF
    Luke Voit (R) 1B
    Gleyber Torres (R) SS
    Gio Urshela (R) 3B
    Mike Tauchman (L) LF
    About the best they can put out there. Only missing Stanton.
    Let the kids play.

  10. #8385

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    About the best they can put out there. Only missing Stanton.



    Vs a lefty it is. Of course Tauchman is the lefty vs lefty guy on the team but if they want to give Gardy and DIDI the night off nothing else on the bench. Plus i think with Happ on the mound Tauchman is there for is defense as well but Gardy deserves the day off after playing both games and DiDi i guess cause he is a lefty.

  11. #8386
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY View Post
    Tonight:

    DJ LeMahieu (R) 2B
    Aaron Judge (R) RF
    Gary Sanchez (R) C
    Edwin Encarnacion (R) DH
    Aaron Hicks (S) CF
    Luke Voit (R) 1B
    Gleyber Torres (R) SS
    Gio Urshela (R) 3B
    Mike Tauchman (L) LF
    I don't see Gardy?
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

  12. #8387
    Administrator Bub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    The Boonies

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    I don't see Gardy?
    He gets one day off every 6 weeks.
    Let the kids play.

  13. #8388
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Hello right back at you!

    And you're welcome, glad I could help!
    and thank you for the proper contraction of You're!
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

  14. #8389

    Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    There is always FA's during the off season as well as in house. And Sonny Gray is pitching in the NL vs The AL east. for me that is huge. Just like his splits in Yankee Stadium vs not in Yankee Stadium. But if we need a OF that is easy during the Off season.
    Didnt Sonny pitch well for Oakland , a team in the AL,albeit AL West.

    Also, you can get "an OF" just not a young ,proven offensive threat who is very athletic and aggressive.

    Yeah, you can pull a 32 yr old ,discarded Maybin or an offensively challenged Tauchman. This is not MY VISION of the Yankees with their tradition and resources.

    I think trading Frazier is myopic unless you can get a stud pitcher,but we'll see

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 64 users browsing this thread. (20 members and 44 guests)

  1. Digital Ruin
  2. hardrain
  3. Yankeeace8
  4. NYYPride4Life
  5. JayMan92
  6. Bub
  7. ShaneTravis
  8. blue2018
  9. TexasYank23
  10. neyugnt
  11. jeterrules
  12. Bag302
  13. Mozart
  14. theDurk
  15. don4yanks
  16. PatG

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts