+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 190 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 187 188 189 190
Results 4,726 to 4,742 of 4742

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    I don't know, but it's suspicious that he sat out both games of the double-header.

Gardner played both games and he's a lot older than Hicks.
    Hicks played CF game 1.

What Gardner and Frazier did to Chance Adams tonight is criminal. He could have pitched five shutout innings if they weren't giving the Royals extra AB's and runs that they didn't deserve. BTW as far as I'm concerned this 'opener' stupidity has to stop and just give Adams that spot in the rotation.
    Opener strategy isnít bad, but the opener Boone has been choosing is. But yes Adams deserves the 4th/5th spot in the rotation right now. If they want to use an opener with him, Iím ok with it so long as itís not Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppingtags View Post

Hicks played CF game 1.
    Yes you're right, he did. Because Didi is so close to returning and Stanton and Judge apparently aren't, I still think now would be a good time to get DJL an OF Mitt and let him start shagging some flies.
    "Owning the Yankees is like owning the Mona Lisa." -- George M. Steinbrenner III

I don't know, but it's suspicious that he sat out both games of the double-header.

Gardner played both games and he's a lot older than Hicks.
    Gardner player both games because heís likely getting tomorrow off against Duffy.

NYYF Legend

2nd best record in baseball. Only a game behind the Twins. Maybe Judge, Stanton and Didi were holding us back, lol

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Really encouraging outing from Chance. All 3 of his earned runs and 4 of his 5 hits shouldn't have happened. I want to see more Chance and less Cortes.
    Who was the official scorer? I get the dropped balls should of been hits, but gardner flat out dropped the first fly ball, that should of never been a hit nor a run. In fact he shouldn't of given up any runs or hits on those.

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Opener strategy isnít bad, but the opener Boone has been choosing is. But yes Adams deserves the 4th/5th spot in the rotation right now. If they want to use an opener with him, Iím ok with it so long as itís not Green.
    I agree, shouldn't the opener actually be good? lol

I heard an interesting stat the other day.

The third spot in batting order is the spot most likely to come up with 2 outs and no one on. Any time, not just first inning.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    2nd best record in baseball. Only a game behind the Twins. Maybe Judge, Stanton and Didi were holding us back, lol
    The team is playing very well but has had an easy schedule. Weíre still 8-8 against above 500 teams.

NYYF Triple Crown

There will be someone that will be sent back today (25 man) and I know it's Adams (again). I wish they would replace Green in the pen. His four seam fastball is still being hit. He needs to go back to SWB and get "fixed". Happy for Adams - did a great job (agree with previous post on the 3 ER). Also, because I am not a fan but Maybin was big (2 hits, 3 RBI, nice catch).

IMO. Boone is doing a better/good job taking Green out after one.

Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxio View Post
    I heard an interesting stat the other day.

The third spot in batting order is the spot most likely to come up with 2 outs and no one on. Any time, not just first inning.
    Thanks, Capt Obvious

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bonn1997 View Post
    The team is playing very well but has had an easy schedule. Weíre still 8-8 against above 500 teams.
    But so far 8-3 against the Rays, Sox and Twins.

Still nothing definitive on Paxton. He's not 100% but he may be able to pitch through it. Or maybe not. They'll discuss it back in New York. In the meantime we don't know who will start tomorrow or Wednesday. There's a day off coming up a week from Monday. If Paxton is back by then they can maybe use that day to get the rotation back in order, assuming CC only misses 2 starts.
    Let the kids play.

Forum Regular

True nuff. However, during the period of mass injuries, it was essential that the Yankees kick the tar out of the lesser teams. And they did it spectacularly well. They have a nice cushion of a lead over the Sox, whom I consider still the team they need to beat in the AL East.

NYYF Legend

The team is playing very well but has had an easy schedule. We’re still 8-8 against above 500 teams.
    There's an accepted philosophy regarding contending for a title: beat the teams you're supposed to beat and play .500 against contenders.

When this roster became the walking wounded, I seriously doubted whether they could even beat the teams they were supposed to beat. I'm really proud of the way everyone has stepped up, and I really think Cashman and Boone deserve credit for building and playing a roster that in most cases wouldn't be playing.

Finally, there's always been criticism about the way the Yankees played against the teams they're supposed to beat. Seems like in recent history they haven't faired too well. I think this group has really been motivated by being the underdog and by being given the opportunity to show their worth.
    "Somebody once asked me if I ever went up to the plate trying to hit a home run. I said, 'Sure, every time.'" -- Mickey Mantle

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    This team, so far, is quite amazing.
    More people have walked on the moon than have scored an earned run off of Mariano Rivera in the postseason.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sjb23 View Post
    There's an accepted philosophy regarding contending for a title: beat the teams you're supposed to beat and play .500 against contenders.

When this roster became the walking wounded, I seriously doubted whether they could even beat the teams they were supposed to beat (when healthy). I'm really proud of the way everyone has stepped up, and I really think Cashman and Boone deserve credit for building and playing a roster that in most cases wouldn't be playing.

Finally, there's always been criticism about the way the Yankees played against the teams they're supposed to beat. Seems like in recent history they haven't faired too well. I think this group has really been motivated by being the underdog and by being given the opportunity to show their worth.
    Yeah, Iím not going to hold it against them for doing what they are supposed to do (i.e., beat teams with a losing record) especially with the amount of injuries they are dealing with. Iím just not sure how long they can sustain it without bolstering the rotation.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Thread Information