+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 453 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 194 234 284 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 11317

Re: Why the Yankees Should DFA Greg Bird

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post
    Bird hasn't been healthy in four years. The bad at baseball take is misremembering facts.
    Bird is broken and he isnít getting fixed. Heís been as healthy as heís probably ever going to be when heís played. Its kind of like saying an old washed up player is not good at baseball anymore. Whatever he had is gone. Iíd be happy to be wrong on that, but Iíve seen enough to be confident in that opinion

Quote Originally Posted by BigYankeeUnit View Post
    No. Some team will give us something for him. Won't be much but still a reason not to just DFA him.
    No they won't, not right now. Best bet is to get him healthy and then find spots for him and hope he produces. Or even have him go nuts in spring training. He has to establish some level of health and then some level of performance before we could get anything for him..
    I used to think I was crazy... Now I am sure of it..

NYYF Legend

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    I meant it in the present tense, not that he never had ability. Missing multiple years of development time can do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Bird is broken and he isnít getting fixed. Heís been as healthy as heís probably ever going to be when heís played. Its kind of like saying an old washed up player is not good at baseball anymore. Whatever he had is gone. Iíd be happy to be wrong on that, but Iíve seen enough to be confident in that opinion
    Yeah..I've pretty much moved on from him. It's just a shame (and a cautionary tale for what a labrum surgery can mean for a player).
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
    Perfect time to sit Gleyber and Sanchez. Orioles are going to throw at us today and we dont need Torres or Sanchez getting hurt by a last place terrible team.
    And it worked out fine. The whole series worked out fine.

I don't get why anyone is worried when someone rests. The Yankees have a ton of young talent; it's good to get them on the field and several of these young guys are playing really well - like Estrada.

This team reminds me a lot of the Yankees of the mid-late 90's. Young players, a lot of mid-level guys who just come through and make plays.

I think the bigger problem is not resting some guys against an obliterated awful pitching staff (Orioles), but what will happen to these guys playing well when the veterans come back?

Especially when you see Stanton striking out 2-3 times a game. Forever now I wish we had not made the Stanton trade. And to do so over Yelich was crazy (A high avg, high OBP player). But, hindsight is always 20-20. The real issue is we had a lot of young players in the minors and we could have gone for a lefty hitter - or two - or three.

Alas, as it is, we are going to get to watch Stanton (whom I don't dislike personally, seems like a great guy; but there are a lot of great guys I don't want on the Yankees. I think Bryan Cranston's a great guy) strike out 200+ times and hit 30-40 solo shots until he's in his late 30's. I hope I'm wrong and will gladly eat crow if he gets us multiple WS wins. But, I think the odds are against that.

I like the scrappy guys. I love the Urshelas, LeMahieus, Estradas, Voits, etc.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by swampfyr18 View Post
    Do you guys think the Yankees should DFA Greg Bird? I make the case in my latest article below:

[deleted]

I am an aspiring sports journalist who will be writing about the Yankees, MLB and NFL this summer/in the future! I would greatly appreciate any reads

Clickbait

Got a WOT warning when I went to the site
    Last edited by Maynerd; 05-24-19 at 09:21 AM.

Calls a tool a tool

Quote Originally Posted by PinStriper44 View Post
    All good points. I agree with you about Stanton's skill set. But we only got him cheap because FL wanted to dump his salary. To get Yelich would have cost prospects. The best available move would have been JD Martinez. BTW those aren't the right plural forms. Its the Ursheli, the LeMahieux, and the Estradae. And the Voit is the plural of Voit.

Quote Originally Posted by ieddyi3 View Post
    Clickbait

Got a WOT warning when I went to the site
    How is the article clickbait? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by PinStriper44 View Post

I don't get why anyone is worried when someone rests. The Yankees have a ton of young talent; it's good to get them on the field and several of these young guys are playing really well - like Estrada.

This team reminds me a lot of the Yankees of the mid-late 90's. Young players, a lot of mid-level guys who just come through and make plays.

I think the bigger problem is not resting some guys against an obliterated awful pitching staff (Orioles), but what will happen to these guys playing well when the veterans come back?

Especially when you see Stanton striking out 2-3 times a game. Forever now I wish we had not made the Stanton trade. And to do so over Yelich was crazy (A high avg, high OBP player). But, hindsight is always 20-20. The real issue is we had a lot of young players in the minors and we could have gone for a lefty hitter - or two - or three.

Alas, as it is, we are going to get to watch Stanton (whom I don't dislike personally, seems like a great guy; but there are a lot of great guys I don't want on the Yankees. I think Bryan Cranston's a great guy) strike out 200+ times and hit 30-40 solo shots until he's in his late 30's. I hope I'm wrong and will gladly eat crow if he gets us multiple WS wins. But, I think the odds are against that.

Ironically, I did contemplate trading for Yelich over Stanton, but most people (myself included) didn't expect to transform into the type of player he's been for the Brewers.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Well Kay is ripping the resting of Torres and Sanchez today on his radio show
    Good.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by NelsonMuntz View Post
    Good.
    I can see resting Sanchez. Day game after a night game, he’s a catcher, we ALL know the standing rule. But Torres? He’s been destroying Orioles pitching. Why he was given off is beyond me. I trust the analytics, but he’s just a madman right now.
    NYYFans FBB: Evil Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I can see resting Sanchez. Day game after a night game, heís a catcher, we ALL know the standing rule. But Torres? Heís been destroying Orioles pitching. Why he was given off is beyond me. I trust the analytics, but heís just a madman right now.
    I don't like it, but I can get behind resting one regular a day against these subpar teams. Resting three regulars is downright absurd.

On a day when Romine is catching, why would you give both Torres and Voit the day off in the field also? At least put Voit at 1B and one of Torres/Sanchez at DH.

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I can see resting Sanchez. Day game after a night game, heís a catcher, we ALL know the standing rule. But Torres? Heís been destroying Orioles pitching. Why he was given off is beyond me. I trust the analytics, but heís just a madman right now.
    There really is no logical reason for Sanchez to be losing DH at-bats to Kendrys Morales.

And this is why I hated acquiring Morales - because every time Cashman grabs someone off the scrap heap, he feels the need to validate these moves by forcing these players down our throats, taking playing time away from better players.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post
    I don't like it, but I can get behind resting one regular a day against these subpar teams. Resting three regulars is downright absurd.

On a day when Romine is catching, why would you give both Torres and Voit the day off in the field also? At least put Voit at 1B and one of Torres/Sanchez at DH.
    We just all have to remember that Sanchez is always going to have a day off in day games. He probably should DH, we need that bat, but itís safe to assume Romine will be catching. Been going on for a while now.

I canít explain Torres or Voit, thereís no excuse and I think it was a full-on retarded decision. Removing that much offensive damage from the lineup.

Yet, our guys still keep winning. Itís impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    There really is no logical reason for Sanchez to be losing DH at-bats to Kendrys Morales.

And this is why I hated acquiring Morales - because every time Cashman grabs someone off the scrap heap, he feels the need to validate these moves by forcing these players down our throats, taking playing time away from better players.
    Iím totally baffled by even acquiring Morales. He older, nearly useless in the field, and on the tail end of at best a guy who had some good seasons.

I can’t believe Green is starting tonight. Does this organization learn anything?

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    I canít believe Green is starting tonight. Does this organization learn anything?
    It's kinda crazy isn't it? Like wishing he will be the Green like before. It's baseball so we will see (Boone should have a quick hook). If he only throws the FB/slider and and they hit his FB like TB ...... They may only be looking at 1 inning (1.2 with TB) and go to Cortes like before. I honestly believe Green needs to be back at SWB and replaced by another pitcher (Adams?) and Boone has to use what is on the roster. You never know.

I still like how we are playing.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by swampfyr18 View Post
    Fair criticism. I just don't think DFAing Bird would hurtóthe Yankees can gauge how much interest teams have. If there is zilch, then they can send him down to the minors or play him occasionally against righty pitchers.
    What purpose does DFAing Bird at this time accomplish? Since he is on the 60-day IL, he is not taking up a 40-man roster spot, so nothing there. Because he is injured, there would be no interest in him from other teams right now. I am not certain of the rules, but I think his salary is guaranteed for the season, so nothing saved there. In other words, I can see no purpose in DFAing Bird at this time.

When he becomes healthy again, that is a different story, but I believe he has options left, so sending him to AAA without exposing him to other teams can be accomplished.
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Hey guys - who replaced CC on the 25 man roster?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post
    I canít believe Green is starting tonight. Does this organization learn anything?
    When will the yankees just take a chance and call up someone who is doing great in the minors and see how they do? I'm not saying there is anyone i guess. But, it wouldn't be the end of the world. That is what stinks about the game these days, we don't get those exciting opportunities to see the AA guy who is a prospect come up for 1 start because of them always manipulating their "period" on the 40 man.

Glad to see us go into Baltimore and take care of business and add some distance between us and the rest of the division. Last year's team would have gone and split 2-2. I'm fine with playing out the year with the replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post

Thanks.
    Cortez
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

The eternal state of optimism that the Yankees will win it all

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post

Thanks.
    Nestor Cortes
    Forgive me for taking the Contrarian view

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rob035 View Post

This is my beef. They are already down a few (very significant) players due to injuries. So on top of that, why on earth would you rest multiple starters on the same day? It makes no sense.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Adam's pitched the best out of the three guys who filled in last Sunday. So naturally he is the one sent to Scranton.

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

Hey - maybe if the Brewers fall out of the race then Gio Gonzalez will be available. He's pitching well and is cheap!
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

Thread Information