+ Reply to Thread
Page 490 of 516 FirstFirst ... 390 440 480 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 500 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,250 of 12888

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Not a big problem for Houston, but Miley has given up 11 runs in his last 2 starts in which he got a grand total of 1 out.

Edit:make that 12.
    He might be concealing an injury during a contract year. Strange to pitch so well and then fall off the map.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CinematicFusion View Post
    He might be concealing an injury during a contract year. Strange to pitch so well and then fall off the map.
    Shades oh Ryu for the Dodgers. Since the Yankees lit him up heís had 2 more disaster starts and is having his next one skipped.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Thought we might get a little help from Texas tonight but of course they blew a late lead to the Rays. Going to extra innings.

So does this finally lead to DFAing Gearrin and Dull (granted he wasn't the blame for today) for Betances and Monty? I think Loaisiga and Adams will stay because they are "homegrown" for whatever candy points that is worth.

Man, Chance was always one of those "he's doing statistically fine now but he'll likely end up being a reliever" dude, so him failing as a starter doesn't surprise me, but him failing to even be a candidate to be number 7 of the bullpen is just sad. Heck, considering Chapman/Britton/Ottavino/Kahnle/Green/Betances being the top 6 in whatever order of choice, right now the "leader" for the race for number 7 is Luis friggin Cessa. Cortes' pixie dust seems to have worn off, and Loaisiga is doing everything to crash his stock.

Chance Adams.....quite an impressive ERA this year...in 14 games over two years he sits well above 7.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Iím more concerned with who we are using after those 2.

Also, Cortes was a nice story, but I think its midnight and time for this experiment to end.
    Cortes has been really bad lately. I think the magic pixie dust has worn off.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Chance Adams.....quite an impressive ERA this year...in 14 games over two years he sits well above 7.
    And he pitches the 9th. If Kanhle is unavailable then Boone should have used Adams earlier in the game to push the better guys back to the later innings.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    So does this finally lead to DFAing Gearrin and Dull (granted he wasn't the blame for today) for Betances and Monty? I think Loaisiga and Adams will stay because they are "homegrown" for whatever candy points that is worth.

Man, Chance was always one of those "he's doing statistically fine now but he'll likely end up being a reliever" dude, so him failing as a starter doesn't surprise me, but him failing to even be a candidate to be number 7 of the bullpen is just sad. Heck, considering Chapman/Britton/Ottavino/Kahnle/Green/Betances being the top 6 in whatever order of choice, right now the "leader" for the race for number 7 is Luis friggin Cessa. Cortes' pixie dust seems to have worn off, and Loaisiga is doing everything to crash his stock.
    My order would be
    Lyons
    dull
    Adams
    Valeric

As Monty, Severino, Betances , Stanton come back from 60 day but I have no idea if Yankees agree.

hicks and tauchman are also options to transfer to 60 day as is Hale if heís not already there.
    Baseball is life;

Sorry, but the Yankees clearly threw this game away with the starting lineup and bullpen arms. Evidently, they don't care about obtaining home field against a potential Astros series. Shame...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYYfan4life90 View Post
    Sorry, but the Yankees clearly threw this game away with the starting lineup and bullpen arms. Evidently, they don't care about obtaining home field against a potential Astros series. Shame...
    6 runs in 2 innings, 11 for the game. lineup was not the problem. Complete meltdown by the back end of the bull pen and inability to play rudimentary defense that lead to 5 unearned runs and probably cost them another earned one were the problems.
    Baseball is life;

Starting lineup? how many runs did they score again? the pitching gave it up and torres error was the key in the loss but we scared how many runs? oh yeah 11. I do not think the lineup was a issue 11 should have been enough.

Seems like every game against the rays the other team plays really bad in the field. Again tonight Texas just gave it up in the 11th on a throwing error al east lead down to 8 Tampa won 6 in a row

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    Seems like every game against the rays the other team plays really bad in the field. Again tonight Texas just gave it up in the 11th on a throwing error al east lead down to 8 Tampa won 6 in a row
    Not to mention no one seems to be able to hold a late lead on the Rays. Rangers were up 3-1 going to the 8th.

NYYF Legend

I don't think the starting lineup was the problem tonight. In fact Ford instead of Voit was probably a plus.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Not to mention no one seems to be able to hold a late lead on the Rays. Rangers were up 3-1 going to the 8th.
    Kind of like how the Yankees came back 2 straight games late on the Aís last week.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Iím not gonna lie, this one stings. Nearly everyone in the pen imploded and the defense disappeared. Very disappointing when the lineup puts up 11.
    Baseball is life;

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post

I think Boonie knows what he is doing.......he doesn't want to face the Rays or A's in the ALDS...he matches better against Twins and there will be less disappointment in getting beat out of the playoffs by Astros than in first round against a wild-card team.......like someone says from beyond the grave........"it ain't over until Chance takes over".........

NYYF Legend

After last night Twins only 4 games down in the loss column to both the Yankees and Astros. Nightmare scenario of Yankees playing Houston in DS is still very possible. So just keep messing up games like last night.

NYYF Triple Crown

And he pitches the 9th. If Kanhle is unavailable then Boone should have used Adams earlier in the game to push the better guys back to the later innings.

I thought Ben Heller (I always liked him) was available in the 9th and saw him in the pen??? I can't see how you use those pitchers. This game was similar to the last preseason football game before they have to make all their cuts. Maybe this was good but we should have won. SWB season is over I hope to see a major roster move today (DFA's). Just bring up Betances, Garcia (I know he is not ready but he throws strikes), Monty, and after today Sevy. Also, I have a hard time it was Boone choosing Chance in the ninith because he is a mop up or inning eater.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    I thought Ben Heller (I always liked him) was available in the 9th and saw him in the pen??? I can't see how you use those pitchers. This game was similar to the last preseason football game before they have to make all their cuts. Maybe this was good but we should have won. SWB season is over I hope to see a major roster move today (DFA's). Just bring up Betances, Garcia (I know he is not ready but he throws strikes), Monty, and after today Sevy. Also, I have a hard time it was Boone choosing Chance in the ninith because he is a mop up or inning eater.
    Adams has been bad every time. Heller would have been a better choice for the 9th. As for Garcia, he is not ready yet for the major leagues.

After last night Twins only 4 games down in the loss column to both the Yankees and Astros. Nightmare scenario of Yankees playing Houston in DS is still very possible. So just keep messing up games like last night.
    It's like this team thinks they have AL home field already locked up in the bag.

If the Yankees were clearly ahead of every other AL team for home field, then, okay, I wouldn't really care about how games like last night go. As it stands, the Yankees doing stupid things like last night is completely foolish and irresponsible.

Does Detroit not show scores from other games in the ball park?

I understand the Yankees have a plan but if an opportunity breaks wide open, you have to be flexible to seize the opportunity.

My guess is this will be the game that will cost the Yankees home field advantage.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    Austin Romine: wRC+ 93
    Didi Gregorius: wRC+ 88
    thanks for pointing it out, didi homered twice and is sitting at 95. Hey what about DJL? How's he doing? I hear he can't hit with RISP.
    Last edited by smckdwn989; 09-11-19 at 10:39 AM.

NYYF Triple Crown

Twins have really easy schedule last 13 games. White Sox, KC, Detroit. Currently 31-13 against those teams. That translates to 10-3 but the past doesnít guarantee anything. Cleveland and Nats need to win most of these next 5 games against Twins.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    Twins have really easy schedule last 13 games. White Sox, KC, Detroit. Currently 31-13 against those teams. That translates to 10-3 but the past doesnít guarantee anything. Cleveland and Nats need to win most of these next 5 games against Twins.
    Can't count on the Nats. Their bullpen is terrible . Hope Cleveland can win a few. But that makes it more important for the Twins to try and win every game. Not saying the Yankees don't try but with the 8 game lead the resting of players and the bullpen moves show they are not as committed to it.

Thread Information