+ Reply to Thread
Page 436 of 508 FirstFirst ... 336 386 426 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 446 486 ... LastLast
Results 10,876 to 10,900 of 12682

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yesteryearman View Post
    Is it too late to trade Frazier back to Cleveland for Mercado or Freeman? Bad loss when starting a west coast trip. Lead over Rays will likely be under 5 by next Monday.....outscored 34-16 by Indians.....don't think Yanks want to see them in playoffs......
    Nonsense!!! The way this team is playing the Rays will be leading the division by next Monday. Oh yeah... and the Yankees won't want to see them in the Playoffs either.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashed View Post
    Nonsense!!! The way this team is playing the Rays will be leading the division by next Monday. Oh yeah... and the Yankees won't want to see them in the Playoffs either.
    Lol really ?
    Ain't it EVIL to LIVE backwards

First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar

OH PLEASE....This team is on a fantastic run.
    Standings: Big Inning 32-16; Blue Cut 27-21; Shoo Fly 26-22; Husk 22-26; Frank Pierce 21-27; Iowa City 16-32.

NYYF Legend

Is it too late to trade Frazier back to Cleveland for Mercado or Freeman? Bad loss when starting a west coast trip. Lead over Rays will likely be under 5 by next Monday.....outscored 34-16 by Indians.....don't think Yanks want to see them in playoffs......
    Mods? You OK with this stuff? I mean it's not even subtle.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

NYYF Legend

Tanner Roark has a 2.55 ERA since being traded to Oakland. I get that it’s a SSS and he probably wouldn’t have been a factor in the postseason but I’d still rather see him get the ball every 5th day than CC or Happ.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Not complaining about Boone bringing in Cessa but once again Luis gets touched for a HR that puts the game out of reach. Will anything get Cessa off our team?
    We’re probably stuck with him for the rest of this year but after that I think he is out of options so hopefully that will conclude the Cessa era.

NYYF Legend

Wow 14-3 not good enough for some fans.

You know despite the score the games were 2-2
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hardrain View Post
    OH PLEASE....This team is on a fantastic run.
    Too bad they do not have the best record in all of baseball. Oh wait my bad. They do!👍🍺💪
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Wow 14-3 not good enough for some fans.

You know despite the score the games were 2-2
    Not only were the games 2-2, but the games started by pitchers the Yankees are likely to use in the playoffs were 2-0. So why should the Yankees not want to see the Indians in the playoffs?

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Mods? You OK with this stuff? I mean it's not even subtle.
    I deleted my post about that Rays leading by next Monday post. I think that post might be sarcastic by him?? Yankees are up by 9.5...
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...…
    "Yankees are now a Fully Operational Dollar Store"

NYYF Legend

Lead over the Astros now 3 1/2 games. Unfortunately while we go to Oakland the Astros are home against the terrible Tigers this week.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Sonny Gray: 1.12 WHIP, 2.98ERA

Worthless pitching coaches.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post

I really like to know how Rothschild keeps his job. Or what he did to deserve to keep it....

Lead over the Astros now 3 1/2 games. Unfortunately while we go to Oakland the Astros are home against the terrible Tigers this week.
    Then they get the other LA. Yankees get the good LA....

My fear is toward the end of the season the Yankees brain trust decide its better to rest players than go all out & try to get home field...
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...…
    "Yankees are now a Fully Operational Dollar Store"

The Yankees started August with a gruesome 19 games in 17 days schedule with no off days in between. The breakdown of the teams and records against were 7 games BAL (7-0), 4 games TOR (2-2), 4 games BOS (4-0), 4 games CLE (2-2). Prior to the schedule, I think anyone would've taken 6-1 BAL, 3-1 TOR, 3-1 BOS, 2-2 CLE for a 14-5 and been extremely happy, but they actually one upped it by going 15-4 while managing to give 2 consecutive off days given to the important four of the bullpen. But to be a Negative Nancy, lets say the Yankees stumble badly during the west coast trip and go 4-7 for the rest of the month, giving them a total of 19-11 record for the month and 87-50 for the season with 25 games left. Lets continue the gloom and say in September, the Yankees go a mediocre 13-12 ending the season with only 100-62 record.

So far this month the indestructible behemoth Rays went 11-4, and lets just say they steam roll the rest of the month and go 10-3, giving them a 21-7 for 28 games in August and 83-55 for the season. That would put them 4.5 games behind the Yankees with 24 games left for the season with 5 games behind in the loss column. In September, say the Rays go 17-7 (.708) for September, and manage to end the season 100-62 tied with the Yankees, but the Yankees currently lead the season series 12-5 with 2 games H2H left in September.

Overall, I understand the importance of homefield in the playoffs and the best record being very important so the focus on Astros is understandable, but could someone please kindly explain to me how the division is realistically (keyword) in danger of being overtaken by the Rays? I tried to take the most pessimistic results possible for both teams and the Yankees still won. With the near worst case scenario possible excluding injuries, Yankees do very badly during the west coast trip AND they stumble in September to hover just above .500 AND the Rays absolutely steam roll the rest of the month AND have over a .700 winning % in September leaves the Yankees tied for the division in which they have the tie breaker. If that is the definition for a doomed Yankee team, that seems like a very nice doom to be in if you ask me.

The Yanks just went 15-4 when playing 19 games in 17 days.
    "It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf." -Robert Wilson Lynd

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    Tremendous all round effort by the Yanks - sets us up nicely now to win the Division and push the Astro's for home field advantage.

Much needed day off now then key games on the West Coast.

I'll take 4 w's over on the WC then back to YS to widen the gap on the Rays.

When he was with the A’s, Sonny Gray never had success in Yankee Stadium, Fenway Park, or Camden Yards. His game simply did not translate well into most of the AL East ballparks.

In his only full season in NY, he posted on the road: 1.15 WHIP, 3.17 ERA.

Coaching? Nothing has really changed with him other than the fact that he is now pitching in an environment where he can succeed.

For their sake they better take advantage of the situation. They just dropped 6 of 8, and half of those losses were to the White Sox and the O’s.

Anything less than a sweep is bad news for them.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BillyJack View Post
    Not only were the games 2-2, but the games started by pitchers the Yankees are likely to use in the playoffs were 2-0. So why should the Yankees not want to see the Indians in the playoffs?
    Excellent point.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Blazer View Post
    They’ve had the most home games of any major league team. Don’t know why the schedule worked out that way. Twice as many away games from now on. And half of the away games not in the eastern time zone. Still they could win at a good clip. Maybe not .659 but even .500 puts them at 101 wins.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post
    The Yankees started August with a gruesome 19 games in 17 days schedule with no off days in between. The breakdown of the teams and records against were 7 games BAL (7-0), 4 games TOR (2-2), 4 games BOS (4-0), 4 games CLE (2-2). Prior to the schedule, I think anyone would've taken 6-1 BAL, 3-1 TOR, 3-1 BOS, 2-2 CLE for a 14-5 and been extremely happy, but they actually one upped it by going 15-4 while managing to give 2 consecutive off days given to the important four of the bullpen. But to be a Negative Nancy, lets say the Yankees stumble badly during the west coast trip and go 4-7 for the rest of the month, giving them a total of 19-11 record for the month and 87-50 for the season with 25 games left. Lets continue the gloom and say in September, the Yankees go a mediocre 13-12 ending the season with only 100-62 record.

So far this month the indestructible behemoth Rays went 11-4, and lets just say they steam roll the rest of the month and go 10-3, giving them a 21-7 for 28 games in August and 83-55 for the season. That would put them 4.5 games behind the Yankees with 24 games left for the season with 5 games behind in the loss column. In September, say the Rays go 17-7 (.708) for September, and manage to end the season 100-62 tied with the Yankees, but the Yankees currently lead the season series 12-5 with 2 games H2H left in September.

Overall, I understand the importance of homefield in the playoffs and the best record being very important so the focus on Astros is understandable, but could someone please kindly explain to me how the division is realistically (keyword) in danger of being overtaken by the Rays? I tried to take the most pessimistic results possible for both teams and the Yankees still won. With the near worst case scenario possible excluding injuries, Yankees do very badly during the west coast trip AND they stumble in September to hover just above .500 AND the Rays absolutely steam roll the rest of the month AND have over a .700 winning % in September leaves the Yankees tied for the division in which they have the tie breaker. If that is the definition for a doomed Yankee team, that seems like a very nice doom to be in if you ask me.
    While I agree that the Yankees will win the division bear in mind that if your scenario came true winning the H2H only gets you home field in a tie breaker game for the division. The days of winning the division on H2H record ended when MLB added the second Wild Card team.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Portbb View Post
    They’ve had the most home games of any major league team. Don’t know why the schedule worked out that way. Twice as many away games from now on. And half of the away games not in the eastern time zone. Still they could win at a good clip. Maybe not .659 but even .500 puts them at 101 wins.
    Last season Yankees were home for almost the entire last month so I guess it just goes the opposite way this season.

NYYF Legend

19 games in 17 games and their first day off will be spent traveling across this great land.

Terrible.
    Just win!

NYYF Legend

And it's not like GAB is a pitcher's park, either. There is something fundamentally wrong with the organization's approach to pitching. The only pitcher I can remember coming to the Yankees and actually improving in recent years is Brandon McCarthy. And the Yankees struggles to develop pitching from the minor leagues have been well documented at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by H.Kokubo View Post

And no matter how well TB does over the next month, 8 of their final 11 games will be a stretch run agains the Dodgers, Red Sox, and Yankees.

Meanwhile they’re going to have to make hay against the easier part of their schedule without 3 of their starting pitchers - including Blake Snell - all of whom are out at least for the rest of the month, maybe longer. They’ll also be missing 3 regulars from their lineup for the same time frame with Diaz gone for the rest of the season.

They’ve got their work cut out for them just to hold on to a WC spot. The A’s are only a game behind them in the loss column for the 2nd WC.

Thread Information