+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 104 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 101 102 103 104
Results 2,576 to 2,596 of 2596

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Its far more likely we regret letting Gio walk than it is that we have a surplus of starting pitching to trade. Don't even think about these things because the depth will evaporate in an instant much like it has in our positional depth.
    Pretty much this. Letting Gio go was not a smart move.
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    why not sign Kimbrel, won't be your closer our 8th inning guy. Would be really valuable in the 6th, 7th, and extra innings. No idea what kind of contract he's asking for though.
    I'd sign Kimbrel (or Keuchel for that matter) to a 1 year deal after June 1st. Kimbrel is starting a decline, two of his past 3 years he's seen a large increase in his walk totals and his HR rate has started to steadily climb. I wouldn't sign him to anything more than a 1 year deal and wouldn't spend a draft pick. There will be relievers available at the deadline if our bullpen doesn't round into form by then.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBombers View Post
    Pretty much this. Letting Gio go was not a smart move.
    Feinsand says Gio is signing with Milwaukee

Edit: Apparently Rosenthal had it first.

Addicted Member

I'd sign Kimbrel (or Keuchel for that matter) to a 1 year deal after June 1st. Kimbrel is starting a decline, two of his past 3 years he's seen a large increase in his walk totals and his HR rate has started to steadily climb. I wouldn't sign him to anything more than a 1 year deal and wouldn't spend a draft pick. There will be relievers available at the deadline if our bullpen doesn't round into form by then.
    There will likely be a lot of competition for Kimbrel at that point. I don't think you're going to get to dictate terms with him once the draft pick isn't attached to it and contenders start to focus on improving their bullpens.

@Jomboy_
    Following Following @Jomboy_
    More
    I'm hearing Chad has been sent down with Higgy today. I don't know for sure like I did with Ford but its what I am hearing (and it kinda makes sense).

Quote Originally Posted by YFIB View Post
    There will likely be a lot of competition for Kimbrel at that point. I don't think you're going to get to dictate terms with him once the draft pick isn't attached to it and contenders start to focus on improving their bullpens.
    Yea, maybe. Still doesn't change things for me. We didn't need to give up much to get Britton who was the best reliever last year. This year you figure to at least have guys like Will Smith, Mychal Givens, and others available in the trade market if you need them. There's zero reason for the Yankees to give up a high draft pick and a high salary when they may be able to give up less in a trade and take on far less salary.

Plus what we really need is just for Betances to get healthy and the bullpen will be good again. Ideally one of Holder or Green gets back into form, but if not Kahnle and Cessa (and maybe even Joseph Harvey) seem like they're ready to pick up the slack.

Quote Originally Posted by OdiN9 View Post
    @Jomboy_
    Following Following @Jomboy_
    More
    I'm hearing Chad has been sent down with Higgy today. I don't know for sure like I did with Ford but its what I am hearing (and it kinda makes sense).
    Interesting, hopefully its true. A consistent schedule in AAA is really Chad's best chance. I'd guess they'll give Jake Barrett a look at least until they could call up Harvey again.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Feinsand says Gio is signing with Milwaukee

Edit: Apparently Rosenthal had it first.
    Surprised the Mets didn't sniff around. Vargas is batting practice.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

NYYF Legend

Interesting, hopefully its true. A consistent schedule in AAA is really Chad's best chance. I'd guess they'll give Jake Barrett a look at least until they could call up Harvey again.

The never should have sent Harvey down. Now can't come back for 10 days.

The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    why not sign Kimbrel, won't be your closer our 8th inning guy. Would be really valuable in the 6th, 7th, and extra innings. No idea what kind of contract he's asking for though.
    How many high-end relievers do we need?
    The problem isnít the bullpen - itís how Boone uses it.

He needs to stop trying to steal outs and use the right guys in the right situations.
    Sadly, I have zero faith that heís going to change.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Surprised the Mets didn't sniff around. Vargas is batting practice.
    They did, Gio apparently chose Brewers over them. Don't know if it was more money or more opportunity but whatever it is Gio is back in the midwest.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmer's Helmet View Post
    How many high-end relievers do we need?
    The problem isnít the bullpen - itís how Boone uses it.

He needs to stop trying to steal outs and use the right guys in the right situations.
    Sadly, I have zero faith that heís going to change.
    You're probably right that he's not going to change, because this is exactly how they want him to manage
    Assistant to the Manager
    Analytical Department of Analytics

Good that they sent Chad Green down. 3 days too late though.

Flip Chad Green for the next Luke Voit, a la Chasen Shreve.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Just seems crazy to do that to someone who's pitching so well -- the most consistently good pitcher we've had so far.
    Will have to see how things look when the time comes, but I agree that taking a young, effective - at times dominant - arm out of the rotation is dicey. What's his innings cap this year though? I think at some point they may need to limit innings anyway...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Will have to see how things look when the time comes, but I agree that taking a young, effective - at times dominant - arm out of the rotation is dicey. What's his innings cap this year though? I think at some point they may need to limit innings anyway...
    If I had to guess I'd say somewhere in the 150-160 range.
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

My money is on Tarpley. He's barely pitching down there. So he should be available immediately.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007 View Post
    My money is on Tarpley. He's barely pitching down there. So he should be available immediately.
    Tarpley up, Sanchez activaed - Higgy/Green down to AAA
    Baseball is life;

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by dannyyankou View Post

Flip Chad Green for the next Luke Voit, a la Chasen Shreve.
    You couldn't get that for Chad Green right now.

As bad as he was, Shreve was pitching light years better than Green is now, and he's a lefty.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Green was terrific in 17' but he simply was not able to adjust back last year and this year so far.
    The lack of a dynamic breaking ball is hurting him.

I think Loaisaga replaces him.

Slow in, Fast out ThePinStripes's Avatar

Dallas Keuchel must still be asking for the moon.
    A fool and his money can throw one heck of a party!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePinStripes View Post
    Dallas Keuchel must still be asking for the moon.

Not asking price and we let Gio go no way they sign him and nobody is going to sign him before June. He comes with the loss of International money and a draft pick loss. NO TEAM is going to give that up for him.

Maybe after june when he is not tied to a draft pick but not before unless he goes back to Houston

Thread Information