+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 521 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 185 225 275 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 13013
    The Death Star is Sputtering Zimmer's Helmet's Avatar

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    No. Probably send down Frazier. He has options. Maybin does not.
    That would be foolish although that would be consistent with Cashman’s past roster management.

I want the player with higher upside over a career journeyman and to hell with who has options, but that’s just me.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Probably resting him with the big lead.
    Fouled one off his foot

NYYF MVP

Another win away from a series win. Rolling right now.

NYYF Legend

Toronto 10, Boston 3, Final.
    LA 7, Tampa Bay 3, Final.

Heck of a night.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Toronto 10, Boston 3, Final.
    LA 7, Tampa Bay 3, Final.

Heck of a night.
    Just too bad Houston didn't sweep the Sawx, that win let them stay over 500
    Assistant to the Manager
    Analytical Department of Analytics

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by spanky185 View Post
    Just too bad Houston didn't sweep the Sawx, that win let them stay over 500
    Astros can sweep the Sox at Houston this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Munson4ever View Post
    ITA with this also. I wanted him up 2 yrs ago when Gardy started his descent. His arm is big league. He hits. Hits with power. Fast. Runs hard every ground out. Tough. And I don't think he drops many balls out there. No, he's not an all star, yet.
    I agree, and Frazier does have decent tools (speed, strong arm) but his defense has been abysmal this season. Constantly airmailing throws and misplaying balls he has to come in on.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    I agree, and Frazier does have decent tools (speed, strong arm) but his defense has been abysmal this season. Constantly airmailing throws and misplaying balls he has to come in on.
    I think Frazier’s concussion issues from last year are in the back of his head still making him overthink plays he needs to make, when he was interviewed early this season he talked about something to the fact of making better decisions of when to go all out for a ball and risk injury vs being able to contribute everyday and how it’s a long season...I think once he makes a couple plays where he’s go all out to come up with the ball, lays out, hits a wall and gets back up he will get his confidence back...till then you can definitely see he’s been apprehensive so far, he just needs to get some confidence back.

Frazier has hit four HR's vs Baltimore this year, two 2-HR Games, so I would imagine the Orioles are impressed.

I would try to strike while the iron is hot and offer them Clint Frazier and Jonathan Loaisiga for Trey Mancini.

I like Mancini more than Frazier, more proven. Also a better defender. After hearing Beltran tell Judge he might not be pain free all year, I'd feel a little better about it if we can get Mancini. Frankly I don't trust Frazier. I think he's a streaky hitter. When he's good he's good, but when he's cold he's useless.

As for Loaisiga, German made him expendable. We have a terrific TOP 3 (Severino, Paxton and German) when healthy, and I'm hoping at some point this year they are all heathy when it really matter. Besides that, I think JL is overrated and no big loss. Jordan Montgomery and Chance Adams are both better prospects in my view, especially Monty.
    Last edited by Battingly; 05-22-19 at 12:58 PM.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    Frazier has hit four HR's vs Baltimore this year, two 2-HR Games, so I would imagine the Orioles are impressed.

I would try to strike while the iron is hot and offer than Clint Frazier and Jonathan Loaisiga for Trey Mancini.

I like Mancini better in Yankee Stadium because he's a lefty and he has a longer, more proven track record than Frazier. Also a better defender. After hearing Beltran tell Judge he might not be pain free all year, I'd feel a little better about it if we can get Mancini. Frankly I don't trust Frazier. At best I think he's a streaky hitter. When he's good he's good, but when he's cold he's useless.

As for Loaisiga, German made him expendable. We have a terrific TOP 3 (Severino, Paxton and German) when healthy, and I'm hoping at some point this year they are all heathy when it really matter. Besides that, I think JL is overrated and no big loss. Jordan Montgomery and Chance Adams are both better prospects in my view, especially Monty.
    The Orioles’ hired Mike Elias to orchestrate a plan to get better through the draft. They’re in for a few lean years down here. It’s highly doubtful they’d be interested in any quasi-lateral moves where a fan favorite gets traded away. Torres and Frazier? That might get them on the phone.
    "Be a voice, not an echo." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ojo View Post

The Orioles’ hired Mike Elias to orchestrate a plan to get better through the draft. They’re in for a few lean years down here. It’s highly doubtful they’d be interested in any quasi-lateral moves where a fan favorite gets traded away. Torres and Frazier? That might get them on the phone.
    Since they are rebuilding they might prefer a 24 year old OF (Frazier) to a 27 year old OF (Mancini)? If they have a rebuilding plan it's normally about three years. Frazier will be 27 when they are ready to contend, provided their plan works, whereas Mancini will be 30. Plus they add a young SP prospect.

NYYF Legend

Since they are rebuilding they might prefer a 24 year old OF (Frazier) to a 27 year old OF (Mancini)? If they have a rebuilding plan it's normally about three years. Frazier will be 27 when they are ready to contend, provided their plan works, whereas Mancini will be 30. Plus they add a young SP prospect.
    Stranger things have happened, but the optics involved would be bad for Baltimore. And what’s the Yankees’ motivation here? Get back a RH bat who also is a bit suspect in the OF?

If Frazier is only good against Baltimore, it doesn't really make sense for the team to acquire him. Then he'd be good against nobody.

If Frazier gets moved for anyone it's Thor

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Frazier has options...don't think Maybin does. If so, then I agree.

why not release Morales. LeMahieu can play first. Maybin has defensive replacement value which is necessary if Stanton plays in outfield. Would rather not mess with Fraziers head by sending him down though he would get more at bats at Scranton. The only thing Morales offers is a lefty bat and we will be getting Didi back soon.

NYYF Legend

Frazier needs to be up with the big club. Maybin and Morales are scrap heap material.

Stanton got another booboo last night anyway.

Constantly? No. Both things have happened, not constantly at all.

Frazier needs to be up with the big club. Maybin and Morales are scrap heap material.

Stanton got another booboo last night anyway.
    He's a big baby. Sore forearm? Awww poor baby. Now it's my shoulder, mommy...baby. I got hit in the shin mommy! Ship him TF out!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeJimBeam View Post
    why not release Morales. LeMahieu can play first. Maybin has defensive replacement value which is necessary if Stanton plays in outfield. Would rather not mess with Fraziers head by sending him down though he would get more at bats at Scranton. The only thing Morales offers is a lefty bat and we will be getting Didi back soon.
    Because Morales is great depth for this year, maybe one more. Makes Bird available to trade and keeping Morales pressures Voit to perform. Voit tries harder when fighting for a job.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasYank23 View Post
    If Frazier gets moved for anyone it's Thor
    I think I mentioned this on another site. I really don't want to part with Frazier, but if it brings Thor this year, you gotta do it.

Quote Originally Posted by osuwarrior00 View Post
    If Frazier is only good against Baltimore, it doesn't really make sense for the team to acquire him. Then he'd be good against nobody.
    With this logic, Torres should get a one-way ticket as well, no?

lol. Don't hold your breath.

He's a big baby. Sore forearm? Awww poor baby. Now it's my shoulder, mommy...baby. I got hit in the shin mommy! Ship him TF out!
    The dude literally played through an injury last year down the stretch that normally would put a player on the IL, simply because we needed him. Come on now.

Devoted Member

Because Morales is great depth for this year, maybe one more. Makes Bird available to trade and keeping Morales pressures Voit to perform. Voit tries harder when fighting for a job.

these days you could probably get more for Morales than for Bird in a trade

Quote Originally Posted by Poppingtags View Post
    The dude literally played through an injury last year down the stretch that normally would put a player on the IL, simply because we needed him. Come on now.
    Agree 100%.

Because the team is doing so well without him, I have a sneaky feeling that a lot of fans will be looking for an excuse to boo Stanton when he finally returns, regardless of whether he deserves it. Just a hunch that he's going to be viewed through some kind of weird "A-Rod lens" where people will see what they want to see (for example, that he hits meaningless home runs but strikes out when we really need a hit).

Aside from this board, my primary data point is my dad, who is just obsessed with hating on players who make big salaries but always seems to fall in love with the unheralded little guy. I certainly understand where he's coming from, but it prevents him from seeing a guy like Stanton as a real human being and it also misfires when he forgets that just because Aaron Judge is a superstar it doesn't mean he's being paid like one.

Anyway, if Stanton comes back and they go on a little (inevitable) losing streak, you can bet there will be people saying it's because his return ruined the chemistry or something.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Thread Information