+ Reply to Thread
Page 493 of 510 FirstFirst ... 393 443 483 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 503 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,325 of 12728

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ClownPickle View Post
    The defensive gap between Didi and Gleyber @ SS isn't large enough to make up for the offensive gap between Didi and Voit. That offensive gap is MASSIVE.

EDIT: Misread your post. Yeah, if they play Did, that would be best.
    Voit OPS since the all-star break (102 PAs) - .747
    Didi OPS since the all-star break (192 PAs) - .780

What IS massive is replacing Voit at first base with a gold glove infielder. Voit has just a couple of weeks to start hitting for some power; that's the only way he's going to get postseason starts.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    On the year yes massive difference. Since Voit has returned from the hernia, not so much. Voit is hitting about 230 with no power since he returned (SSS caveat)
    He's starting to trend back to normal:
    https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savan...-r-hitting-mlb
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

It amazes me how the sky has been falling for 146 games
    Assistant to the Manager
    Analytical Department of Analytics

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bub View Post
    Voit OPS since the all-star break (102 PAs) - .747
    Didi OPS since the all-star break (192 PAs) - .780
    Why do you think this sample is more valid than a larger one?

If you goal is to play the best 2nd half player, then play Mike Ford with his .877 OPS/124 wRC+, also very superior to Didi.

What IS massive is replacing Voit at first base with a gold glove infielder. Voit has just a couple of weeks to start hitting for some power; that's the only way he's going to get postseason starts.
    Voit would be the DH. EE is very sufficient at 1B, not to mention plays the least important position on the diamond. The largest gap on defense is the dropoff from DJL to Gleyber @ 2B.
    Calmer than you are

7/30/2017: The day the Minnesota Twins bought a prospect from the New York Yankees.

Why do you think this sample is more valid than a larger one?
    Because it's about who's hitting right now. Didi is and Voit isn't. I don't care if Voit hit 50 homers in the first half, if he's not hitting a lick now he's not going to play. Boone might play a different lineup against lefty starters, sitting both Didi and Gardner, but I tend to doubt that.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Because it's about who's hitting right now. Didi is and Voit isn't. I don't care if Voit hit 50 homers in the first half, if he's not hitting a lick now he's not going to play. Boone might play a different lineup against lefty starters, sitting both Didi and Gardner, but I tend to doubt that.
    If you are worried about who is having the best 2nd half, then hit Mike Ford @ DH and sit Voit and Didi. I'd prefer the larger sample, but either way Didi sits.

Voit's xwOBA is trending in the right direction after abysmal Aug.
    Calmer than you are

If you are worried about who is having the best 2nd half, then hit Mike Ford @ DH and sit Voit and Didi. I'd prefer the larger sample, but either way Didi sits.

Voit's xwOBA is trending in the right direction after abysmal Aug.
    I'm all for Ford getting some playing time in October. Have to figure why his lefty/righty splits are way tilted backwards though, even though it's a SSS.
    Let the kids play.

NYYF Legend

Rays already up 2-0. It feels like Yankees will have to win 9 games themselves to clinch the division. Rays just refuse to lose.

1. DJ LeMahieu, 2B
    2. Aaron Judge, RF
    3. Gleyber Torres, SS
    4. Edwin Encarnacion, 1B
    5. Gary Sanchez, C
    6. Gio Urshela, 3B
    7. Luke Voit, DH
    8. Giancarlo Stanton, LF
    9. Brett Gardner, CF

This would be the best team we can roll out for playoffs, but won't.

Have to totally disagree leaving DiDi out. Voit has done little since he has been back. DiDi is a leader on the INF I was wondering if Voit would even make the roster let alone start. Most likely be facing a righty. I do not pay much attention to likes and dislikes cause when i hate on a certain player i get a time out but why the hate for DiDi?

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post
    Rays already up 2-0. It feels like Yankees will have to win 9 games themselves to clinch the division. Rays just refuse to lose.

Texas tied it up lol i just can't stand to watch those games i get bored but i look on mlb.com now 4-2

If Odor ever becomes a FA i do not want him anywhere near the Yankees. That guy hits 203 for a reason. Swung at a 3-1 pitch in his eyes. Id bench him for that lol.

This Rays first inning is the wildest I've seen this season. Now 7-2 Rangers...Rays using their third pitcher of the inning.
    Texas havent really banged the ball around. Its just been walks, singles...an error.

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673 View Post

We need to face the significant possibility that the Rays will win out, forcing us, as you say, to win 9 games out of the next 11. Why 11, and not 16? Because the last 5 games are on the road against the Rays and Rangers. We need to take care of business before those last 5. If we haven't wrapped it up before those last 5, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see us get swept.

Many people around here seem to think the division is locked up. It ain't. That's why it was so important to win last night. If we had won, we could relax a bit and could even tolerate a split in the DH. Now we really can't. We've got to win 9 games before playing Tampa.

And by the way, we haven't locked ANYTHING up, not even a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
    We need to face the significant possibility that the Rays will win out, forcing us, as you say, to win 9 games out of the next 11. Why 11, and not 16? Because the last 5 games are on the road against the Rays and Rangers. We need to take care of business before those last 5. If we haven't wrapped it up before those last 5, I wouldn't be terribly surprised to see us get swept.

Many people around here seem to think the division is locked up. It ain't. That's why it was so important to win last night. If we had won, we could relax a bit and could even tolerate a split in the DH. Now we really can't. We've got to win 9 games before playing Tampa.

Well the Rays down 7-2 now end of 1st lol they will have to score at least 8 to win and they have some hard games coming up in the dodgers and Oakland i think it is.

NYYF Legend

Texas now leading 7-2. Twins down 5-2 but of course already have hit a HR.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    Well the Rays down 7-2 now end of 1st lol they will have to score at least 8 to win and they have some hard games coming up in the dodgers and Oakland i think it is.
    7-4. Only one out in 2nd. I see 12-11 all over this.

Yankees your 27 time WS Champs MyBoysKaosHavoK's Avatar

Double-header Thursday. So does Boone punt the 1st or 2nd game Tomorrow....
    In the Land of the Blind. The One Eyed Man is King...
    "Yankees are now a Fully Operational Dollar Store"

NYYF Legend

Tie game. Tampa is unbelievable.
    "This game has a heartbeat, Brian." -- Joe Torre

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post

Nobody has locked anything up, except the Dodgers have won the NL West. Relax, it's going to be OK.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by jeterrules View Post
    Tied 7-7. Amazing

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNewman View Post
    Tie game. Tampa is unbelievable.
    Sure, but also Texas is using awful pitchers. We're going to be watching a lot of garbage baseball over these next couple of weeks.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

Severino entering the rotation next week is exciting. Hes pretty well rested

I think Severino, Paxton, Tanaka is a pretty good top 3

NYYF Legend

Oakland mounting a rally in the 6th
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Houston BP is vulnerable.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lou_14 View Post
    Sure, but also Texas is using awful pitchers. We're going to be watching a lot of garbage baseball over these next couple of weeks.
    Rays might never lose another game. It sure feels that way right now.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MyBoysKaosHavoK View Post
    Double-header Thursday. So does Boone punt the 1st or 2nd game Tomorrow....
    Probably play half a lineup in both games and good relievers only allowed to pitch in one game or the other.

Thread Information