+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 548 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

2019 Regular Season Thread

Opening Day! Have a great baseball season Yankee fans. Hopefully this is the year our WS drought comes to an end.

CF Brett Gardner
    RF Aaron Judge
    LF Giancarlo Stanton
    DH Luke Voit
    3B Miguel Andujar
    C Gary Sanchez
    1B Greg Bird
    2B Gleyber Torres
    SS Troy Tulowitzki
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

Re: 2019 Regular Season Thread

Let's go!
    Assistant to the Manager
    Analytical Department of Analytics

NYYF Legend

It's going to be a great season.

so does anyone know the plan with DJL? 12 million seems like a lot of money to be Tulo's backup, right? maybe play 3rd and have Andujar DH against lefties? Bird sits?

Hope is eternal

Quote Originally Posted by AllRise View Post
    so does anyone know the plan with DJL? 12 million seems like a lot of money to be Tulo's backup, right? maybe play 3rd and have Andujar DH against lefties? Bird sits?
    He will start almost daily but not in the same position. I know the plan is for Tulo to play 4 games a week max so there is 2-3 games a week at short.
    The sky is falling! We are doomed!

Quote Originally Posted by AllRise View Post
    Use him as a Ben Zobrist type.

Best day of the year!

Opening Day should be a national holiday. Everyone needs off.

LETS GO BABY!! WHAT. A. LINEUP.

[Moderator]

Happy New Year, everybody.

Just a few friendly reminders as we start the new season.

Watch the excessive negativity. It really turns a lot of our members off, and has turned some away. Sad to say, but the Yankees will lose some games this year, maybe as many as ten or twelve, and when that happens, going on for pages about not having Machado and/or Harper is unnecessary. Everything doesn't need to be sunshine and rainbows, but rein in the gloom and doom just a bit.

Watch your language, particularly in the game threads. VEILED profanity is still profanity. Pretend your grandmother is reading over your shoulder.

Play nice with each other. Disagree all you want, but don't call out other members or call their opinions ignorant. A little mutual respect goes a long way toward keeping the place civil.

PARTICIPATE in the site. The more people who actually discuss the players, the games, the front office, the better the site is.

Play Ball!

[/Moderator]

"But what people tend to forget...is that being a Yankee is as much about character as it is about performance; as much about who you are as what you do."
    - President Barack Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Maynerd View Post

Sad to say, but the Yankees will lose some games this year, maybe as many as ten or twelve ...
    lol

NYYF Legend

[Moderator]

Watch the excessive negativity. It really turns a lot of our members off, and has turned some away. Sad to say, but the Yankees will lose some games this year, maybe as many as ten or twelve, and when that happens, going on for pages about not having Machado and/or Harper is unnecessary. Everything doesn't need to be sunshine and rainbows, but rein in the gloom and doom just a bit.

Watch your language, particularly in the game threads. VEILED profanity is still profanity. Pretend your grandmother is reading over your shoulder.

Play nice with each other. Disagree all you want, but don't call out other members or call their opinions ignorant. A little mutual respect goes a long way toward keeping the place civil.

PARTICIPATE in the site. The more people who actually discuss the players, the games, the front office, the better the site is.

Play Ball!

[/Moderator]
    Both of my grandmothers are dead. They can't look over my shoulder any longer. Thanks for sticking a fork in that wound.

Although, I am still a little mad at my one grandma for blowing the whistle on me to my mom for my ill advised crossing of Main Street in 1965.
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post

CF Brett Gardner
    RF Aaron Judge
    LF Giancarlo Stanton
    DH Luke Voit
    3B Miguel Andujar
    C Gary Sanchez
    1B Greg Bird
    2B Gleyber Torres
    SS Troy Tulowitzki
    A lot of us complained about re-signing Gardner when it happened, I know I did, but now ... thank God we did.

BTW awesome lineup ... gives me chills just looking at it.

Happy Opening Day! Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post
    A lot of us complained about re-signing Gardner when it happened, I know I did, but now ... thank God we did.

Yea dipping into our "depth" on day 1.

I'll be honest I wish they had a better plan than batting him leadoff though and gave Torres a shot to move up in the order with Hicks out. But 1st half Gardner against a RHP coming off a strong ST in the leadoff spot is a nit-picky criticism right now. Also, I wonder if the lefty at the top is to try to prevent a righty opener. Otherwise the lineup is pretty spot on. Could make a case for other minor tweaks, but not a definitive one.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Battingly View Post

I don't mind bringing back Gardner. What I don't like is the rush of signing him back at that price. But off-season is finished now so let all of us wish him having a Trout-like season.

NYYF Triple Crown

Opening Day is very special to me and want to wish everybody a great season. I am too optimistic this year so I have to be careful about being disappointed, mainly because of Sevy getting back to form (critical). I know some of my posts this off season should have been better researched and opinionated but most were instantly responded to another's post, happens. I miss some of the posters here. Everybody here wants a WS ring this year. Thanks.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kan_t View Post
    I don't mind bringing back Gardner. What I don't like is the rush of signing him back at that price. But off-season is finished now so let all of us wish him having a Trout-like season.
    Agreed. I think they should have offered Gardner a low yearly contract with incentives for second half performance.
    There's a sinister plot a brewin'

NYYF Legend

I will see you all at the GAME!

NYYF Legend

[Moderator]

Play Ball!

[/Moderator]
    https://twitter.com/JackCurryYES/sta...72023458807808

In.

Very excited to see what a healthy Judge can do this season!

A few things that popped in my head about the opening day lineup:

#1 - Gleyber Torres is better than a #8 hitter and should be higher.
    #2 - Voit/Bird combo? I guess we are real with this and can expect it.
    #3 - WE need more lefties.
    #4 - DJL on the bench. Interesting.
    #5 - Lets hope Gardy has a better year at the dish.

Now lets start this season off right!
    The Continuance of Being Great, is Getting Number Twenty-Eight

NYYF Legend

They're gonna lose games? I didn't get that memo...

GO YANKEES!

Very excited for this season. Going to the game Saturday before my wife and I move out of NY. But not to worry, I already signed up for my t-mobile mlb.tv deal so I'm all set!

Lineups
    First pitch
    BASEBALL

Thread Information